SA Editor Robyn Conti

View SA Editor Robyn Conti's Comments BY TICKER:

zorrow,

I'm sorry you feel that way. That is certainly not at all our intention.
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    We're working on it, always. At the end of the day, people are still people, and sadly, not everyone approaches the activities they choose in the most ethical manner. As someone who values truth and ethics above all, it's extremely important to me that we uphold these standards to the best of our ability. "Right makes might." Thanks for being one of the good apples.
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Exactly!
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:38 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    DJ, I'm thrilled to hear that! Thanks for sharing your experience. =)
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    Hi Rose. Totally understand and appreciate your position. I'm here when the time is right for you, if ever. Til then, we will all continue to enjoy your very valuable contributions! Thanks so much! I'm just glad you're here.
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    "Ute" the man! That's awesome. I love puns! =)
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    I bet you're really good at it! ;)
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    Great response tax! Thanks!
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    Hi PA. I think that "neutral" is absolutely acceptable territory for authors and commenters to tread into, and we welcome that, so long as the analysis and insights are sound. I think readers come to SA looking for ideas, and most often that would lend itself, by its nature, a bias toward one side or another. But this is not always the case, and I think we have published many an article, particularly in the DI category, that bears this out. I think those who choose to research a stock without holding a position, and share a solid discussion on that stock from both sides, are absolutely an asset here. As editors, we hold no biases toward any stock one way or another, though in certain instances, like AAPL, for example, we have to be cognizant of providing the most up-to-date, keen insights, as a stock like that has a huge following here, and we must be careful to protect the site's credibility and reputation when it comes to that coverage. Those articles that simply "examine" may not seem to resonate as well with the readers from your perspective, but they are absolutely welcome and useful, imo. Hope that helps.
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    Hi there. Yes, SA authors have been known to move stocks with their commentary, more often than you'd think!
    Jul 4, 2015. 06:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    I'm curious as to why Rose, or anyone, becoming a contributor would preclude them from continuing to offer the same value-added level of advice and wisdom in the comments on others' articles? I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, but perhaps I'm missing something?
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:37 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    8566031,

Your questions are quite thought-provoking. I think this is something we can always look at and try to improve upon. We try to be fair in every review, and we do have specific criteria we look for. I'd argue that the more specific an author is about WHY they are writing the article, and the more they support that thesis with specifics, the more likely they are to have that article published. But these questions are something to be aware of, so I appreciate you bringing them to the fore.
    Jul 3, 2015. 07:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    Brad, you've always been a super hero to me. This story really touched me. You're a shining example of learning by doing.

You must be so proud of your daughter! I was a journalism major, too, at the University of Hartford. =) I often wish I had double majored in business, as I think that knowledge is critical for anyone entering the professional world. I'm glad to see such a degree exists now, and your daughter is pursuing it. The education will serve her well. Smart girl!

Happy 4th!
    Jul 3, 2015. 06:24 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    Hi Lilly! We'd love to have your insights here. And this is a very nice community, for the most part, so don't worry about being torn apart. In my experience, everyone here is very helpful and willing to help and offer constructive advice. And our moderation team will eradicate anyone who gives you a hard time! Happy to help you get started, when the time is right for YOU. Thanks so much for being a part of the community.
    Jul 3, 2015. 06:18 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Scanning The SA Family For Alpha: Rosenose [View article]
    Thanks Vicki! I'm so glad to hear that! Again, that means we're doing something right. =)
    Jul 3, 2015. 06:16 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment