Ryan Schroeder

View Ryan Schroeder's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • General Motors: How To Bash GM - A Primer [View article]
    95% of everthing said in the episode was sarcastic. They replaced football with sarcasti-ball b/c football was getting too dangerous. It was pretty hilarious. Your article strongly reminded me of it.
    Sep 27 04:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Activision Blizzard Finally Break $14 [View article]
    khaz -1M subscriber loss for WOW was expected. I would expect subscriptions to be up after the Pandaria release, then slowly decrease to around 8M 12 months out. The real test will be how soon blizzard can come out with the new MMORPG that is in the works to replace WOW.

Diablo 3 real money auction house isn't going to be a major revenue-driver anyway, though I will admit it is a chink in blizzards armor, albiet a minor one. I'm watching for the next Skylander Release to be a major catalyst, especially with the accompying Giant toys.

Also I completely agree with the above post about the earnings potential of COD China. The only possible setback there is the amount of time it takes to get government approval.
    Aug 3 02:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Clorox: A Quality Dividend-Paying Machine To Consider [View article]
    First, he said he was looking to swallow some business whole this year.

Total size would be well within his range without reaching (current market cap a little over $11 billion). And mainly it's the type of business buffet likes. Boring, with few surprises, and throws off a ton of cash.
    Mar 19 06:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Aqua America Inc declares $0.152 dividend [View news story]
    There is an error. The dividend is quarterly, so yield is only 2.6%
    Feb 5 08:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Not To Invest In Dividend Stocks [View article]
    To Mistake #4... What are some good higher-yielding foreign stocks you would recommend?
    Jan 16 07:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Still Offers Nothing Bullish [View article]
    It's hard for me to take your article seriously after reading your comments. I'm struggling to find one that isn't sarcastic or intended to put someone down.

If you truly feel as strongly against Apple as you seem to, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and short the stock?
    Jun 26 09:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This REIT Is Approaching Bubble Territory [View article]
    One thing to consider is the possibility of long-term depressed interest rates that make "safe" 4% yields highly attractive. Which could raise the "normal" P/FFO range. Still a hold above 50 IMO, but this is one of those buy and forget about it stocks I love to own.
    May 23 07:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When Dividend Reinvestment Is The Right Decision [View article]
    David

Thanks for commenting. Whenever I have an invest-able amount of money built up (around 1k) I like to go ahead and invest it rather than sit on it. I know I may miss out on opportunities by not keeping a cash pile available for pullbacks, but this way I don't have to worry about market timing and I don't have to root for a pullback so I can get fully invested.

Some companies I like at current levels include CVX, APPL, JNJ, BUD, and AFL.
    Apr 27 03:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • When Dividend Reinvestment Is The Right Decision [View article]
    thenoffya

Thanks for your comment. Both are very good points. I feel that I do have an advantage over most investors because of my personal experience and the fact that most individual investors under-perform the market as a whole over time.

Two your second point... I currently own shares of GIS. they are up about 30% since I purchased them. I probably wouldn't allocate new capital toward GIS at current prices, but considering their track record, I feel like their ability to generate above average returns over a long period of time still makes them a solid investment. Finding investments that I don't need to think about regardless of the short-term performance of the stock price is one of my highest priorities.
    Apr 25 12:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Role Of BP's Dividend In Preserving Your Wealth Over The Medium Term [View article]
    Definitely a huge advantage to owning companies that can whether some major storms. Interesting timing on this article. Just added some BP to my Roth this morning.

Any worries about the continuing litigation?
    Mar 12 03:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple (AAPL +1.5%) has shot higher in afternoon trading. Rumors about a special dividend appear to be the trigger. (earlier: I, II[View news story]
    Gen, can you post a link to where you got that info?
    Mar 11 04:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is It Really Too Cheap To Ignore? [View article]
    I attempt (and sometimes fail) to put aside emotion when making investment decisions. When the "terrible sentiment surrounding the company" is only coming from analysts (not consumers) it doesn't bother me.

In today's world the media doesn't get to decide what is "cool." I pay more attention to what I see on social media when I am considering "cool factor." I still see a lot more posts and tweets about people loving their Apple products than Samsung products (though I will say I may be biased as I am an APPL shareholder and thus more likely to notice comments about APPL) .

As far as the Samsung ads go, I would NEVER feature a direct competitor in an ad. If your product is that good is should stand on its own merit. Bottom line is you are giving them free press, whether you are making fun of them or not. And as far as coolest commercial goes, I have to give it to the Surface RT with the click on keyboard. The good news is that product quality wins out in the end, which is why I think you will see Apple back on top in 2014.

If I have to sit through a bumpy ride to get there, it doesn't bother me, b/c I will still be banking a 2% (and hopefully growing) dividend on the way.
    Mar 8 05:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Xinyuan Real Estate Corporation Could Be The Next 5 To 10 Bagger [View article]
    I decided to close my position at 5.85, take profits, and re-evaluate on Monday. Doing some research on China's ghost-cities and seeing that XIN builds in those cities scared me on this one.
    Mar 1 02:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Kyle

Any concern about the 60-minutes piece on the China housing bubble this Sunday? I am long XIN and considering taking profits today.
    Mar 1 11:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Apple's P/E Multiple Is An Anomaly [View article]
    Great article Ray. Nice to see someone take a sound, mathematical (not emotional) approach to valuing Apple. This is definitely an article I will be adding to my investing toolbox.

As you mentioned these are conservative valuation estimates. Would be interested in seeing a more aggressive valuation, and one that includes the discounted value of future dividends. I expect the results would be nothing short of astonishing.

I am long Apple and intend to go longer after the probable stock price hit coming later today/tomorrow if Apple does not announce a new product or dividend increase.
    Feb 27 11:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment