Roy Manning III

View Roy Manning III's Comments BY TICKER:
  • CareFusion Corporation's Recent Takeovers And Partnerships Promise A 20% Rise In Price [View article]
    Thanks Tippydog. I plan to write some more articles soon. I hope to publish 1 or 2 a month. Its nice to be right. My later article on Quest Diagnostics surged about 10% right after I published. I try to find interesting stocks that have the chance to surge in the next few months.
    Oct 6 12:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullard sees first rate hike in less than a year [View news story]
    If you believe him you should invest in TBT bond short fund.
    Apr 2 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plosser expects 300 basis point rate hike cycle [View news story]
    I'm invested in TBT which is a short bond fund. If they raise rates to 3% I could make a tidy profit. The fund is near lows so it could be a good deal if you're willing to wait a year or two. Good luck to all investors.
    Mar 25 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quest Diagnostics Has An Improved Outlook After Summit Health Acquisition And $600 Million Refinancing [View article]
    Hello Momintn,

The 2%-4% Revenue growth is just from the Solstas acquisition. The 2%-4% revenue growth was calculated as of March 10th and then the Summit Health acquisition was agreed upon on March 11, 2014. Long term they think the Solstas acquisition will give them 5% revenue growth. So the Summit Health acquisition should give even more revenue growth which was why the market jumped nearly 3% on March 11, 2014.

I hope that's helpful,
    Roy Manning III
    Mar 13 04:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi dshelton,
    I did not go to business school so perhaps I say things the wrong way. I studied Pre-Med then transferred to UW-Madison and studied economics and development planning. Earnings are improving which could lead to a rally in the stock. The P/E will probably improve and then the price of the stock will be bid up. I hope you can understand this logic.
    Mar 10 11:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lennar Corporation: The Spring Rally Is Here [View article]
    Hello Chuckie3,

You make a good point but I would rather have $30 a month over the lifetime of a mortgage then have to pay $30 extra. You do make a good point that it is not a significant amount of money- perhaps I got carried away because I lost some money in short bond ETFs.
    Feb 24 03:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sierra Metals Is Set To Double In 2014 [View article]
    Tried to buy the stock in USAA brokerage and Scottrade. Both companies said it was a grey sheet stock and not available to be bought. I just wanted a few hundred dollars worth but I was unable to purchase it. Silver has been showing a lot of strength lately compared to Gold so I thought I could buy some especially since its trading nears its low of the year because of precious metals prices. If anybody knows how to purchase the stock please let me know.
    Dec 29 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Taper Tantrum 2? [View article]
    I think we will see a delay. I'm invested in TBT for the next 6 months or so. September seems kind of early for the first taper. I think it will happen in November or so. This will give people more time to get used to the idea that the Fed. is cutting its bond purchases. Right now the Fed. is forcing bond rates lower with its huge purchases. Once rates float free I think we will see a 10 year bond of about 3.5%. I am not an economist just a speculator.
    Aug 14 09:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wall Street Journal Economists' Forecasts For 10-Year Yields And The Fed Funds Rate [View article]
    Thanks for the survey data. It's very interesting.
    Aug 14 08:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Leveraged ETFs For A September Taper [View article]
    I think the Federal Reserve may push the taper back to December or so. I am invested in TBT so I would love a September taper but we should not take it for granted. If the economy slows and does not pick up the way the Fed. expects then a December taper becomes a possibility. I hope your predictions are right but I am willing to wait a few extra months for the taper if necessary.
    Aug 11 07:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Risk Of Using Equities As A Rising Rate Hedge [View article]
    Many people have a high percentage on their wealth in long term bonds. They could get hurt if rates go higher or they could profit if rates go back down. Long-term rates have averaged higher then they are now and the Fed. has over 3 trillion in bonds that they will eventually have to sell off. I choose to be in TBT because I think we will see some inflation or Fed tapering in the next few years.
    Aug 8 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Treasurys gain ground after jobless claims [View news story]
    With all the numbers coming in weak for jobs - could this push the Fed's taper back to December instead of September. I have a large position in TBT so I am patiently waiting for the taper.
    Aug 8 10:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Reason To Sell Municipal Bonds [View article]
    Consider hedging some of your bonds with the TBT double short fund. You will only have to hedge for a few months while the Fed tapers. This could save you a lot of money and the risk of bond rates going lower is small so your risk in TBT is minimal.
    Aug 7 03:00 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Risk Of Using Equities As A Rising Rate Hedge [View article]
    I am 100% TBT right now. I know its kind of aggressive but rates could really jump over the next year. If the economy does well and the Fed tapers then I could see the 10 year at 4%.
    Aug 7 02:49 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Fifth Street Finance Corp.'s Upcoming Fiscal Q3 2013 Income Statement Projection (Part 1) [View article]
    I just started investing in BDCs and am interested in any advice you could offer. I have allocated over 20% of this portfolio for FSC. I like the performance, monthly payments, and decent size of the company.

sincerely,