Russell Gold

View Russell Gold's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Clipping Groupon, Stock Option Trader Nets 100% Coupon [View article]
    You guys might also want to check out (CRM). Salesforce.com looks like a great opportunity to either go long put or use a strangle ahead of earnings.
    Aug 15 05:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Isn't Equipped To Compete In The Smartphone And Tablet Market [View instapost]
    Hey Vash

...."on my experience (primarily in India), the average consumer is much more tech savvy than your average American...."

~ Not even going to touch on that statement. I've seen the photos of tens of thousands individuals standing outside to be the first iPhone purchaser. Brazil is the same. I suspect you are correct about India.

As far the iPad mini, it's the price that matters. It is rumored the price for the mini is $249. That's going to compete with the Kindle and the Nook this Christmas.. The Mini is going to do very well in the US and around the world.

You are right about the Cloud... still uncertain who will take this market.

"Apple thrived this long on exclusivity and that advantage is all but disappearing."
    It just depends Vash. If you like Apple's operating system, you'll use Apple products. If you think the Android is for geeks, you'll use the iPhone. That's the way I see it. Not just a fad, it's about being the most popular. Apple is hands down the most popular gadget maker in the world.
    Aug 15 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Clipping Groupon, Stock Option Trader Nets 100% Coupon [View article]
    The article has been promptly corrected by the Seeking Alpha editors. It was my fault, I was utilizing a previous related article (Long Call, Grand Slam) and entered the incorrect contract numbers.

I should remind readers that the long put strategy with short dated options is high risk. Long Put trading is comparable to short selling a stock, it is more advantageous to bet against a stock by purchasing put options as the trader does not have to borrow (on margin) the stock to short. Furthermore, the risk is calumniated by the premium paid for the put options, which is contrary to unlimited risk when short selling the underlying stock outright.

Put options have a limited lifetime. If the stock price does not move below the strike price before the option expiration date, the put option will expire worthless.

Hope this helps
    Sorry for the inconvenience

Russell
    Aug 15 12:38 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clipping Groupon, Stock Option Trader Nets 100% Coupon [View article]
    Thanks for the heads up farolito. I submitted the errors to the editors team. They should make the changes in a few minutes

Russell
    Aug 15 10:25 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clipping Groupon, Stock Option Trader Nets 100% Coupon [View article]
    Maybe the amount was too large. I'm not sure why the article was corrected, but now it is full of errors. Not my fault
    Aug 15 10:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clipping Groupon, Stock Option Trader Nets 100% Coupon [View article]
    That's interesting when I posted this article I put 100 contracts, not 1
    Aug 15 09:48 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clipping Groupon, Stock Option Trader Nets 100% Coupon [View article]
    That was ricky trade and it sure did pay off. Thanks for the insightful tip.
    Aug 15 08:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "For one thing, iPhones have saturated the market to their upper limits, in my opinion. The only way to continue making money from them is with newer versions. This has worked so far, but how long will it continue?"
    Apple hasn't even come close to taping the emerging market. China/Russia/Brazil/India I say they can increase iPhone sells 10 fold over the next 3 to 4 years. Cheaper iPhones will flood the emerging markets, while the more expensive iPhones 6 7 8 9 and so on we still be in a 400 to 800 price range.

The whole cycle starts again with the iPad mini.

The question is what's the iProduct?
    Apple cloud 29.95 a year, might pick some subs. Internet providers are cutting down on monthly MB usage. Cloud makes for a great place to store all your information/movies/music and everything else.

Conclusion.... Apple has a long way to go before we can start cutting them down.
    Aug 15 12:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trade Idea: Digging In For An Easy Options Trade [View article]
    "pullback to happen around August 20th"

That's interesting Suz. I played around with Fib charts for many years didn't always work out very well. I focus more on calendar dates. The big date everyone seems to have there eyes on, is the Jackson Hole Bankers meeting at the end of the month. Last election cycle Bernanke announced QE2, and I think everyone is anticipating QE3 at this meeting.
    If we don't get it I suspect a sell off a few day's before... so end of August is my 40 to 60 point adjustment in the S&P. Which is close to yours.

Thanks for reply and insight.
    Russell
    Aug 14 11:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tuesday Edition – The BBC – August 14, 2012 [View instapost]
    "It is my opinion that the BBC is by far the best source for accurate information. I said "accurate" information. The U.S. media, in my opinion, is worthless."

I concur Steve. Entertainment comes first here in the U.S., news is maybe secondary.
    Aug 14 11:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10%+ Yields From Annaly And Its Affiliates [View article]
    I've been checking these REIT's out. Not bad. Most of the dividends as you point out are 10%+, some as high as 15%.

Thanks for the heads up on CreXus Investment Corporation. Looks like some solid fundamentals.

Russell
    Aug 14 02:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trade Idea: Digging In For An Easy Options Trade [View article]
    "Because the overall market is hesitating at a probable top SPY 1407, we want to choose options strikes that should not really be affected by the correction, which I anticipate being 30-50 points overall."

Suz
    I agree with the your statement about the overall market hesitating at a probable top SPY 1407. However, when do you expect the market to correct?

Russell
    Aug 14 02:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Hedge Funds Reduce Europe Shorts: A Look At Europe ETFs [View article]
    "Shorts needing to cover in a rally, and perhaps temporarily strengthening a rally..."

That's why I'm thinking. Shorts are getting squeezed + margin calls. This could strengthen the markets for the awhile.

Thanks for the heads up StopAlerts.
    Aug 13 01:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Facebook Ahead Of Earnings [View article]
    I'm going to recap the (FB)/(AMZN) trades with an article. Some individuals disagree with buying options prior to earnings. However, in my years of investing. The best time to attempt option strategies is before earnings or significant events; where you're are unsure of the outcome --and-- you know the outcome will create volatility, you use strangles and straddles.

So cheap is not really what's relevant, what's relevant is the outcome creating “reflexivity”.
    Aug 12 10:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weekly Gold And Silver Report For August 10, 2012: I Hear The War Drums Beating! [View article]
    Patrick

Lets discuss your chart.
    I have been tracking (GLD) and (SLV) chart for some time. You're right about the descending triangle, and we are near that critical point where gold and silver can either break higher or lower. As you pointed Gold is breaking, however I think that's a head fake. So we got another few weeks or month before it breaks. -and- I believe much lower. My target on GLD is $120 to $125.
    Aug 12 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment