Rubicon Associates

View Rubicon Associates' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    Classic! resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
    Mar 21 05:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    Two things: 1. I am glad someone else seems peeved about the pillage of Alienware when it was assimilated into the white box known as Dell, and 2. Apple is a combination of success via its own innovation and success by the failure of others in the industry to get it.
    Mar 21 01:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    Unfortunately, I have no position in the stock. This, when coupled with my family's need for iAnything (I use a droid), severely limit my enjoyment.
    Mar 21 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    Coopster, Thanks for reading and commenting. AAPL is out of my normal orbit, but I couldn't help but comment on the "reality" of their $45 billion cash use. May the schwartz be with you! Mike
    Mar 20 11:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    As I said in an earlier reply "I like Apple, but on my planet the Law of Corporate Growth still holds and I have heard about trillion dollar companies before (think CSCO)." I have seen the rise and fall of the "new paradigm" a couple of times a would not have the audacity to set out a thesis based on it. My hubris? Honestly, I didn't see that in what I wrote or it would have been followed by a disclosure stating I was long AAPL. Thanks for reading.
    Mar 20 01:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    And so, having ruffled the feathers of the physicist community, your humble author began to pen his next piece entitled "Apple, The iPod delusion and the Origin of the Species" with an introduction by the inventor of the internet, Al Gore.
    Mar 20 12:35 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    33, I was not offended in the least, and honestly, blunt I understand (obviously unlike physics - damn finance degree!). I appreciate all the comments as they mean people read the article. Seriously, as an analyst I am used to being corrected when I am off base and use all comments as a learning experience. It is all good, thanks for reading and taking the time to comment I really do appreciate it.
    Mar 19 10:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    Moon Kil Woong, Thanks for not assailing the use of a physics term and analogy, I appreciate it. As well, I love the MSFT analogy. That said, thanks for the input into the reason for the article, namely the reality of the changes to the company's use of cash flow and the resultant impact. Thanks for reading and commenting. Mike
    Mar 19 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    sigh, never using a physics term again as it seems to detract from the meaning and purpose of the article. I guess the markets really aren't rocket science.
    Mar 19 09:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    Does no one get sarcasm? I like Apple, but on my planet the Law of Corporate Growth still holds and I have heard about trillion dollar companies before (think CSCO). Serious folks, I didn't think the sarcasm was that subtle.
    Mar 19 08:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Hyperbolic Orbit And Newton's Laws Of Gravity [View article]
    Perhaps I shouldn't have used a science analogy as it clearly detracted from the meaning of the article, which was that the reaction to the event was somewhat overdone as the dividend/buyback only helps slow the net increase in cash. Thanks for reading, commenting and the science clarification.
    Mar 19 06:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: When The Music Stops [View article]
    RS - I don't think your point can get slammed. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can continue to increase the way AAPL has. The alternative is unthinkable. I also remember when CSCO was going to be a trillion dollar company. Nothing goes up forever, it just isn't possible. Good argument and ability to enunciate the coming reality.
    Mar 13 09:54 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Too Far Too Fast (Part 2) [View article]
    RS - "enhance" your experience, you have a way with words - not to mention great articles where you put your money where your mouth is! Keep it up, great stuff.
    Mar 7 10:35 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment