Ryan Canady

View Ryan Canady's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Qualcomm: A Bet On The Future [View article]
    I would agree with you. I think growth for a decade or more. Technology develops fast, and who knows what we will be using in ten years. I think it is a safe bet that the semiconductors that QCOM makes will need to be used in whatever handheld devices we are using for some time to come. This is not to mention that the rest of the world still has a long way to go to catch up when it comes to smartphone ownership. China, India, Africa, and yes even Europe are all reaching for more smartphone ownership.

Fun fact: Iphone ownership is seen as such a status symbol in China that there is an app made for those who do not own one that will automatically insert "Sent from my Iphone" at the end of their text messages to give others the impression that they own one.
    Aug 7 04:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm: A Bet On The Future [View article]
    I like the fact that QCOM gets to be the winner no matter which smartphone maker is crowned king in the end. All of the press will go to the winner of that battle, but you are right, QCOM is a winner no matter what.
    Aug 7 10:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Finally Ready To Roar Again [View article]
    Let me get back to you on that. I will need to research it. Thank you for alerting me to have a look at it.
    Aug 6 04:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Roasters: Is A Jolt Coming? [View article]
    I like the longer term trade on this name. Stock worth between $40-$60 a share in my opinion.
    Aug 6 02:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Despite Legal And China Concerns, Prospects Are Strong For SciClone Pharmaceuticals [View article]
    Thank you for highlighting this under the radar stock. I used to be a shareholder in it a few years ago. I bought in starting at $2.30 a share and moving up to about $2.75 a share. I was still in high school the time and didn't have much money, but my 1,200 shares eventually netted me some profit when I sold out at $4 a share. In retrospect I should have held on longer, but I was a high school kid who wanted/needed his money for college.

At any rate, thank you for writing about a great company and stock in such detail. It is still a wonderful value play at these levels in my opinion.
    Aug 6 02:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Bearish Case For Lululemon: Insiders Selling Hand Over Fist [View article]
    I have been screaming that LULU is a short in the articles I have written on it. They were often mocked or said to be missing the picture. The stock did rise from when I first published those articles, but it is finally starting to come back to earth now. The expensive yoga apparel business is only appealing for so long. Tastes change, and this stock has been seriously overvalued for a long time.

Thanks for pointing out the insider selling. These are the red flags folks.
    Aug 6 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Roasters: Short Sellers Get Squeezed As Company Guides Into 2013 [View article]
    I completely agree with this article. The short sellers are still screaming about a broken business and things of this nature. That was all fine and good when the stock was north of $100, I was with them. Now though, the company finally has become a value play, and it is worth investing in. I have flipped sides on this one and went on the record as such with my latest article on GMCR.

Nice article.
    Aug 6 02:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Finally Ready To Roar Again [View article]
    What is your opinion of the stock Day Trader001?
    Aug 6 02:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Problems At Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Are Brewing [View article]
    Thanks. I believe now is the time to take the other side of the coin on this one as I outline in my article (http://seekingalpha.co...)
    Aug 6 12:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Finally Ready To Roar Again [View article]
    I believe you will be in great shape to profit. The risk/reward ratio at this price level is very much in your favor in my opinion.
    Aug 4 02:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's Shareholders Need Not Worry About The $100 Price Barrier [View article]
    Exactly right. It is funny how certain price points play a psychological factor in investing when they really should have no meaning at all.
    Aug 4 10:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Finally Ready To Roar Again [View article]
    Valid point. However, the article calls for investors to weigh in lower numbers anyway.

If you go by $2.60 in earnings at a 15% growth rate, that would still project a fair value of $39 a share. Not as great as the $60 I think it could eventually be worth, but still a nice double up give or take.
    Aug 3 05:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Finally Ready To Roar Again [View article]
    Those were Yahoo Finance numbers.
    Aug 3 04:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Finally Ready To Roar Again [View article]
    I tend to try to write about stocks I don't hold positions in. I feel that writing about one's that I do would be a conflict of interest. Of course there would be disclosure, but it would still be an article that I do not feel would be as impartial.
    Aug 3 03:28 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Finally Ready To Roar Again [View article]
    May I ask what strike level and expiration your puts are. If you have been holding them for a while, then congrats you are probably well ahead at this point. However, if you purchased them recently I would be a little more worried.

The forward earnings and growth prospects would suggest $50-$60 a share conservatively. If the market completely falls off the earth then shorts might win in the short term on this one, but anyone looking at a time frame of 12 months or more is going to want to be long in my opinion.
    Aug 3 03:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment