Ron Reed

View Ron Reed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Went Short This High-Flying 'Cloud' Stock Today [View article]
    I don't think 3% is a meaningful number in this market. We are seeing most stocks move +/- 5% on a day to day whim,
    Sep 18 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Roasters: Inventory Fraud Or Savvy Self-Insurance? [View article]
    Mark to market and raw inventory are totally different views. I don't think he was indicating they were holding contracts I think he was indicating they are holding raw product. Which would be the best option for them since they are selling refined product.
    Sep 18 11:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Outstanding article! Glad to have you aboard.
    Sep 18 09:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Went Short This High-Flying 'Cloud' Stock Today [View article]
    Increase in earnings appears to be happening at a positive clip, 75%+ of institutional hold, already at a 12% short, and the stock is generally moving upward. Cloud based services are becoming the new internet and you are calling for a short on one of the big players of the cloud? I have no dog long or short in this fight and no real in depth look, but on the surface and with the latest round of free money it does not look like a good bet, much less a good investment. I'll sit on the sidelines for this one.
    Sep 17 04:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sturm, Ruger (RGR) says that on August 15, it's already produced its one millionth firearm of 2012, noting it's on pace to beat its own yearly record of 1,114,700 firearms produced, set in 2011. Last year, Ruger became the first and only commercial firearms company to manufacture one million firearms in a single year. [View news story]
    Uncle Pie, just pack up and move to the UK they feel the same way you do. So does IL, CA, MA, and NJ for that matter, oddly enough violent crime is on the rise there and falling elsewhere. Take a look at Mexico, same thing. You might not like guns and there is nothing wrong with that, just don't buy one or hang out with those that do.
    Sep 17 03:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Halliburton (HAL +3.1%) is searching for a seven-inch tube containing radioactive material that went missing in West Texas earlier this week. The tube is used in the measuring and evaluating of conditions within oil and gas wells; HAL warns the public not to touch or handle it. Shares are rising along with other energy and materials stocks in the post-Fed glow. [View news story]
    Oh this makes my heart drop. Not for the minor problems the radiation would cause in 20 years, but the headach of finding and reporting a lost source. FYI the chemical sources used in well logging as very low activity sources, depending on what type it was from 5ci to 15ci, but most likely it was a 5ci since they are the most common. To put it in perspective you get more radiation from the X-Ray machine at the doc' s office than one of these sources, although the energy is a bit different.
    Sep 17 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Notable earnings after Wednesday’s close: P, TIVO, WFT [View news story]
    I think you lost that one.
    Aug 30 01:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Notable earnings after Wednesday’s close: P, TIVO, WFT [View news story]
    On the short side huh?
    Aug 29 08:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Manchester United: It Takes A Brit To Explain Why America Has Been Fooled [View article]
    Very interesting idea indeed! I cannot comment on the value they will be, but it stands to reason.
    Aug 27 02:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Aug 27 12:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weatherford International: Value Or Value Trap? [View article]
    Is my data false? No, but nice to see you insinuate that rather than a real comment. You are certainly allowed to have your own opinion and I think you are simply on the other side of the coin from me. But childish retorts add nothing to the discussion.
    Aug 27 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weatherford International: Value Or Value Trap? [View article]
    I agree 100%. Once all the numbers get released I believe the stock will jump up quite a bit. I do not expect any surprises in the numbers, the market is just waiting on the solid facts to be published. More than anything else that is the hidden value and make this a good time buy into WFT.
    Aug 27 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weatherford International: Value Or Value Trap? [View article]
    Everyone has his/her own opinion.
    Aug 27 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monster Soda? [View article]
    noted! I'm not a native NY'er and obviously lack the nuance of it. What I have had are excellent though, I understand why is was so popular.
    Aug 26 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Monster Soda? [View article]
    Sure you can, you just make the selzer water like normal. Not sure what kind of egg cream you make.....
    Aug 24 04:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment