View as an RSS Feed
Are You Worth Less Than 50 Cents To Netflix?
- Netflix announced quarterly earnings and offered visibility into its per customer revenue contribution.
- A look at the value of the customer shows why the stock held onto its recent 40% gain.
- The bulk of the price increase will go towards content creation building an asset rather than increasing margins.
Why HomeAway Gapped Up
- HomeAway beat revenue estimates and guided up, as expected.
- Performance listings drove the upside.
- Its unclear if this is a step-up or inflection point.
What Caused Facebook's Profit Explosion?
- Facebook's profits blew away analyst estimates.
- The driving forces were a combination of things, not just mobile ad revenue.
- North America is spending much more than the ROW implying more upside.
Why Netflix Will Continue To Climb After Just Meeting Estimates
- Netflix just met estimates but the stock is likely to continue climbing.
- Drivers are international growth, decline of DVD business and cost management.
- Margin expansion has room to run but will not continue for ever.
Why This Could Be HomeAway's Breakout Quarter
- HomeAway is transitioning to a hybrid subscription model that could increase its potential market.
- Initial results in 1Q14 were stronger than expected.
- Rollout to Europe may increase growth rate further.
Why We Should Have Seen The NQ Mobile Inc. Disaster Coming
- NQ fired its highly regarded auditor, PwC after it requested more information to sign off on its financials.
- There was a key indication that PwC was becoming concerned about the potential for misstatements.
- A side by side comparison of the two auditor reports makes the comparison easy.
Why Apple's E-Book Payout Is A Catalyst For Investors
- The $400 million settlement with NY AG Schneiderman took 2% out of Apple shares.
- It was timed with Apple's massive announcement that IBM would be developing software and selling Apple hardware.
- Long-term investors who look at earnings power should see this as a catalyst to buy not sell.
3 Bright Spots From Yahoo's Quarter
- Display and Search revenue was weak, but there were a few bright spots.
- Yahoo's investment in premium content is commanding a higher PPC.
- Yahoo seems willing to reduce share count with some of the Alibaba IPO proceeds.
What To Look For In BlackBerry's Make Or Break Quarter
- What are the tangible signs of revenue growth?
- Customer switching costs make BlackBerry very different from Sybase.
- This is a make or break quarter for BlackBerry; it needs to show revenue can rebound.
Auditors Didn't Find Fraud At NQ Mobile, But A Restatement Isn't Ruled Out
- NQ issued a press release stating no fraud was found by an independent audit team.
- The scope of the investigation does not explicitly state that revenue recognition was addressed.
- There is still risk to the story, and possibly a restatement.