Ron Stewart

View Ron Stewart's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Do You Know When You've Found 'Alpha'? [View article]
    Thanks! Good thoughts. I've noticed (but not studied) that share prices tend to dip soon after the dividend is paid. With low commission rates (such as those available through Vanguard), maybe a few more shares can be accumulated by waiting just a few days after the dividend is paid? OF course, I'm talking about companies in which I already own shares and which I watch fairly closely. Thank you.
    Oct 27, 2014. 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Do You Know When You've Found 'Alpha'? [View article]
    A good topic. I wonder if someone has studied the advantage/disadvantage of "DRIP"-ing dividends as opposed to depositing to a cash account and waiting for opportunities to add shares when the price dips. Anyone?
    Oct 27, 2014. 12:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Walgreen Fourth Quarter Earnings Preview: All About Taxes [View article]
    And a question for both commentators: What do you make of the news this morning the Walgreens is looking to sell much of its infusion business?

Sep 24, 2014. 10:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Small Companies Play Big Role In Prize Winner's Strategy; Maybe For You, Too? [View article]
    I have held shares of CODI for nearly two years and have been very pleased with both dividend (yield on cost is now at 8.76%) and total return. I have elected to reinvest dividends and have added shares when I thought there was opportunity. It is off its 52-week high by about $1.50, but I am not adding shares at the moment. It has just completed an acquisition, so I expect there will be some price softening in the very near term. I have never sold any shares of CODI. It has been a very good company in my Dividend Investment Project portfolio. Thank you for bringing it up. Do you have a feel for future performance?
    Sep 21, 2014. 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stocks to watch ahead of the "Best of the Uncovereds" conference [View news story]
    Thanks for your perspective, MichaelJ78.
    Sep 20, 2014. 02:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I remain long TIS. I sold some shares when it was trading $31+. Soft market conditions in the spring along with costs associated with its acquisition of Fabrica have pressured both top and bottom lines. Earlier this year in a second article about TIS, I suggested looking at adding shares in the $27 range, but I waited. Now I have added shares at the $26 range.

Sep 19, 2014. 10:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For interested readers of this alert: I wrote about Orchids Paper in May of 2013:

Sep 18, 2014. 12:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Northwest Natural Gas Co. Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    Today: 2/28/2014:
    •Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): Q4 EPS of $1.07 beats by $0.04.
    •Revenue of $260.75M (+13.6% Y/Y) beats by $82.95M.

Would you consider NWN worth a fresh look with these numbers in mind?
    Feb 28, 2014. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peregrine Semiconductor About To Soar [View article]
    I know ... ;-(. You think "soar" was the wrong word?
    Feb 12, 2014. 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peregrine Semiconductor About To Soar [View article]
    I remain long.
    Feb 11, 2014. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Do You Know When You've Found 'Alpha'? [View article]
    Enjoyable article; thank you. Another company associated with Taglich (as TIS is) is AIRI -- attractive dividend, good management, brightening future. It may fit into your journey plans. Happy New Year!
    Dec 31, 2013. 12:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Although trading volume is predictably light, AIRI has appreciated nicely in recent days. Trading close to $9 / share currently.
    Nov 19, 2013. 12:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Peregrine Semiconductor: Misunderstood And Mispriced Apple Supplier [View article]
    Good article. Upside potential is qute good. I agree: Buy.
    Nov 14, 2013. 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    News today: http://yhoo.it/1iPtvep
    Nov 7, 2013. 11:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "Spice" is a good word choice! Thanks for reading.
    Nov 6, 2013. 09:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment