Ron Reed

View Ron Reed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Skullcandy +8% on Jefferies upgrade [View news story]
    Once again the weak comments from after the fact PT raises garner an increase in algorithmic trade executions.
    Aug 12 12:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SodaStream roundup: Upgrade and earnings call shot at GMCR [View news story]
    After a 10% increase yesterday, flat is okay in pre-market. Opening they are up another 2% now
    Jul 31 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • New Home Sales decline in June [View news story]
    47,000? No! 406,000 about 2x Dec 07 numbers.
    Jul 24 10:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Keurig Details Are Not Released: SodaStream Should Continue To Dominate The Home Soda Market [View article]
    The 12oz soda is the most appropriate measure as it is the least expensive as well as the most common home use item. The 20oz and 1L bottles are targeted at convenience stores, not home. As well they cost more than the cans do when compared price per oz. If you bring in the sales cost of the 20oz and 1L bottles the cost of the competition increases thus making SS an even better deal. Co-branded items are roughly similar in cost to the Name brands that co-own them. The same is true for SS as well, the co-branded flavors are priced similar to the SS generic flavors.
    Jul 17 04:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors roundup: Win in PA, grass roots support in China [View news story]
    I don't think that is really Rep. or Dem. thing, I think that is all politicians. Both sides are in it for them not us.
    Jul 15 09:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Negative rates not the end of moves for the ECB [View news story]
    No, I agree with Gary's statement on its face. Often people confuse the shift in money and look at it in too narrow a focus. He does not separate out the issues most of Africa faces, which Bud points out. Both are correct in my est.

The cure for such rampant sociopolitical issues is so multifaceted that I cannot even begin to correct them. Much of MENA faces the same issues, corruption supported by citizens kept unaware to hold power in place. Just had this conversation this morning with a now US Cit. who's parents came over from N.A. for a visit.
    Jun 5 04:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GM to offer embedded Wi-Fi option in 2015 models [View news story]
    I see a whole lot of safety concern with this, however, nothing that cannot be achieved with current cell phones so I don't think it poses much of an increased safety risk above what is already the problem, which is a distracted driver not the device that allows them to do it.
    May 12 04:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invesco Mortgage CFO resigning [View news story]
    Not much.
    Apr 11 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Report: Dish Network pushing for merger talks with DirecTV [View news story]
    I have to agree, if a merger between the two were to happen, I'd expect service to drop even worse. DTV has been great to work with and Dish was just plain a pain.
    Mar 26 04:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • It's academic: Consumers don't need dealerships [View news story]
    The general accepted theory is that dealerships need the protection due to high outlay of cost for the inventory. As a political tool they have it covered as, in many communities, the dealerships as a group are among the largest in tax base. Much like the call for need of license for barber shops and nail salons I don't think they are there to protect the consumers only to protect the business.
    Mar 26 11:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Galena and CytRx stock promotion behavior scrutinized [View news story]
    As an author I can assure you SA tracks, records, and verifies each author. With that being said, yes you can make false ID's and false bank accounts, but you cannot expect them to dig that deep, they are after all a company not the gov't.

Beyond all that, the articles are opinion based, if they are factually incorrect and presented as facts, the company and investors can and do file lawsuits to recover losses.

Anyone who trades based strictly on either one article with no way to back up the data, or who trades based on one guy's comments, or who trades without doing their own due diligence is subject to losses that are the fault of YOU the investor.

If an article is factually incorrect, and losses are due to that, the market will recover those losses and you should consider it a buy in time and laugh at the losers.

And before anyone tries to make some stupid comment about who I am, I am only part of SA as an author, I do not write often, I receive no compensation for my comments other than the articles I have written. I have no stake in Gale at this time, I have no plans to have a stake in Gale in the near future. I do follow them as interesting, but nothing beyond that at this time. I have made money running options on Gale.
    Mar 13 06:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife receives notice of FTC inquiry [View news story]
    "The moral of the story? The government, as always, is up for sale to the highest bidder."

AMEN!

No dog in this race either, but rather humorous to watch from the sidelines. As with all improbables the emotional ties are down right slap-stick. That applies to both sides!
    Mar 13 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power: Irrational Exuberance To End In Ruin [View article]
    I believe Bob Shiller was the one to bring it into common use.
    Mar 11 03:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buzz building over Tesla gigafactory [View news story]
    You may want to check your facts there, GS is #6 in line of holdings at a mere 4.15, Susquehanna International Group, LLP at 11.865 and FMR, LLC at 11.618 hold the most. BAC at 4.39 and MS at 3.85.

Edit to note, that is in millions of shares not percent.
    Feb 24 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain +38.3% AH in response to Coca-Cola deal [View news story]
    Huh? I disagree 100%! This is exactly why options work well. This is exactly why shorts work well. 30% or so was short on SODA at 50.00 and it plummeted post earnings, now it plummeted again. Now would be the time to cover and switch betting that PEP will join hands with SODA soon. Even if not, SODA has a world wide footprint already and is banking quite a lot.

I think you are simply angered by a bad play.
    Feb 5 05:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment