Russell Gold

View Russell Gold's Comments BY TICKER:
  • How Ex-Dividend Dates Work [View article]
    Dividend is difficult vocabulary. Timing trades around these dates is confusing as well. Thanks for the comment
    Aug 6 08:28 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Zynga Earnings Recap: Should Have Bet The FarmVille [View article]
    You're welcome Chris
    Aug 6 08:26 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Amazon Before Earnings [View article]
    I'll admit AMZN hypothetical trade is not going so well , however, a more recent (FB) trade went over a lot $ better (big returns)...http://bit.ly/NCsRGQ
    Aug 6 08:23 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wozniak Spreads Apple iCloud FUD [View article]
    good one
    Aug 6 08:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Blood In The Streets: Spain, Part 4 [View article]
    Shorting (AMZN)... interesting
    Aug 6 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • UUP: U.S. Dollar Long-Term Buy Of 2012 [View article]
    "... writers from Seeking Alpha, and many others agree that the outlook for the U.S. Dollar in the near term (next several quarters) is bullish. While there isn't any positive expectations for the U.S. economy or U.S. Dollar, there isn't any perceived extremely negative news. We are one news announcement away from a potential Euro collapse, if Greece decides to exit."

Must be bearish.
    Aug 6 08:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Strong Start For Crude [View article]
    Thanks for the reminder.

I haven't been looking at Platinum for awhile. Gold:Platinum price ratio looks favorable.
    Aug 6 08:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Don't Get Pulled Into A Seductive Pre-Earnings Options Trap [View article]
    I'll tell you what brnichols

I'm going to recap all my option trades after this months exp.

I have the feeling (FB) will be trading south of 19.00 afterwards.... I'm thinking I'll net close $20,000 (5 bagger) on that single put trade.
    Aug 6 07:19 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Today In Commodities: Strong Start For Crude [View article]
    "The dollar index held at the 82.00 but I view this as temporary with a target of 81.00 in the September contract. The easy money has been made in the commodity currencies so I would be looking for an exit door. For fresh entries long the Euro have stops just under the 20 day MA would be my suggesti. Shorts in the Yen should have stops just above the recent highs."

That would put UUP around $22
    Aug 6 06:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Are Dividend Stocks Becoming Overvalued? [View article]
    lol... coffee shops, libraries, restaurants .. just about anything I walk by. All I have to do is ask the store for the password and log-in
    Aug 6 06:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Best Buy Today [View article]
    That's what I was looking for.
    Aug 6 06:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Best Buy Today [View article]
    To be honest Richard Schulze is keeping the pig at flight before the hog gets slaughtered. He wants out.
    Aug 6 06:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Best Buy Today [View article]
    -and- I'm not disagreeing
    But..
    Why would someone want to take over BestBuy?
    Aug 6 06:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought Best Buy Today [View article]
    All good points. I guess I just keep on hearing old Best Buy repeating the excuse,.. "customers are coming in to only do research and leaving to go shop for products on Amazon, tax free". I mean that is the smart thing to do.
    Aug 6 05:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Short The S&P 500? [View article]
    Odds are against QE3.

I agree with all your points. I'm gunning on FED action in December prior to the Fiscal Cliff.

""...German consitutional court rules on September 12 on the ESM""

That's what I thought.