Ronnie Moas

View Ronnie Moas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Indicator Sounds Stock Market Warning Bell [View article]
    I guess you would have to get a subscription to Value Line ... only cost $299 per year ... it is a good service
    Feb 5, 2014. 08:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The real Philip Morris debate [View news story]
    Maybe you critics should read my bio ... take a look at my web site ... audited track record and the 40-page report I wrote instead of taking my words out of context ... tobacco will be resposible for one billion deaths in this century ... continue to support the tobacco industry ... at the end of the day it is you who has to face the mirror ... I guess some people in this world have no conscience and there is no level too low to stoop for an extra dollar ... more than 5 mln deaths per year ... 500, 000 from second hand smike ... just in china there are 180 mln inhaling smoke ... you guys a are a smart bunch ... keep up the good work (sarcasm) ... you should be ashamed
    Jan 16, 2014. 07:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Analysts Are Not Always Right: Buy These 2 Stocks Now [View article]
    Jerbear -- I will do my job as I see fit and part of my job is to annihilate an industry that has the black lungs and blood of 500,000,000 on their hands. Many people do not understand what their chances are versus tobacco. The nation's tobacco companies and the federal government filed an agreement Friday on publishing corrective statements (see bottom) that say the companies lied about the dangers of smoking and requires them to disclose smoking's health effects.
    Under the agreement, each of the companies must publish full-page ads in the Sunday editions of 35 newspapers and air prime-time TV commercials on CBS, ABC or NBC five times per week for a year. The companies also must publish the statements on their websites and affix them to cigarette packs.

Each corrective ad is to be prefaced by a statement that a federal court has concluded that the defendant tobacco companies "deliberately deceived the American public." Among the required statements are that smoking kills more people than murder, AIDS, suicide, drugs, car crashes and alcohol combined, and that "secondhand smoke kills over 38,000 Americans a year."
    Jan 10, 2014. 10:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Analysts Are Not Always Right: Buy These 2 Stocks Now [View article]
    ok rob
    Jan 10, 2014. 06:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analysts Are Not Always Right: Buy These 2 Stocks Now [View article]
    OK
    Jan 10, 2014. 06:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Analysts Are Not Always Right: Buy These 2 Stocks Now [View article]
    CNBC has apologized for their interview and for posting an edited version of my CNBC interview that did not show what led to my voice rising. I have been invited back on their program Wednesday live in the studio. It is amazing what trash circulates on these message boards. The tobacco industry will be responsible for one billion deaths this century ... one billion ... that is 50X more people than Hitler killed. Continue to support PM.
    Jan 10, 2014. 07:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Indicator Sounds Stock Market Warning Bell [View article]
    Although it feels as though the market has been moving sharply higher, it is in fact up just 1% since this article was posted (as there was a 2% decline in the S&P after this was posted before the recent 3% move). The VLMAP remains near 30%.
    Dec 22, 2013. 06:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Indicator Sounds Stock Market Warning Bell [View article]
    Avolossov -- The Dreamliner is a game changer and Boeing could hit $10 in EPS in a few years. That being said, and as they say on Wall Street, buy low, sell high. It is at an all-time high at 20X trailing twelve months earnings up 60% since March. Good news is priced in; headline risk, recession, bad news (disappointment) is not. I would exit at $132. If you are looking out five years and don't mind near term volatility, there may still be value here. I would not keep more than 1% of my money in Boeing at $132. On a correction to $110, I would think about going to 1.5%, and at $90 I would go to 2%. I do not give my opinion on individual names in this forum. If you are interested in paying for our service, I can be reached via the Standpoint Research web site -- my firm is ranked # 1 in the country (2008-2013) and that covers nearly 400 recommendations. See table and link to my recent television appearance pasted at the bottom of this article (above) and on our Home page.
    Dec 4, 2013. 04:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Indicator Sounds Stock Market Warning Bell [View article]
    Caliboy75 -- I think I made my point very clear ... the upside from 1800 over the next 3-5 years (40%) is not enough to justify the near-term risk (20%) ... you have taken my words out of context and twisted them. Let's quit the nitpicking on your end, OK?
    Dec 3, 2013. 01:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Indicator Sounds Stock Market Warning Bell [View article]
    Caliboy75 -- I think you need to read my article again and re-think your statement of 17% versus 39% because the downside risk is near-term and the upside is looking out 3-5 years. I stand by my opinion that there is a good chance we see 1500-1600 before 2250-2500 and that investors holding a portfolio beta > 1.20 could get hurt in 2014-2015. The VLMAP indicator is what it is and it has an extraordinary track record going back more than 40 years. The Dow Jones has dropped 180 points since my Sunday warning through Noon on Tuesday. Disregard my warning at your own risk. The triple Sell I put out yesterday morning on bellwethers HD/KO/GE should give you an idea of how I am feeling about the market here. No way to justify mega-cap names trading at 18X-20X with growth being in the low-single digits. Ex-cash, dividends, buybacks and debt you are left with a P/E/G ratio near 2.5 when in my opinion 2.0 is expensive. There are hundreds of names I could have put Sell recommendations out on but these three jumped out at me as being over-valued in particular among the mega-caps (which are lower beta and less risky to short or hedge with). A year ago, when the S&P broke below 1400 people were selling these names at 12X-14X … and now they are being bought 18X-20X … fair value is somewhere in the middle (at best). In the Dow Jones there are now only seven names trading below 14X … 14 are trading > 17X and half of those are > 19X.
    Dec 3, 2013. 12:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Indicator Sounds Stock Market Warning Bell [View article]
    Do an internet search for Google VLMAP chart and you should see it ... may not be recent but you will get a feeling for it ... I think I saw a 1970-2010 VLMAP chart online recently
    Dec 3, 2013. 12:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look At YRC Worldwide's Notes To The Financials [View article]
    I have put out more than 400 recommendations since 2008 and have an audited # 1 ranking that no one can dispute. In my 17-page report on YRCW I made it clear that there was a 20%-30% chance it goes to zero. I owe no one an apology. My main gripe with the author was that his report was not balanced, he took a cheap shot at me and did not even see my track record and report. His initial comments were slanderous. He even admitted to a conflict of interests when disclosing his short position. I am a member of the Investorside Research Association and have no conflicts of interest. I will be on Bloomberg television next week in fact. Of my last 200 recommendations YRCW and APP are the only two names to go against me by > 40% (and the book is not yet closed on either of those positions). If the union agrees to concessions, the economy holds up and creditors change the debt repayment schedule (or a merger is made), this is a $50 stock and that is what I was betting would happen. It is a risk reward play. If risky names are not for you, then go into names like PFE and CSCO. As for your sarcastic comment ... it is comments like yours that turn these message boards into something a lot less and a lot lower quality than what they were intended to be.
    Nov 9, 2013. 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Kulicke & Soffa - Half Of The Market Cap In Cash [View article]
    Excuse us for not being perfect Blake ... should read -- two ideas were generated -- ... I am sure you have never made a mistake in your life.
    Oct 31, 2013. 07:27 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: Lock In Gains On This Overvalued Name [View article]
    Atkins -- It is not easy to pick a top on AMZN or any high flying name ... people have been trying for ten years to short Amazon ... that being ... said a rising tide lifts all boats and the market is a bit stretched right now. If you are over-weight discretionary and want to hedge; this is a good one right here. As always ... I recommend against allocating more than 3.0% to any one name on the short or long side. You could short 1.5% here ... and a bit more at $400 and $450 if it goes against you ... sooner or later it will break down and wipe out the entire gain since it broke above $250 in May 2013.
    Oct 29, 2013. 06:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amazon: Lock In Gains On This Overvalued Name [View article]
    215034 ... that is exactly my point ... even if AMZN and the sheep (analysts) hit the aggressive estimates and forecasts, the shares are still overvalued ... if they have a bad quarter ... especially a bad Q4 in 2013, 2014 or 2015, the shares will lose a third of their value.
    Oct 29, 2013. 10:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment