View as an RSS Feed
Telematics To Revolutionize Insurance Industry
- Telematics is a nascent technology set for rapid global adoption.
- Telematics allows for more accurate pricing and lower losses across a better defined pool of policies.
- A few companies have built up expertise and an installed base ahead of this growth.
Don't Be Fooled, Utility Solar Will Trump Distributed
- Utility-scale solar has various permanent, structural cost advantages.
- While both distributed and utility-scale will flourish, these inherent cost advantages may cause higher growth for utility-scale projects.
- Some utilities stand to benefit, while slow-adopters will be disrupted.
Oil Prices To Rise, OPEC To Regain Relevancy
- The drastic fall in prices over the past three months has taken most observers by surprise.
- The market is now focused on possible supply cuts by OPEC members.
- Supply cuts from stretched U.S. producers should help balance the market, while OPEC’s ability to shift capacity is key.
Why Oil Prices Will Stop Falling
- The current price of oil is unsustainable in the face of reactionary supply/demand dynamics.
- At today's prices, various demand drivers are set to kick in.
- Additionally, numerous supply cuts can be expected with oil <$85.
- Schnitzer Steel: Competitive Advantages In A Commoditized Industry
- Opko Health: Highly Questionable Management Transactions And Valuation
- ROIC: Valuation Makes This REIT A Buy
- Is This Internet Bubble 2.0?
- ITT: Spinoff Opportunities
- Mindray and China Medical Worth Considering
- Molycorp's Valuation Just Doesn't Make Sense
- Why Whitney Tilson Is Wrong About Netflix
- Investing in Chinese Stocks: How to Avoid Fraud and Dilution
- Why Natural Gas Prices Will Finally Rebound - And How to Profit With ETFs
- Weekly Value Investing Ideas: Banco Santander and Hudson City Bancorp
- Weekly Value Investing Ideas: One Large Cap Defense Stock, Two Gaming Small Caps
- Searching for Value in China? Consider UTA
- 3 Chinese Growth Stocks in Value Territory
- Neutral Tandem: Growth and Value Converge
The Economist Book Series Review: Guide to Investment Strategy
Jul. 13, 2010 • Comment!
- Apple: Hedge to Rising Interest Rates
The Economist Book Series Review: 'Guide to Analysing Companies'
Nov. 15, 2009 • 2 Comments
- NTELOS: Strong Company with Superior Management
- Three Stocks for Any Portfolio
- Alt-A Mortgages: The New Subprime Meltdown?
- Using S&P Credit Ratings to Evaluate Your Investments
- 3 Dividend Stocks to Battle Inflation
- OceanFreight: Risky, But Deserving of Consideration
- 5 Reasons Why The Rally Won’t Last
- Three Stocks Way Below 52-Week Highs
- Altria: Value Play or Value Trap?
- Three Possible Causes of Yet Another Downturn