Ryan Pollack

View Ryan Pollack's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Advanced Cell Technology: Took A Hit Or Preparing To Throw A Knockout Blow? [View article]
    You're reading that comment wrong. To me its it holds more weight and its more professional to get a paper on these results, but its not guaranteed to happen, then there would be a press release instead.
    Apr 11 03:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • StemCells, Inc. And Advanced Cell Technology: The Race To Treat AMD [View article]
    Even the patients that have had no improvement none have gotten worse suggesting disease has been halted. Is that not positive as well?!
    Mar 14 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fantastic point! One needs to ask why STEM is using 1 million cells while ACTC started with 50000 cells? Answer is embryonic is more potent and last longer (if not forever). If both are approved the cost for STEM to maunfacture 1 million cells per patient as opposed to ACTC (50k to 200k per patient) would be much greater for STEM thus less profit margin and ACTC seems to have a handle of what their production cost would be and are encouraged by that number. Also needing attention that was also stated by sgottenyc was that STEM is trying to catch the disease early on, while it appears ACTC would be able to treat the disease at any stage plus SMD which is not part of STEM's clinical trials.

Finally look into their other programs. The article mentioned STEM going for spinal injuries. They should learn from Geron (I surely did!) Spinal injuries trials and follow ups could take a decade due to severe FDA scrutiny not to mention a very complex part of the human anatomy. Hopefully one day, but I doubt that day is in 2014 or 2015 or 2016. ACTC has the blood program in development, which in theory would only need to be able to create type O negative blood (I know this is oversimplification of science).

It would be my opinion that overall, even with the less than stellar money position and more outstanding shares, ACTC is positioned better.
    Mar 5 12:42 PM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Cell Technology: Look For A Breakthrough In 2014 [View article]
    I wouldn't see why not BTD couldn't be phase 1 if sufficient time lapses without side affects, you're getting efficacy in treating the disease, and there is no standard of care. SMD/AMD I believe meets all three of these. The no standard of care one is very important. Success here then ACTC becomes the standard of care as opposed to having to do better than existing treatments.
    Feb 27 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Correct this company does not need a reverse split. It will cure SMD/AMD and be successful or it won't and it will be bankruptcy. A reverse split is not needed for either. Based on phase 1 data thus far it's looking like the former so I don't want any reserve split and have voted such in the past. Us shareholders need to put pressure on management about that all the reverse split is going to do is take away maximum earning power for us if SMD/AMD is a success.
    Feb 22 05:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    College Degree

BS = Bullshit
    MS = More Shit
    PhD = Piled Higher and Deeper

And I have a grad degree myself. Always take "unnamed" sources from journalist and non-journalist alike with a grain of salt.
    Feb 20 12:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cisco: A Good Buy With Great Opportunities [View article]
    Uh oh a positive article on Cisco. Be prepared for a battleground in the comments section, my article was. But agree its a very cheap and reliable long-term hold. They're paying you nicely to wait.

Long CSCO
    Feb 18 12:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Dividend Growth Investors Have To Fear [View article]
    Now I'm sure its not everyone, but most DGI investors automatically sell the entire position on a divy cut and would redeploy that cash elsewhere. That may not realisitically have a big effect on the strategy if 1) those stocks are sold right away 2) the money is deployed better afterwards 3) they don't happen often to someone's portfolio.

I think 1 and 3 are pretty much set for most DGI, the question that would arise is 2. Are they actually deploying the money better to lessen or erase the setback.
    Feb 14 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Dividend Growth Investors Have To Fear [View article]
    Thanks for the detailed analysis of these scenarios, nice article! In regard to taxes that's the main reason why most of my investing is in a Roth IRA, now yes its possible the gov't can change the rules on us in the future, but you really can only invest based on the rules of today then adjust strategy if rules are changed. Therefore I would have to believe one can eliminate the taxes on withdrawals by using DGI and value investing in a Roth account. Its interesting that yes price matters (regardless of what strategy you follow you'd like to buy near bottoms), but that you'd want those price gains to be more steady over time instead of getting them too quickly. Obviously I get it if the price gains happen too fast your getting less shares thus less future dividends in the future, still found it interesting though.

I am mainly a DGI/value investor/long term investor but agree you might want a mix in your portfolio, especially if you are younger. Some positions you hope to hold for the full 35+ years and gain well and income stream that way. Some you find more undervalued than having dividend appeal, although may pay a dividend and hold 1-5 years. Where you could still reinvest a dividend to boost performance but sell out of it once it hits your price target, then use those funds to get more 35+ year holdings. And yet other positions might be more growth oriented with < 3 year horizon then sell, and you may still want a little speculation to hit that grand slam to boost gains in the short-term. That's my philosophy, but as I gain more money now from sales I am always looking to redeploy that money into the 35+ year DGI companies, mainly a way of getting a little bit more conservative slowly over time.

I guess we'll find out how our strategies worked in 10-30 years depending on our age now.
    Feb 14 01:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: High Yield/Low Volatility Look Attractive Here [View article]
    Agree Bret. Its a temporary decline in free cash flow that should add to free cash flow once the network is completed. UVerse has nice growth as well. Fear in a company like T doesn't happen too often which tells me start buying here seems like a good idea.

Long T
    Feb 10 09:25 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Newcastle Investment: Spin-Off Machine Providing A Triple Threat [View article]
    For starters they said 1-1 in all of their presentations. However, as it got closer to the day for filing there was a sense of a reverse split for it because they need the price at $5 or greater for NYSE listing requirements. So it seems like instead of issuing the shares 1 for 1 then reverse splitting that they just skipped those steps and opted for a ratio that would guarantee them the NYSE listing requirements. I'm still going to take the spinoff and give New Media a chance to perform and collect their dividend. My overall view hasn't changed on any of the 3 companies.
    Feb 3 01:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Just let me say my views haven't changed on any of the 3 stocks in this article. Just some disappointment on the (what basically amounts to a) 14-1 ratio, I personally would have liked to seen better than that.
    Jan 30 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Has to be at least $5 I think for NYSE listing requirements. Official price yet to be determine, or I haven't seen it yet.
    Jan 29 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    More shares = more dividends, and more money made when each uptick. That is basically what I mean.
    Jan 29 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Terrific Dividend Stocks On Sale [View article]
    Just looks like an excuse to hate on T right now, as the earnings report overall was awesome. Bloomberg still says in an article today T is still interested in Vodafone but they didn't want to be pressured into a deal with a 28 day timeframe so they opted to sit out 6 months. Now if T didn't have money or comfortable with their FCF they would not be interested in Vodafone (if that article is correct). This is a gift to get T today and reinvest the divy scheduled soon.

Long T