Rougemont

View Rougemont's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Rougemont's Stock Trade of the Week: CEDC [View article]
    I just added more CEDC at $10.09 this morning.
    Apr 14, 2011. 10:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rougemont's Stock Trade of the Week: CEDC [View article]
    Value, Sounds like what a short would post. Why would you go out of your way to attempt to post information the sole purpose of which seems to be to frighten buyers away unless you were short?

Those risk factors are overblown and more than priced into the stock. The debt has been manageable for a long time now. Do you think insiders that just doubled their stake in CEDC or Citigroup who has a $17 price target on this stock is unaware of the risks this and EVERY business has?

I just bought another round at $10.35
    Apr 13, 2011. 02:54 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Dirt Cheap Plays on Energy [View article]
    JANGEL,

CAK is up over 50% today. While you bashed me and CAK, others just made loads of money.

I hope you learn the value of humilty before you make any future posts.
    Apr 13, 2011. 12:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rougemont's Stock Trade of the Week: CEDC [View article]
    Thanks, Shivy!

I just bought more this morning at $10.49.
    Apr 13, 2011. 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Opportunities in Tech and Energy Stocks [View article]
    Rpsmith, Call is looking great and the energy stocks are down hard across the board. Goldman Sachs turned bearish on oil today and it is dropping hard now.

Very happy I sold!
    Apr 11, 2011. 03:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Institutional Buying Could Create Big Gains in These Solar Stocks [View article]
    Natty-Thanks for the info on SOL!
    Apr 9, 2011. 02:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nolaig,

Very good point, Peng does own a huge amount here. That means individuals and institutions will have to fight over the remaining shares. If institutional ownership went from about 18% to even 30%, you can imagine what that could do for the share price. The institutional ownership is way too low in LDK (and JKS, etc), at some point in the future, I expect they will want a bigger piece of the LDK pie. Individual investors are likely to pay much more for these shares in the future, once the big institutions take a more significant ownership stake here.
    Apr 9, 2011. 02:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Selling Oil Stocks [View article]
    For NOV, I should have added "service and supply" to oil and gas. However, that doesn't change the valuation, which is what the article is about.
    Apr 7, 2011. 11:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Selling Oil Stocks [View article]
    RRC does have some oil exposure, but oil is not the primary focus. Of course there are other metrics for valuing energy companies but PE ratio is still relevant in most cases as one of many valuation methods.
    Apr 7, 2011. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Selling Oil Stocks [View article]
    psmith, why don't you do something constructive and say why you think this article is awful instead of your one liners that are meaningless?

Almost all of these stocks dropped significantly, and in fact energy stocks where the worst performing sector yesterday, is it so awful to be right?

I encourage you to write also so that people can leave empty, mindless, meaningless and negative remarks to you as well.
    Apr 7, 2011. 11:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Value Investors Should Avoid Energy Investments [View article]
    Saj is right, the energy sector does not offer the best value in the stock market right now. I have been big on oil for the past couple years, but I am selling and rotating into sectors that offer much better valuations.
    Apr 6, 2011. 05:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Selling Oil Stocks [View article]
    Moon,

Great points, thanks for your comments.

Rougemont
    Apr 6, 2011. 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Selling Oil Stocks [View article]
    Krystofo,

Thanks for your comments.

I agree the dollar is playing a part in the high oil prices and I could have discussed that although my main issue is that these names are overpriced regardless of whether oil goes up or down a bit more.

As for RSI, it is typically based on the last 14 days. You can read more about it here: stockcharts.com/help/d...
    Apr 6, 2011. 12:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Selling Oil Stocks [View article]
    That has been considered. If that happens, I believe oil will collapse under it's own weight through demand destruction.

What some are missing is that the worst thing for oil is for it to go too high because our economy cannot handle sustained high levels at this point. We all saw what happened when the global economy contracted after 2008, oil went back to about $40. I am not saying that will happen now, but we certainly could see oil dip back under $100.

The best thing for oil stocks is a stable oil price around $100, not all this speculation and volatility which creates fear and uncertainty for businesses and consumers who can quickly go back into their bunkers is they have to pay $4.50 or more per gallon.

Regardless of oil, these energy names are overvalued in my opinion. People should be buying Merck for $33 with about a 5% dividend yield and MRK earns more per share than many of these companies, while being priced at half or less than some of these energy stocks. It is time to rotate out of these names.
    Apr 6, 2011. 12:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Selling Oil Stocks [View article]
    I don't typically short stocks, but it is a nice day to be short RRC as it is now down $1.34. Others mentioned here are also down hard today:

NOV down $1.66