This user currently has no profile.
With 46 years in the investment industry and as a CFA Charterholder, I have founded a very successful Canadian investment management firm, Sceptre Investment Counsel, been the Director of Investment Research at Merrill Lynch Canada, and built and managed my current research firm, Strategic Analysis Corporation. SAC applies the theoretical discoveries, termed Accounting Dynamics, of the late Dr. Verne Atrill to the capital markets, as well as currency and sovereign solvency analysis. I appear regularly on business television and perhaps I am best known across Canada for my forecast that Nortel Networks would suffer a massive price collapse in June of 2000.
- Description: Independent / boutique research firm analyst. Trading frequency: Daily
- Interests: Bonds, Commodities, Dividend stock ideas & income, ETFs, Energy stocks, Forex, Gold, Options, Stocks - long, Stocks - short, Tech stocks
Strategic Analysis Corporation The analysis used by my company was developed by the late Dr. Verne Atrill. Termed 'Accounting Dynamics', it is a mathematical blend of accounting and economics which identifies a form and structure both to balance sheets (structural solvency) and the way that prices are formed in the stock market (structural ...More
pricing) which makes forecasting much easier than has generally been assumed. The theoretical background effectively dismisses such currently accepted lore as the Miller/Modigliani Theorem, the efficient market hypothesis, and the random walk theory. SAC provides its stock market analysis for the Dow 30, S&P 500, NDX 100, and the TSX, in a clear graphic format. These charts show historical valuations (prices) in price/book terms for up to 25 years if available, the intrinsic value of the company, support and resistance points for traders (and investors), quality of the balance sheet, trend of analysts earnings forecasts, as well as all of the standard tradtional measures of value - all of the basic data required to make an informed decision about stock purchases and sales. A summary of our valuation process, The One Minute Analyst, can be downloaded from our website.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
Latest Comments more »
- I would be very careful abo... on Could IBM Be A Value Investor's Dream?
- Generally, I like to see co... on Could IBM Be A Value Investor's Dream?
- An interesting discussion a... on Can Apple Burst The Netflix Bubble?
- A lot of "ifs" in... on India Is The Next Growth Opportunity For Apple
- Without being overly critic... on GLD - Expect A $5 Move This Week, But What Abou...