S Dhari

View S Dhari's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Loews: The Perennial Value Stock [View article]
    Great article. Looking at the long term growth in book value is what keeps me investing in Loews and its' management.
    Dec 29, 2012. 06:50 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sears Spinning Off Sears [View article]
    Jaymarx,

The debt servicing is not factored into the income numbers. The exact interest rate on the $100M has also yet to be announced. Your correct, SHLD gets the cash, SHOS gets the payments. The debt amount ($100M) will be the same regardless of the number of subscribers.
    Sep 12, 2012. 03:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Female Health Company: Putting The Brazil Tender In Perspective [View article]
    I agree. I wish there was some more information in regards to the acquisitions potential. Also, where were all the regular analysts on the call?
    Dec 2, 2014. 04:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ashford Inc.: Should You Join Insiders In Their Aggressive Share Capture Of The Spin-Off? [View article]
    thank you. There are new 13D filings out.
    Nov 24, 2014. 10:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    how did you calculate the 5.3% please?
    Nov 23, 2014. 10:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    great thanks.
    Nov 3, 2014. 06:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I think you've got a great idea here. In my mind though there are a couple of concerns:
    1) The ability of management to pull off a successful acquisition given their lack of experience doing deals.
    2) Competitors, given that reviews for fc2 appear mediocre. It seems the product has succeeded because there has been no alternative. What if there is a better one (Path, Origami) in a few years? I don't see a lot of R&D being done to improve the product.

Do you have any thoughts on this?
    Thanks
    Nov 2, 2014. 12:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Copart: Junk Cars Is A Great Business [View article]
    Sure. Maybe 'weaker' wasn't the right word to use, but if I had a choice of KAR or CPRT's management team, I would take CPRT.

CPRT has had essentially the same management team for the last 30 years. Management owns 19% of the stock. Key personnel only get paid if shareholders profit. CPRT has opportunistically made use of leverage and bought back tons of stock at low prices, and has the ability to do so again. KAR has much more leverage, even after recently bringing down debt levels recently.
    CPRT management has also focused on one particular business while KAR is more diversified. CPRT has higher margins compared to KAR in the salvage business. CPRT has transitioned to a completely online model and well as moving internationally, while KAR still uses in person salvages and is in North America.
    Oct 18, 2014. 03:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Copart: Junk Cars Is A Great Business [View article]
    Thanks for your great comment.
    Operating Cash Flows have been pretty consistent. If you look at OCF/share, they have a 8 year compound growth rate of 13%. With the international expansion aiding revenue growth and efficiency improvements, I'm estimating a 18% compound growth in OCF per share over the next two years. Its hard to come up with an estimate past that date because thats when we'll know if the international expansion (ex U.K.) is for real. With a future buyback (maybe soon given the stock price) I think a reasonable estimate would be for long term OCF/share growth to be a few points better than 13%.
    Oct 13, 2014. 06:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Symmetry Medical: Surgical Maneuver Sets Up A Very Attractive Asymmetric Trade [View article]
    Ok thank you.
    Oct 9, 2014. 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    First off I wanted to say I really enjoyed your article. However I did have a couple of concerns I was wondering if you had any info on:
    SSRG is basically the 2 companies they bought for $177M in 2011. They have written off nearly 20% of that purchase price, and I think they may try to impair as much as possible in the next 2 quarters before they are separated. Given their stated revenue goal of $250M (3X current revenue) will require significant acquisitions, do you think management will be able to pull that off without running into the same problems they have now?
    Oct 8, 2014. 02:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • News Corp.: Complex Company, Compelling Valuation [View article]
    I agree the conglomerate discount is definitely a factor along with some of the legal events with News of the World. The more I think about it, the more News looks like a very, very long term turnaround story. I wish they would take a play from John Malone and issue a tracking stock or spin out one of the major assets to speed things along, but so far it doesn't seem likely.
    Sep 19, 2014. 01:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Post Up For The Long Haul With Post Holdings [View article]
    I have been following Post for a while, nice article Mike.
    Oct 4, 2013. 12:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Moving Money Into Western Union [View article]
    At this price it seems like all the issues you discussed are priced in. While I do agree with the author's position in general, I would have to add the insider purchases by management seem more like token purchases than anything else.
    Dec 30, 2012. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment