Ron Hiram

View Ron Hiram's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Thoughts On Kevin Kaiser's Allegations Of Inadequate Capital Maintenance Expenditures At Kinder Morgan [View article]
    I suggested Gasland not as a reliable source of information but as an example of how opponents try to sway public sentiment.
    Sep 21 12:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At El Paso Pipeline Partners' Distributable Cash Flow As Of Q2 2013 [View article]
    Thanks for your question. I responded via an article recently published.
    Sep 20 03:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At Suburban Propane Partners' Distributable Cash Flow As Of Q3 FY 2013 [View article]
    I am not sure which transaction you are referring to. Please be more specific. Thanks.
    Sep 10 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At Targa Resources Partners' Distributable Cash Flow As Of 2Q 2013 [View article]
    The MLP GP's probably offer the greatest DCF growth prospects. Take a look at ETE, TRGP and WMB. Other than that, look at EPD, PAA, MMP and WPZ. Of the MLPs I cover, these probably provide the best DCF growth prospects.
    Sep 10 03:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I bought when it yielded >9%. This was after SPH acquired the propane operations from NRGY. The reasons for initiating the position were outlined in http://bit.ly/18Pl39D
    Sep 9 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am saying they are more reliant on raising cash via debt and equity issuance than other MLPs (i.e., NGLS is not generating excess cash); an LP's exposure to dilution risk is therefore greater.
    Sep 9 11:11 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At Magellan Midstream Partners' Distributable Cash Flow As Of 2Q 2013 [View article]
    The NRGY number in the table is incorrect. Thanks for pointing that out. I no longer follow NRGY and will remove if from the table going forward.
    Sep 4 08:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At Buckeye Partners' Distributable Cash Flow As Of Q2 2013 [View article]
    Company disclosures
    Aug 29 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Have not made these calculations.
    Aug 28 06:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Cannot answer because I do not cover APU and FGP. As I wrote to Bruce, there are only so many I can cover in the time I allot to this kind of analysis.
    Aug 23 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Time constraint is the only reason. There are only so many I can cover in the time I allot to this kind of analysis.
    Aug 23 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At Plains All American Pipeline's Distributable Cash Flow As Of Q2 2013 [View article]
    I think you misunderstood. My comment with respect to it being costly to issue additional units referred to LP units. I did not refer to additional IDRs. IDR payments will be the same, just split differently.
    Aug 20 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Overall, I see the benefits (which I noted and commented on extensively in past articles) outweighing the negatives.
    Aug 20 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At Enterprise Products Partners' Distributable Cash Flow As Of Q2 2013 [View article]
    I own the both. No reason to restrict yourself to one or the other.
    Aug 15 07:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    1. Total sustainable DCF TTM 6/30/13 = $2,764 million (Table $)
    2. Total distributions to unitholders = $2,292 (Table 4)
    Dividing 1 by 2 = 1.21