Romano Bastianpillai

View Romano Bastianpillai's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Apple Stock Is A Long-Term Investment Opportunity Right Now [View article]
    Revenue did increase 5.6% yoy as indicated in the last earnings. Although this isn't significant growth, it definitely isn't flat. Let's not forget that 5.6% translates to a $3.2 billion revenue increase.
    Mar 25, 2014. 05:43 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    Nice article. It touches on some ideas that I haven't really thought about. I'm trying to determine whether distributing dividends is a good idea. I agree that the act will entice dividend ETF's and even more defensive investors to buy AAPL stock, which will in turn drive up the stock price- as you pointed out. However, I'm assuming Apple would have to pay an immense amount of repatriation taxes (I hear most of the cash is overseas), and also stock holders would have to pay taxes on the dividends. So the way I see it, taxes would eat into a large chunk of Apple's cash hoard, in the event of dividend distribution. Is Apple better off keeping the money as reserves to account for any future liabilities? Would this money be better spent in R&D or even buying back stock? What are your thoughts?
    Mar 1, 2012. 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    I realize that the RSI may be reaching levels that are traditionally viewed as overbought. However, my interpretation of RSI is that it's essentially an indicator of trend, since movements in recent stock price solely drive the RSI. As long as the rising stock price or trend can be justified based on technicals and fundamentals, I wouldn't worry - as is the case with Apple. If the change can't be justified, then I think the RSI is a very good indicator of overbought/oversold status since the stock would be largely speculative. Hope this helps.
    Feb 29, 2012. 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    I'd actually be more hesitant to buy Apple if it did reach $600 in a month, because I can't see earnings rising at the same rate and I'm assuming the fundamentals stay consistent. Of course, that situation would be great for us shareholders who may be inclined to sell!
    Feb 28, 2012. 11:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    Thanks
    Feb 28, 2012. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    You're correct. I should have taken further steps to validate my source. Still, this link corroborates my original argument: http://onforb.es/yKgBGq
    Feb 28, 2012. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    $650 may very well be possible. I wanted to provide a conservative estimate. Also, as long as earnings rise at a faster rate than the stock price, the $650 level will be palatable.
    Feb 28, 2012. 11:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    Agreed.
    Feb 28, 2012. 11:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    Sorry you feel that way. The only thing I can really address is the sole example that you did bring up. By proactive, I mean effectively addressing the issue, not just addressing the issue. Feel free to check out the embedded link in my article if you would like more clarification about whether the issue has been addressed, effectively.
    Feb 28, 2012. 11:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I See Apple Reaching $600 Within A Year [View article]
    You're correct, this article was posted almost 2 weeks ago on my personal blog. The lag is due to editorial review. However, the point of my article is to demonstrate that Apple is still relatively cheap, although there appears to be growing concern that the stock has reached speculative levels. I believe the fundamentals and technicals support a price level of $600, not just $533 or $497.
    Feb 28, 2012. 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment