Roy Manning III

View Roy Manning III's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Synthetic Biologics Wants An Antibiotic Monopoly [View article]
    An excellent write up on SYN. We have been hearing a lot about the stage 2a trial and you provided a much needed update. On to the quarterly statement and update from SYN. Also should be getting a new Trimesta partnership any week now.
    Jun 25, 2015. 10:24 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Concert Pharmaceuticals: The Deuterated Drug Platform, A Profitable Way To Reinvent The Wheel [View article]
    CNCE can use drugs that patents have expired so even if companies protect themselves against these drug modifications there will be many drugs that can still be modified. Investing in CNCE is really like investing in a high tech generic drug company. I will invest some money in CNCE within the next week. Thanks for the article - I had never heard of the company before.
    Apr 20, 2015. 06:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Forces That Will Drive U.S. Yields Much Closer To Those In Germany (Hint - German 10-Year Bunds Yield .18%) [View article]
    The Fed may well raise rates. They have promised us higher rates later on this year. Japanese rates probably will not effect the Fed decision. There are plenty of high yielding US stocks that provide an alternative to investing in bonds.
    Apr 6, 2015. 01:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarin's China Deal Saves Its Reduce-IT Trial [View article]
    China is just the beginning. They will get Japan and Europe. India and the rest of Asian is bound to follow next. How they attack Europe should be interesting - they might just hire a marketing firm for a double digit percentage and do it themselves or they could get a huge sum upfront and a high percentage similar to the China deal. What ever they do realize that China is just the beginning. I am buying AMRN on Monday. The China deal has convinced me that there is no downside risk to owning AMRN.
    Feb 28, 2015. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • June rate hike chorus grows louder [View news story]
    I own 8 TBT calls and just starting to see a positive trend. Imagine if they raise rates in June - I will be looking at green profits. You can still get $50 dollar strike price expiration Jan 17 calls at very cheap prices. Best of luck to other Fed. followers out there.
    Feb 16, 2015. 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • U.S. rig count plunges another 90 units in ninth straight weekly loss [View news story]
    Many investments are oil related. AAL saving $5 billion in 2015 in fuel savings and Carnival Cruise Lines getting savings. Oil at $65 or so will be a big surprise to all these companies. Oil back at $80 will be an even bigger surprise. Many of the producers in North Dakota are only getting $34 dollar a barrel on oil. They are going to need a substantial hike in oil price to be profitable again. I would like to see $65 dollar oil so everyone is happy.
    Jan 31, 2015. 12:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T's Comfy Status Quo Threatened By Google's Entry Into Wireless [View article]
    Sprint and T-Mobile are cutting costs dramatically. Eventually you will have to consider a $50 phone with more data from Sprint. Sprint has 2 towers in my town so I get excellent coverage. Don't know what impact GOOG will have. I think T and VZ are going to have to cut their rates soon or risk losing market share.
    Jan 24, 2015. 12:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2015 Will Be A Good Year For FedEx [View article]
    I think you will get a lot more than a 5% increase in price. UPS is making new highs and FDX will follow. Low oil prices help a lot - they have to run planes and delivery trucks. Oil prices and wage prices are their major costs. I would not be surprised if they jumped 20% in 2015.
    Jan 23, 2015. 01:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Best Idea For 2015 - American Airlines [View article]
    Hi seeker2. Jet Blue has 700 flights a day. Other discount Airlines have similar numbers. The small carriers can force a price war.
    Jan 22, 2015. 11:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Best Idea For 2015 - American Airlines [View article]
    I have made a lot of money in Airlines because of the oil related sell-off. I started with Southwest and then bought some FedEx. Delta Airlines was also profitable.

However I see signs of the smaller airlines offering discounted flights. Jet Blue is now offering its new $32 fun fares to warmer climates for New Yorkers. Other Airlines will follow their example and start a price war. Air fares are going to come down. People will demand cheaper fares with their feet. The discount Airlines are going to force a price war.

Its cheaper to drive now and I think it will be cheaper to fly soon. Lower oil costs will force this until the Saudis slow down their pumping of dirt cheap oil.
    Jan 22, 2015. 12:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • CareFusion Corporation's Recent Takeovers And Partnerships Promise A 20% Rise In Price [View article]
    Thanks Tippydog. I plan to write some more articles soon. I hope to publish 1 or 2 a month. Its nice to be right. My later article on Quest Diagnostics surged about 10% right after I published. I try to find interesting stocks that have the chance to surge in the next few months.
    Oct 6, 2014. 12:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bullard sees first rate hike in less than a year [View news story]
    If you believe him you should invest in TBT bond short fund.
    Apr 2, 2014. 04:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plosser expects 300 basis point rate hike cycle [View news story]
    I'm invested in TBT which is a short bond fund. If they raise rates to 3% I could make a tidy profit. The fund is near lows so it could be a good deal if you're willing to wait a year or two. Good luck to all investors.
    Mar 25, 2014. 04:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quest Diagnostics Has An Improved Outlook After Summit Health Acquisition And $600 Million Refinancing [View article]
    Hello Momintn,

The 2%-4% Revenue growth is just from the Solstas acquisition. The 2%-4% revenue growth was calculated as of March 10th and then the Summit Health acquisition was agreed upon on March 11, 2014. Long term they think the Solstas acquisition will give them 5% revenue growth. So the Summit Health acquisition should give even more revenue growth which was why the market jumped nearly 3% on March 11, 2014.

I hope that's helpful,
    Roy Manning III
    Mar 13, 2014. 04:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi dshelton,
    I did not go to business school so perhaps I say things the wrong way. I studied Pre-Med then transferred to UW-Madison and studied economics and development planning. Earnings are improving which could lead to a rally in the stock. The P/E will probably improve and then the price of the stock will be bid up. I hope you can understand this logic.
    Mar 10, 2014. 11:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment