SA Editor George Moriarty

View SA Editor George Moriarty's Comments BY TICKER:

• Seeking Alpha Editor Mike Taylor Takes On Reddit [View article]
    This is not the forum for concerns about a single article. If you have concerns about an article's accuracy or facts, please feel free to review our dispute policy ( and submit a dispute to our team.

Nov 18, 2015. 01:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Editor Mike Taylor Takes On Reddit [View article]
    Thanks for the comment. I will bring your concerns to the moderation team's attention.
    Nov 18, 2015. 06:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seeking Alpha Editor Mike Taylor Takes On Reddit [View article]
    We do have an active moderation team that works to maintain civil discourse on the site. I would refer you to this link for our moderation policies - - and ask that if you feel there are further issues to discuss, feel free to contact me directly.

Nov 15, 2015. 09:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: Can Strong Housing Data Signal 'All Clear' For The U.S. Economy? [View article]
    The Yellen test is fun. Just asked four adults and two high school students. The closest answer I got was the high school senior with "It's an older lady..."

Does speak to so much about the market.

Oct 18, 2015. 08:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Economic History Favors The Republicans In 2016 [View article]
    Thank you Thomas.

Folks, while we strive to steer clear of politics on Seeking Alpha due to the quick and frequent descent into ad hominem rather than productive argument, we felt this analysis of the markets and their impact on elections is relevant to investors. Our hope is that you will enjoy the analysis and focus the discussion on that. Thanks, GBM
    Oct 14, 2015. 05:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My Bet On Seeking Alpha's Future [View article]
    Having had the opportunity to watch Seeking Alpha from the outside and inside, I can only say thank you David. You laid the foundation of a service that has wholly disrupted the investment content landscape, and have inspired many to step into the fray. I'm excited and proud to be part of the team carrying your vision onward. On a personal level, I can honestly say I've benefited from every interaction, and I wish you all the best. "May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future"
    Jul 2, 2015. 09:07 AM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Thoughts On Twitter's Growth Problem, And Why It's Losing To Facebook [View article]
    David, one of the reasons I wanted to post this was to get comments from people on the very real signal-to-noise challenge faced by companies like Twitter and, as you note, SA.

On Facebook, you're almost forced to curate your newsfeed by the two-sided 'friend' process, where Twitter follows are one-sided. This enables a higher signal rate, I think, because both parties are engaged (at least nominally). Yet even the most cautious Twitter curator can find themselves overwhelmed by one person they follow applying the engagement tricks you mention above.

So my question is, how can a user more successfully curate their feed on sites that have one-sided engagement practices? And how can these sites support the effort?
    Jun 12, 2015. 12:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How To Work Remotely [View instapost]
    Sharing this with my staff, who all work remotely. Great stuff, and thanks.

May 15, 2015. 03:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why IBM Might Be's Acquirer [View article]
    Nice recap Brian. On the face of it, I definitely agree this deal would seem a reasonable fit for IBM. One question: Dan Primack at Fortune notes that IBM only has $8.8 billion in cash on hand, so he isn't sure they're likely in a deal that will be around $50B. What weight do you put on that, and how they might be able to structure the deal?
    Apr 30, 2015. 11:32 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lumber Liquidators' Offer To Do Indoor Air Quality Testing Appears To Be A Sham [View article]
    Whitney Tilson issued a correction to this article late this afternoon. Please see the top of the article for his complete explanation and a note on what has been changed.
    Apr 21, 2015. 08:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • That Was Quick! Our First Premium Author Hits $200,000 In Annual Revenue [View article]
    Hi Benni,

If you'd like to discuss specific issues/concerns, or simply get started, feel free to shoot me a note and I'll be happy to get you on board. As Eli noted above, we always want more contributors.

Apr 21, 2015. 12:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Courier Corporation Will Be Acquired By Quad/Graphics - Should I Sell Now Or Wait? [View article]

Emails are often used as supporting points in articles, and as he didn't give away any personal information, I don't see it as being inappropriate. It's rather common practice.

Jan 22, 2015. 02:20 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi all,

Thank you for commenting on this. A few editors discussed this article when it was submitted and we decided that Robert had a creative take on crowdsourcing, so we went ahead and published it.

As so many of our authors comment on the incredible value our readers provide, I personally thought this was a unique and worthwhile effort from an established contributor. Now does that mean I'm right? Nope, but I will learn from the comments you all leave.

Please continue to share your thoughts on this article, and as Larry notes, let me know when you disagree with any decision (letting me know when you agree is cool too) and we'll all get better together.

Jan 22, 2015. 02:08 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SA Contributors Position For 2015 [View article]
    Stay tuned. We have outlooks on energy coming from two of our stars in the sector.

Dec 30, 2014. 02:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Difficulties With A BlackBerry Partnership In China [View article]
    The intent was not to add controversy, it was to clarify, and the miss on that intent is why it's our policy not to change titles without consultation. So to answer your question, we aren't in the business of clickbait titles, but instead our policy is to publish titles that accurately represent the analysis.

Nov 14, 2014. 11:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment