Ryan Schroeder

View Ryan Schroeder's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Cramer's Mad Money - Which IPOs To Watch, Which IPOs To Ignore (3/17/14) [View article]
    Not a big Cramer fan, but this is probably his best idea I've every seen. Makes me laugh that so-called "analysts" do this so often.

"It seems that these analysts are late to the party, and Cramer prefers to buy beaten-down offshore drillers than their well-loved onshore counterparts."
    Mar 18 09:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM results not impressing sell-side [View news story]
    The further the shares go down the easier it will be for IBM to hit their $20 EPS by 2015 goal. Holding now, and will look to add below $150
    Jan 22 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bed Bath & Beyond This Earning Report [View article]
    madbeachman:

Your skepticism about growth returning to the mean is warranted. I'd agree future Net Income and Revenue growth will be less than the close to 15% per annum experienced in the past. But I think 5% Net Income growth is very attainable. Add that to the buyback and your looking at some solid EPS gains in the future.

I guess the main point of the article was there's no way to predict future growth with 100% accuracy, but looking at past performance can give us a pretty good clue.

Thanks for commenting.
    Jan 18 11:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends Vs. Growth, Part III: And The Winner Is... [View article]
    This day and age it's hard to find anyone paying 4% aside from tobacco companies or utilities that don't grow their dividend. Long term it's better to buy a 2%er that grows it div 8%+ than a 4% with negligible growth.

The exception to this being REITs, which if you can hold in a tax advantaged account, offer some pretty enticing initial yields and growth.
    Jan 12 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Annaly Capital gets new CFO [View news story]
    NLY was a great company, hit a rough patch at a rough time after the passing of the man that made the company what is was, Michael Farrell.
    Aug 19 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Still Offers Nothing Bullish [View article]
    It depends on your investing horizon and goals. My goal is to generate a reliable, diversified, and (most importantly) growing income stream. When I buy a company I generally have no intention of selling it unless something has fundamentaly changed since the time of my investment (lower growth, stagnating dividends, incompetent management, etc..). I have bought APPL recently with the expectation of 1-2 years of low to no growth followed by a consistent 8-12% 5 year earning growth rate (driven in part by buybacks). In addition to earnings growth I am expecting a 10% annual dividend growth, which considering their low payout ratio, is pretty conservative.

If you are a short term investor, I'd agree APPL is not a stock you want a part of, long or short.
    Jun 27 10:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple (AAPL): FQ2 EPS of $10.09 beats by $0.02. Revenue of $43.6B (+11% Y/Y) beats by $1.1B. 37.4M iPhones, 19.5M iPads, just under 4M Macs. Expects FQ3 revenue of $33.5B-$35.5B, below $39.3B consensus. Buyback increased by $50B. Shares halted. CC at 5PM ET (webcast). (PR[View news story]
    jbcm - APPL is returning 100 billion to shareholders in the current program, but only 60 billions in share buybacks. Even so we are looking a share count reduction of between 100k and 150k shares between now and 2015, depending on share price.
    May 23 11:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Valuation Is Not Rational [View article]
    Ffuzetti - It's an estimate for total share dilution.
    Apr 30 07:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Valuation Is Not Rational [View article]
    globalbusy - Thanks for reading. They announced in the earnings call they would be returning approximately 30 billion per year so I used that for my model . You are correct, if they used more money to buy back shares this year it would be more effective at the assumed prices.
    Apr 30 07:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Valuation Is Not Rational [View article]
    mbogosi - This was just a pure earnings valuation model. It does not take into account any balance sheet items. But the cash hoard definitely adds an extra margin of safety to the investment.
    Apr 29 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Ross, I strongly disagree. Simplified: Companies exist to generate earnings. Buybacks increase EPS. Check the link to the article I posted above to see what this will do for EPS. If a $50 billion buyback was executed this year and Net Income held steady, EPS would be over $50.00 for 2013. Pretty good.
    Apr 23 05:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Is It Really Too Cheap To Ignore? [View article]
    Alternatively, they could uses their massive cash hoard to issue cheap debt and buy-back shares, making it a win-win for themselves and investors by massively boosting EPS. I wrote a piece about buyback possibilities here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 23 08:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should Apple Repurchase Shares? [View article]
    Cagdas, Thanks for commenting. As I mentioned in the article, all these figures were calculated using strict PE analysis. I took possible Net Income scenarios, then applied potential total shares outstanding, then gave the EPS result a PE based on the growth to determine share price. For the scenario you are referring to, the perpetual negative NI growth warranted a PE of 5.

I tend to agree with you that $180 is not realistic, even for 2016. My point for the article was to highlight how undervalued Apple is by conventional earning valuation standards, even if you take out you all of Apple's other assets.
    Apr 23 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Already (Essentially) A Private Company [View article]
    I agree the buyback needs to be upped. Here's an article I wrote on the potential EPS boosts from different levels of buybacks: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Apr 22 10:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ford: 4 Reasons Why This Stock Is A Strong Sell [View article]
    Here's a good reason to not care what this guy says. Over 1200 followers, but only following 1. Clearly doesn't care what anyone else thinks.
    Apr 9 10:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment