Rohan C. Pease

View Rohan C. Pease's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Oil Inventory Report Fuels a Market Rally [View article]
    Thanks for the analysis. I believe that oil and gold rising are tied to inflationary pressures, however I am bullish on platinum and copper as these indicate that real economic demand is moving upward.

My current trade is long platinum and short gold, which has yielded a gain of 4.5% since July 16th when I recommended the trade.

Yesterday Bloomberg released an article indicating that demand for Gold in July dropped due to Jewlery demand. It is my belief that supply restrictions and auto industry stabilization (Ford increase production) will drive platinum higher to around 1400, and short gold is my hedge as I see it running into resistance at 970.

I would stay long oil as an inflation hedge if it can stay above $70 during next weeks trading sessions.
    Aug 20 11:25 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fortescue: China Breaks the Iron Ore Monster [View article]
    Positroll, thanks for the comments, I usually always learn from my readers. Moly would be a good idea since the other large producer of the steel strengthener is FCX. I believe the metal has good margins when steel pricing picks up.
    Aug 20 11:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Brazilian ADRs to Benefit from Continued Dollar Weakness [View article]
    Ohh i meant to mention that CPL has underperformed the Bovespa index this year rising approx 15% during the Bovespa's 48% rise this year. I think its time for it to play catchup as the upcomming mergers will be the catalyst.
    Aug 19 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Brazilian ADRs to Benefit from Continued Dollar Weakness [View article]
    Alan, I agree the currency itself is a great way to profit from the Brazilian economy. I particularly like CPL, its a great utility co. (I work for one myself) which has tremendous ability to grow thru aqs. and pays a nice dividend.

Or if dividnend protection is what you are looking for then why not just invest in the government debt. It pays a lofty interest cupon, the highest of the emerning nations, except Argintina, but if you haven't heard this morning, the Kirchner regieme underreported inflation. One of many frauds to drop from that family.
    Aug 19 11:52 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Verso Paper: Breaking Out from the Brink of Death [View article]
    Great analysis, thanks for the reccomendation.
    Aug 4 12:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Case Shiller Index Has First Monthly Increase Since 2006 [View article]
    Hunter GVL,

I don't think your accurate about another $10T of mortgage failures, the entire residential mortgage market in the US beofe the crisis was $14T and commerical real estate which everyone is so worried about casts a shadow of $2T.

Source: Goldman Sachs
    Jul 28 03:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Since the financial crisis began, more than $32B has flowed to the two largest online brokerages - TD Ameritrade (AMTD) and Charles Schwab (SCHW) - and more than $100B has been pulled from full-service brokerages like Smith Barney (C) and Merrill Lynch (BAC).  [View news story]
    OWN ETFC!!!
    Jul 24 01:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Base Metals Forecast: Sharp Steel Slowdown, Iron Ore Overcapacity [View article]
    From Rio Tinto's earnings conference call it looks as if those FORECASTS are a bit flawed. Goldman Sachs conference call with head of commodities Jim Oneil spoke a couple months back about the increased growth in China and how that will buoy golbal GDP in the second half of 2009 and into 2010. Every week that passes by confirms that fact. Long Vale and FSUMF shares.
    Jul 15 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Would Sell Platinum and Buy Palladium [View article]
    A month later....

Platinum is down 11.9% while palladium is down 7.1%, meaning if you would have went short platinum and got long palladium you would have a profit of 4.8%.

Note the profit margin has steadily increased as the spead over the two metals has receded from the 1K mark.
    Jul 10 03:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Your UNC TAD data is backward looking, steel markets require to be forward looking.
    Jul 10 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    China steel production in June on an annual basis is on track to beat output from 2007 or 2008. Momentum is still on the iron ore producers.
    Jul 10 03:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sixth Pullback Since the March 9th Low [View article]
    Great data, and we closed above 905 on the S&P today, that's huge going foward. Watch for support to break 905, the fall from there could be vicious. We breifly touched 903 intraday, but rallied 5-6pts on strong volume. I think we will trade between 905 and 935 for some time.
    Jun 17 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Potash Down $20+ in a Few Days [View article]
    *if you "believe" inflation expactations
    Jun 17 04:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potash Down $20+ in a Few Days [View article]
    POT should find support arond the $90 range with next possible consolidation around $93. Great stock going foward if you inflation expectations are no longer anchored.
    Jun 17 04:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Potash: Fertilizer for the Economy's Green Shoots [View article]
    Thank for the article, i minted money with this stock in the first half of 2008 and I think it may be time to get in again.

Actually I believe Zach has impecabile timing in his articles, his thoughts are current and ideas are fresh. Could be just a coinciednce, but if I were to buy POT, I couldn't think of a better time then today with the stock off 9% which puts it just below the 200DMA. This is an important metric since I believe the correction began Monday with traders looking for convergence to the 200DMA before another leg upwards. 905 is your bogey on the S&P, we need a close above today.
    Jun 17 12:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment