Ryan Schroeder

View Ryan Schroeder's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why Aegean Marine Petroleum Will Fall At Least 23% [View article]
    ANW is up about 100% from your last articles... Not saying I completely disagree with your analysis, but playing the short game in this stock market is a losing proposition. So many great companies out there to go long, why go short?
    Apr 2 11:08 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Short AmerisourceBergen: There's No Easy Cure For What Ails This Drug Wholesaler [View article]
    Any thoughts on the major anticipated boost to generics sales (vs. brand name) due to Obamacare?
    Mar 21 03:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Quality Dividend-Paying Machine To Consider [View article]
    Only thing I can think of is "Billy Mays, here!" type products. (May he rest in peace)

Funny thing is none other than Church and Dwight now owns OxiClean.
    Mar 20 08:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Quality Dividend-Paying Machine To Consider [View article]
    First, he said he was looking to swallow some business whole this year.

Total size would be well within his range without reaching (current market cap a little over $11 billion). And mainly it's the type of business buffet likes. Boring, with few surprises, and throws off a ton of cash.
    Mar 19 06:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Quality Dividend-Paying Machine To Consider [View article]
    Strong brands, Solid cash flow, recently refinanced a good portion of their debt at lower rates. Overall debt level is a bit high for my liking, but I recently added some $CLX b/c I think it's possible the Big Man in Omaha may be interested in buying it out (strictly a hunch).
    Mar 19 08:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cramer's Mad Money - Which IPOs To Watch, Which IPOs To Ignore (3/17/14) [View article]
    Not a big Cramer fan, but this is probably his best idea I've every seen. Makes me laugh that so-called "analysts" do this so often.

"It seems that these analysts are late to the party, and Cramer prefers to buy beaten-down offshore drillers than their well-loved onshore counterparts."
    Mar 18 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends And 'The Magic Pants' [View article]
    Larry

Very well written article. Main reason I am a DGI: Theory of diminishing returns. Not too go to in-depth, but there's only so many good ROI projects a company can invest in at a time. Maybe they can attain a 40% ROI on the first 20% of retained earnings, but the next 20%, the return will be lower, and at a certain point (unless a company is spectacularly well run) the return on incremental investments becomes negative. This is why I believe strongly in paying out that last X% in dividends (or share buy-backs).
    Mar 18 09:17 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Worried About Exxon Mobil? Are You Kidding Me? [View article]
    I made this same comment on Michael's article but I feel it warrants repeating here:

Mar 8 11:27 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exxon Mobil Needs A Big Dividend Hike This Year [View article]
    Michael - Management does not control the dividend yield. They merely set the dollar amount that is paid out. The other half of the yield formula is stock price. What happens if they do increase the dividend so that yield is 3.5% at today's stock price, but then the stock goes up to $120 and yield drops below 3%? Is the management team no longer paying an competitive dividend just b/c their stock price went up?
    Mar 8 11:20 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America Inc declares $0.152 dividend [View news story]
    There is an error. The dividend is quarterly, so yield is only 2.6%
    Feb 5 08:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Hit Apple's Last Two Quarters EPS Results: Here Are My December Quarter Projections [View article]
    When you hit EPS for APPL on the nose 2 quarters in a row, that's pretty impressive. If you don't promote yourself, why would you expect any one else to?
    Jan 27 10:18 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM results not impressing sell-side [View news story]
    The further the shares go down the easier it will be for IBM to hit their $20 EPS by 2015 goal. Holding now, and will look to add below $150
    Jan 22 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bed Bath & Beyond This Earning Report [View article]
    madbeachman:

Your skepticism about growth returning to the mean is warranted. I'd agree future Net Income and Revenue growth will be less than the close to 15% per annum experienced in the past. But I think 5% Net Income growth is very attainable. Add that to the buyback and your looking at some solid EPS gains in the future.

I guess the main point of the article was there's no way to predict future growth with 100% accuracy, but looking at past performance can give us a pretty good clue.

Thanks for commenting.
    Jan 18 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Corporation misses by $0.01, beats on revenue [View news story]
    This is one thing that drives me crazy. Companies that pretend to champion shareholder value by doing buybacks, but shares outstanding actually increase...

To quote WB: If compensation isn't an expense, then what is it?

This is actually one area I would actually like to see some legislation introduced as it is woefully under commented on.

In today's world you can pay an exec a salary of 100k + 400k of stock options and only the 100k counts against earnings. And they actually get to count the 400k of stock options they repurchased as "giving back to shareholders."

It's funny. Everyone complains about executive compensation, but no one does anything to change this ridiculous accounting rule...
    Jan 16 05:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Corporation misses by $0.01, beats on revenue [View news story]
    I bought in Oct 2012. Up 30% when I sold yesterday. Wouldn't exactly call a 30% return in 15 months dead money.
    Jan 16 05:08 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment