Russell Gold

View Russell Gold's Comments BY TICKER:
  • After The Ex-Dividend, Your Payment Date [View article]
    Hey how you doing? I'm from Minnesota and I know a few things about Hickory Tech, however with this question I'm not 100% sure if it is the transaction date or payment date that you will have your shares priced at. With the payment date being nearly a month a way, I would think the new shares would be priced on the payment date.
    I would call Wells Fargo to make sure, they are handling the DRIPs for (HTCO).

... If you need additional information, please feel free to contact Wells Fargo Bank at 1-800-468-9716.
    Aug 11, 2012. 04:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Option Strategy: Long Strangle [View article]
    Did you keep the straddle going?
    Aug 10, 2012. 04:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • History In The Making [View article]
    Your article got my attention.
    That's funny, I do the same. Readership looks to be growing this quarter. These archived articles make great residual income, especially with my little secrets ; )
    Forget bit coins, "Information is the new dividend" ..12,800 pv's not bad
    Aug 9, 2012. 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Facebook Ahead Of Earnings [View article]
    @Chris
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll add some more ideas later on
    Aug 9, 2012. 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Earnings Recap: Should Have Bet The FarmVille [View article]
    Hi Greg
    Have you tried any other option strategies?
    Aug 9, 2012. 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stockpile Drawdown Signals Strong Coal Rebound [View article]
    Mark

What is (JRCC) Share Outstanding Count? Didn't they dilute shareholders since the $60 peak.
    Aug 9, 2012. 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Dividend, Last Call [View article]
    I know, I read the article. On Bing news search they've attached the picture with my article.
    Aug 9, 2012. 08:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Dividend, Last Call [View article]
    @Hero_of_Canton
    Glad I could help

Thanks for the comment
    Russell
    Aug 9, 2012. 08:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • When Do We Buy The Swiss Franc? [View article]
    "The euro versus the U.S. dollar was a very popular short and has been due for a rally. While there was some short covering in the euro, and because of the Swiss National Bank peg, related short covering in the Swiss Franc, much of the weakness in the USD was caused by selling against purchases of the commodity currencies."

Thanks for the heads up. Short squeeze soon for those Euro Bears.
    Aug 8, 2012. 10:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • We're Concerned About James River's Liquidity [View article]
    You're right. Much of that is baked in the stock prices. It wouldn't surprise me if (JRCC) gets a major whiff of a Short Squeeze.

Good for a strangle. I think I found something to write about.
    Thanks papayamon
    Aug 8, 2012. 09:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Dividend, Last Call [View article]
    股息苹果2.65美元..http://seekingalpha.co...
    Aug 8, 2012. 09:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • We're Concerned About James River's Liquidity [View article]
    Ah,aHAHA That's funny!! That made me laugh....
    "dude",but really where is the stock headed in 12 months; BK or not? I'm determining to gobble up some .50 puts in a few weeks.
    Aug 8, 2012. 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • History In The Making [View article]
    Hi George
    Just curious, how many hits did your article earn thus far?

I ran another Apple Dividend article "Apple Dividend, Last Call"... It did really well. http://seekingalpha.co...

Thanks in advance
    Russell
    Aug 8, 2012. 08:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons To Be Concerned About The Fiscal Cliff [View article]
    Thanks Russ Koesterich

I was looking for something on the topic of the upcoming Fiscal Cliff and I found your article. It was a good read/especially timing.

If you do not mind I'm going to link the article in with one I'm working on.

Thanks
    Russell Gold
    Aug 8, 2012. 07:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Dividend, Last Call [View article]
    @KenNagle

Dividends are priced in option premiums under the widely used "Black Scholes" pricing formula.
    There is only one cited work on the web that demonstrates how dividend are priced in options. Can you believe that? I tried to write an article on that subject, too lengthy and complicated to describe readers. However, I'll keep on it. Maybe have it finished before the next Apple dividend.

Thanks for the input and head pounding reminder.
    Russell