Ron Reed

View Ron Reed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • FOMC minutes: Taper could happen without labor improvement [View news story]
    While I fear the market reaction to the ending of QE, I certainly hope to see it sooner than later. The resultant devaluation of the dollar will take decades to correct at the current position and the hole gets deeper the longer this continues.

To put it in Greenspan terms QE=oops. (for those that miss it the last part is a bit off color and inaccurate)
    Nov 20 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pandora slides ahead of earnings following Albert Fried downgrade [View news story]
    Actually, I agree with the downgrade, I'm 2K shares short. However, with little to no accountability all of the 'experts' that weigh in on most stocks hold no value to me. Regardless of if they agree or disagree with my feelings on that particular stock/bond/asset. So long as they maintain a 50/50 shot they continue to make the same calls and jump up and down when they are right and come up with more drivel about what changed in the months/weeks/days/seconds from when they made the pick to what really happens.
    Nov 19 04:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    ho-hum more 'experts' weigh in with mindless drivel and held to no account
    Nov 19 02:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Yellen leans dovish in prepared confirmation hearing remarks [View news story]
    Saying Yellen "leans dovish" is like saying Miley Cyrus "shows signs of immaturity"

I'll be quoting you on that! I agree wholeheartedly.
    Nov 13 05:21 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors on watch after reports of incident at California plant [View news story]
    OH! and LOOK! it was not a fire, had nothing to do with fire, a simply accident.
    Nov 13 05:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I'm a TSLA short, all of this leads to my benefit. However, I'm not short TSLA due to small events like this, should this turn into a long term issue I may consider it into my analysis, however the three fires and this issue are not considerations to a stock that is fairly valued, had TSLA not been well over 300% or more overvalued it would not have made the stock move at all. Take a look at other manufacturers in the car industry and see if one fatal crash in a Ford or Chev. causes the stock to tumble. Even large recalls (which TSLA is not at yet) have little to no impact on them overall other than minuet changes that recover quickly. The only reason this has impact is due to the massive overvalue in the first place.
    Nov 13 05:17 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    If anyone thinks they are going to garner some big break on a stock from a local news outlet reporting on a up to the minute event, they are deluding them self.
    Nov 13 04:27 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kain focused on buybacks while stock's below book [View news story]
    They need to read a little on what they invest in, I realize that mREIT's are rather complicated to the general investor (and many professionals as well). All investors are told time and time again to know what you are investing in and not thinking that (or forgetting that) high returns contain high risk (and often high volatility) is silly. As for the when, well I agree it will be sometime before AGNC and the rest of the mREIT companies get back to BV+ numbers, in the meantime I'll continue accumulation through outright purchase and short puts.
    Nov 13 04:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Regardless of where you sit on the issue (short or long TSLA) basing any trade or valuation of any stock on "up to the minute, you gotta see this" news reporting is a terrible idea. News casts get so much wrong I don't even watch them. Heck, they can't get the scores from games played the night before right much less the details of an ongoing incident, or policy change, or how a given law effects something. So much spin and so little reporting have driven the whole journalist field into worse than fiction writing and borderline slander.
    Nov 13 04:18 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kain focused on buybacks while stock's below book [View news story]
    Well of course, what is better than buying your own stock back at discounted values and then re-issuing stock if more capital is needed at higher than BV. Gosh, AGNC has been doing this for years and it certainly shows in the balance book.
    Nov 13 04:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SandRidge trusts sink after sales volumes fall short of estimates [View news story]
    No, I'd hang on to gain as much from the distributions as possible. Assuming another flare-up in the MENA the price of oil may strike high enough and with winter upon up the increase in the cost of NG should prop up some of the distributions enough to keep it in the 15.00 area.
    Oct 28 07:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @zz28, While I agree that risk follows the money, mismanagement and loosing capital is much different than the asset loosing capital on its own merits.
    Oct 26 06:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Lets see, warnings were issued in Nov-12, Dec-12, Feb-13, Mar-13, Arp-13, Sep-13 all stating that SD was having issues with the trusts and/or having to pull resources from other projects to fund the distributions. Oddly enough SD is attempting to operate like the Fed, it just cannot print its own money to back itself. @Douglas, I concur with your statement, however I wonder if they will ever be sustainable.
    Oct 26 06:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    From the inside looking out, SD and SD trusts are a sell until the issues inter company get resolved.
    Oct 25 10:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GOP hopeful of debt-budget deal today [View news story]
    What I find is so inexplicable is that Congress is attempting to tell the Exec. branch that it cannot raise the debt limit to enforce the laws that Congress passed. So many people misunderstand that the debt limit only needs to be increased due to the laws that Congress has already passed and the Exec. branch is mandated to enforce. Don't get me wrong, I don't like this administration and I don't agree with its tactics or values, but the whole load a crap spewed by both sides on this is all misleading talking points to begin with. Then you have big weigh in from so called experts that express only opinion and no fact swinging to either the right or left political side, a public that doesn't have a clue, and a huge amount of fear mongering from all sides; I honestly wonder where the political machine gets these people in the first place. Most high school kids have a better grasp of civics and the constitution than Congress and the other elected bozo's. There is certainly no better country to live in, in my opinion, but I sure wish we could elect some folks in that care more about the people and less about themselves.
    Oct 11 05:51 AM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment