Ron Reed

View Ron Reed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tesla Motors on watch after reports of incident at California plant [View news story]
    I'm a TSLA short, all of this leads to my benefit. However, I'm not short TSLA due to small events like this, should this turn into a long term issue I may consider it into my analysis, however the three fires and this issue are not considerations to a stock that is fairly valued, had TSLA not been well over 300% or more overvalued it would not have made the stock move at all. Take a look at other manufacturers in the car industry and see if one fatal crash in a Ford or Chev. causes the stock to tumble. Even large recalls (which TSLA is not at yet) have little to no impact on them overall other than minuet changes that recover quickly. The only reason this has impact is due to the massive overvalue in the first place.
    Nov 13 05:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If anyone thinks they are going to garner some big break on a stock from a local news outlet reporting on a up to the minute event, they are deluding them self.
    Nov 13 04:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kain focused on buybacks while stock's below book [View news story]
    They need to read a little on what they invest in, I realize that mREIT's are rather complicated to the general investor (and many professionals as well). All investors are told time and time again to know what you are investing in and not thinking that (or forgetting that) high returns contain high risk (and often high volatility) is silly. As for the when, well I agree it will be sometime before AGNC and the rest of the mREIT companies get back to BV+ numbers, in the meantime I'll continue accumulation through outright purchase and short puts.
    Nov 13 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Regardless of where you sit on the issue (short or long TSLA) basing any trade or valuation of any stock on "up to the minute, you gotta see this" news reporting is a terrible idea. News casts get so much wrong I don't even watch them. Heck, they can't get the scores from games played the night before right much less the details of an ongoing incident, or policy change, or how a given law effects something. So much spin and so little reporting have driven the whole journalist field into worse than fiction writing and borderline slander.
    Nov 13 04:18 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kain focused on buybacks while stock's below book [View news story]
    Well of course, what is better than buying your own stock back at discounted values and then re-issuing stock if more capital is needed at higher than BV. Gosh, AGNC has been doing this for years and it certainly shows in the balance book.
    Nov 13 04:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge trusts sink after sales volumes fall short of estimates [View news story]
    No, I'd hang on to gain as much from the distributions as possible. Assuming another flare-up in the MENA the price of oil may strike high enough and with winter upon up the increase in the cost of NG should prop up some of the distributions enough to keep it in the 15.00 area.
    Oct 28 07:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @zz28, While I agree that risk follows the money, mismanagement and loosing capital is much different than the asset loosing capital on its own merits.
    Oct 26 06:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Lets see, warnings were issued in Nov-12, Dec-12, Feb-13, Mar-13, Arp-13, Sep-13 all stating that SD was having issues with the trusts and/or having to pull resources from other projects to fund the distributions. Oddly enough SD is attempting to operate like the Fed, it just cannot print its own money to back itself. @Douglas, I concur with your statement, however I wonder if they will ever be sustainable.
    Oct 26 06:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    From the inside looking out, SD and SD trusts are a sell until the issues inter company get resolved.
    Oct 25 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GOP hopeful of debt-budget deal today [View news story]
    What I find is so inexplicable is that Congress is attempting to tell the Exec. branch that it cannot raise the debt limit to enforce the laws that Congress passed. So many people misunderstand that the debt limit only needs to be increased due to the laws that Congress has already passed and the Exec. branch is mandated to enforce. Don't get me wrong, I don't like this administration and I don't agree with its tactics or values, but the whole load a crap spewed by both sides on this is all misleading talking points to begin with. Then you have big weigh in from so called experts that express only opinion and no fact swinging to either the right or left political side, a public that doesn't have a clue, and a huge amount of fear mongering from all sides; I honestly wonder where the political machine gets these people in the first place. Most high school kids have a better grasp of civics and the constitution than Congress and the other elected bozo's. There is certainly no better country to live in, in my opinion, but I sure wish we could elect some folks in that care more about the people and less about themselves.
    Oct 11 05:51 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Simple Reasons I'm Still Short Pandora [View article]
    What would tell me I (and the author) was wrong; is a solid proof of positive earnings and ways going forward to increase earnings and actually value the stock. Having a continual loss of capital and and increasing stock price is rather irrational in a market with competitors that do have positive earnings. The current price is based on pure speculation and only 1/4 based in truth at that.
    Oct 7 03:43 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analysis: Tesla at $200 is coming, just not today [View news story]
    His point being that the analysts cannot even figure where this stock is going and simply change tune to what the stock sings. Up or down they follow suit but don't understand it any better than retail investors.
    Oct 3 08:32 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REITs reprice amid hefty dividend cuts [View news story]
    That is rather funny since CMO followed all the same dips but none of the raises. Holding in the same 25% price to price range and paying only a fraction of the dividend and a 1/10 of the net worth. Overall I think we can all agree that generally the stock price follows the BV. With that being the case CMO has a net of 1.2B and pays about 8% AGNC has 9.2B and pays about 15%. Yes, yes payout changes over time as does stock price but overall those numbers are close. We can sit here and pin prick pick specific data points to counter both, however overall AGNC does a much better job managing the money. The are much more efficient on profit production from capital as well as growth. Its not that CMO is a bad company, but they are nowhere near the team that makes up AGNC and its parent company.
    Sep 20 05:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Mortgage REITs reprice amid hefty dividend cuts [View news story]
    you'll have to wait until I have time to write the article for that.
    Sep 20 05:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deutsche raises Tesla PT to $200 from $160, shares +1% AH [View news story]
    what tickles me is how all the "analysts" get to slap price targets anywhere they want, and when it makes a turn or never reaches that point there is no accountability for false targets. Good news comes out on "X" and they give it a PT of 100.00, bad news two weeks later and it drops to 50.00 all the while "X" remains at about 75.00. Price targets are useless unless they come from a respected source which are harder and harder to find these days.
    Sep 20 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment