Rohit Thapliyal

View Rohit Thapliyal's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is It Time To Invest In Coal? [View article]
    Thank you for your insights! Interesting.
    Aug 15 09:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    Not that I defend his comments (he seems to be pretty bullish on ChromaDex for better or worse), but ChromaDex does, nonetheless, have several patents from this government office.

Notice: "The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has granted patent #8,133,917…"

ChromaDex has a significant intellectual property portfolio around its pterostilbene and NR compounds. This is indisputable. Likewise, Star Scientific has also legally protected itself.
    Aug 3 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    I appreciate your comment and what you meant by it, i.e. that my article has not captured the entire investment thesis of CIGX (nor, as a corollary, the entire investment thesis of CDXC). It is impossible for a single article to do an entire stock justice. Instead, I chose to focus on a side-by-side valuation comparison of two similar (not identical) companies.

Certainly, anatabine products have significant potential. Likewise, pterostilbene and NR products have significant potential. These truths do not diminish the value of my article, as the purpose was simply to show the effects of media coverage. I hope this makes sense. I appreciate your comment. Also see my above comments for further color. Thank you.
    Aug 3 12:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    OK.
    Aug 3 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    I appreciate your perspective. You will notice that my article used full year (fiscal 2011) data as the basis for most comparisons. I realize that Star Scientific's revenue has increased, and ChromaDex is likewise expecting over a 200% increase. Also, I have mentioned in several comments above, I purposefully omitted study data from my article to maintain a focus on the side-by-side illustration. ChromaDex (like Star Scientific) has substantial clinical and scientific data supporting its portfolio. Both companies have significant merits and risks.
    Aug 3 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    As I mentioned above, I omitted all study data about both companies (ChromaDex included) due to length restrictions and, importantly, to maintain my focus on the side-by-side illustration. I think a follow-up article about the clinical data supporting both companies' products is a great idea, and I will begin work on that. Thank you for your comment.
    Aug 3 12:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    To be fair, I also omitted all studies regarding ChromaDex, as well. I noticed that user ShonKin has provided some of the data regarding ChromaDex's portfolio, and I am sure there is significant data for Star Scientific's portfolio. I did not include any study data due to length restrictions on SeekingAlpha, but this would make for a great follow-up piece. Many thanks, again.
    Aug 3 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    "The comparison is fair…"

Thank you for the links you provided.
    Aug 3 12:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. As I mentioned several times, the purpose of my article was not to encourage nor discourage investment in either company. The article was simply illustrative in nature.
    Aug 3 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Side-By-Side Comparison Of Star Scientific And ChromaDex [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. Some others here have noted the possible cures in ChromaDex's products, as well, although both companies are actively testing for efficacy / "proof." Also, Anatabloc is not unique in its ability to have actual health benefits, as the studies for ChromaDex's products demonstrate. Both companies have some data and are awaiting more definitive tests. My point was simply to compare the awareness of both companies as it effects market capitalization, as both companies have very promising products.
    Aug 3 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pfizer's Trade-Off Between Value And Momentum [View article]
    Thanks for this insight. I think a lot of investors did not understand this balance.
    Jul 31 02:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Questcor's Growth Cheaply [View article]
    QCOR dropped a lot today after Citron Research published a follow-up report on the company. Citron Research and TheStreetSweeper have been bashing this company hard. Did you see their reports?
    Jul 10 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opko Health: Shorts Likely To Get Frostbite [View article]
    Thank you for your comment. I don't have any position, but hope you found the information helpful nonetheless. SeekingAlpha helps support the dialogue between bulls and bears, and what else is a market? Thanks, again.
    Jun 19 11:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Stocks Rated 'Buy' By Zacks: A Look At Hedging Them [View article]
    Einhorn was so right about GMCR. Unreal.
    May 11 12:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons JPMorgan Will Hit New Highs In 2013 [View article]
    "Good points here. You know, JPM really got hit hard today after the bell. You wonder what will happen if Goldman Sachs ever makes a trading mistake like this. They gloat about having huge stretches of no losing days - "Only One Losing Day This Quarter" - and then they have a JPM-quarter happen to them. Watch out- poof."
    May 11 12:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment