Ron Reed

View Ron Reed's Comments BY TICKER:
  • American Capital Agency Among The Worst mREITs [View article]
    Interestingly enough, all the comments and views generate more income for the author. If his purpose is to simply drive his "clicks" he has done well.
    Jun 12 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Among The Worst mREITs [View article]
    Most agree, I don't know. I hope they do as well, time will tell.
    Jun 11 12:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Among The Worst mREITs [View article]
    Yes, absolute buy. Even if the dividend is reduced we are significantly below NBV. If the dividend is kept at 1.25 you will see the stock skyrocket back to 28-30.
    Jun 11 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Among The Worst mREITs [View article]
    After a sizable overnight fall, Treasury prices turn green on the session, the 10-year yield falling to 2.22%. The retreat in yields looks to be helping stocks climb off their lows, the DJIA (DIA -0.5%) now off just 75 points vs. about 150 near the open.
    Jun 11 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency Among The Worst mREITs [View article]
    I agree the title was well picked to gain attention, and the article is short on technical analysis and no facts to back up a "gut" feeling. As always when feelings are used to trade they are most often wrong.
    Jun 11 07:43 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Not Panic Out Of American Capital Agency [View article]
    The drawback to options on AGNC (or any other similar structure company) is missing on the dividends. I've thought of doing an article on it, this may be the push needed for the research and (uggh) writing.
    May 13 02:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Not Panic Out Of American Capital Agency [View article]
    We all do. Glad to see it really, I was concerned that the market did not react last week enough, tells me something might be afoot. Back to normal this week, glad I left my stops in place, accumulating now.
    May 13 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Not Panic Out Of American Capital Agency [View article]
    Please, please, please sell all your shares, I'd just love for this to tank on me while a gather up more shares! I have buy orders in for multiple drops and hope they all come in. At current levels you are looking at a 5 year payout and the rest is clear money plus the stock and continued dividends. Of course there is risk, but compared to its contemporaries AGNC takes the cake.
    May 6 10:45 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Capital Agency: Look Elsewhere For Bargains [View article]
    Bigger, better (more efficient), higher payout. Most folks don't buy mREIT's assuming share price increase they buy them on the dividend payout and share price increase is just icing whereas with most stocks the opposite is true (bought for share increase with dividend as icing). AGNC is an excellent company with many strengths and the only weakness is inherent to all mREIT companies. If you were planning on buying into them I see no reason not to, sure you could have gotten a better buy-in 6 months ago but who cares...just buy when the stock drops due to dividend payout and follow the stock with a keen eye on the central bank.
    Aug 16 05:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Turbo-Charge Your Position In American Capital Agency For Free [View article]
    If bullish Why would you bother selling the put for a return of 2.50 when you you could just hold the stock and make exactly the same in dividend? On the other side, again why hold the call and give up the dividend? With high return stocks like the mREIT it is often not in a bulls best interest to hold the options, they loose too much in dividend. This strategy is bunk.
    Jun 13 06:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment