View as an RSS Feed
View Rupert Hargreaves' Articles BY TICKER:
Investors Should Be Wary Of Write-Downs In The Offshore Drilling Sector
- The offshore drilling industry is going through a turbulent time.
- Ensco has started to write-down the value of its drilling units.
- Further write-downs could follow.
Carriage Services, Inc. Well-Managed, Ultra-Long Term Death Care Investment
- Carriage Services operates within the ultra-defensive death care sector.
- The company is growing steadily and improving all metrics.
- Management are focused on the long-term and sustainable growth.
Your Guide To Transocean Ltd.: Is The Company Really A Value Play?
- Transocean is cheap, and at first glance, the shares look to be a good value.
- The company will suffer from a number of pressures currently affecting the offshore drilling market.
- Transocean is well-placed to outrun the slowdown, but it won't be easy.
Why Rowan Companies Plc's Earnings Will Surge Higher And Dividends Will Follow
- The delivery of Rowan's new drillships will send earnings higher.
- Significant free cash flow is expected from 2015 onwards.
- Dividends and stock repurchases should follow.
These Offshore Drillers Will Struggle Over The Next Few Years
- Not all offshore drillers are the same.
- Drillers with a large jackup fleet will suffer over the next few years.
- Ultra-deep water drilling capabilities will remain in demand.
Stanley Furniture Co.'s Turnaround Reaches Inflection Point
- Stanley's turnaround has reached a key point.
- The closure of the Young America facilities will show though over the next two quarters.
- Cash balance remains strong and book value is 23% above current levels.
The Reynolds American - Lorillard Deal Is Threatened By The FDA
- The Reynolds - Lorillard deal is not done yet and there are still threats ahead.
- The FDA is considering regulating menthol cigarettes, which would hit the new, larger Reynolds hard.
- Debt and anti-trust issues are also a concern.
Altria's Holding In SAB Is Worth More Than You Think
- Despite Altria's size and recent gains there is further value to fund in the company's SABMiller Holding.
- SABMiller could be on the verge of a game-changing transaction.
- Altria could benefit from a huge payoff or income boost.
Mandalay Resources Corp; One Of The Market's Most Efficient And Undervalued Miners
- Mandalay has a strategy for growth and past performance has shown it can stick to targets.
- The company is ramping up low cost production over the next few years.
- Mandalay is growing through the acquisition of undervalued assets and the company has a net cash balance.
- Management is concentrating on shareholder returns.
- Considering Mandalay's past performance and scope for growth the company is significance undervalued compared to peers.
- Natuzzi; A Good Brand Ready To Make A Comeback
- Atlantic Power: Debt And A High Cost Of Capital Continue To Pressure The Dividend Payout.
- Career Education: Trading Below Implied Cash Balance But Cash Burn An Issue
- Asanko Gold Is A High-Risk Deep Value Play With Many Short-Term Risks
- Big Oil Is Suffering From Falling Returns But Valuations Are Now Attractive
- The Female Health Company: A Defensive Company With Plenty Of Cash
- These 6 Companies Cannot Support Their Dividends
- Tobacco Companies Could Be Due For A Correction
- The Brent-WTI Price Differential Continues To Contract But How Are Refiners Reacting?
- The Investment Case For Cisco In 6 Charts And 1 Table
- The Investment Case For Lorillard In 6 Charts
- Would Benjamin Graham Like HollyFrontier?
- A Quick Look At The Financial Situation Of Altria
- A Quick Look At Cisco Systems' Finances
- A Quick Look At Philip Morris' Finances
- The Investment Case For IBM In 8 Simple Charts And A Table
- 4 REITs To Consider And 4 To Avoid
- A Quick Look At National Oilwell Varco's Finances
- A Quick Look At Intel's Financial Position
- Can These Utility Stocks Sustain Their Dividend Yields?
- mREIT Financing And Declining Interest Rate Spreads
- Do High P/Es Indicate Future Outperformance Or Underperformance?
- Can These High-Yielding Stocks Support Their Dividends?