View SA Editors' Articles BY TICKER:
A, AA, AAPL, ADBE, ADS, AEO, AGA, AIG, AIT, AMAT, AMD, AMTD, AMZN, ANSW, APC, ARRS, ATML, AVP, AWK, AZO, BA, BBBY, BBI, BBRY, BBY, BDD, BDG, BGMD, BIDU, BOM, BP, BRCM, BRK.A, BRLC, BSX, BVN, BZH, C, CAG, CAW, CBH, CBS, CCME, CD, CDCAQ, CEO, CESV, CFSG, CH, CHL, CHLN, CHU, CIEN, CKEC, CMPS-OLD, CMVT, CNET, CNTF, COH, COP, COST, CREAF, CRM, CRX.U, CS, CSCO, CTRP, CVBT, CVC, CXTI, DAG, DDAIF, DDM, DEE, DELL, DGP, DIG, DIS, DLB, DPHIQ, DTEGY, DTO, DTSI, DYY, DZZ, EA, EBAY, EFUT, EL, ENTR, EPRO, ERIC, ERX, ETFC, EWJ, EWZ, F, FAS, FCS, FDC, FLEX, FLSH, FMCN, FNMA, FNSR, FXE, FXI, GCI, GE, GIGM, GIS, GLD, GLHGF, GM, GOOG, GPS, GRRF, GS, GSFVF, GSK, GSOL, GT, GTN, HAL, HAS, HCCI, HD, HDGE, HET, HI, HMC, HOG, HOLL, HOO, HOV, HPQ, HSBC, HTX, HUM, IACI, IBM, INFY, JAVA, JDSU, JNJ, JOBS, JPM, KMP, KMX, KO, KODK, KZ, LEN, LFC, LLY, LPL, LSI, LTBG, LTON, LU, LVS, LYV, MANA-OLD, MBR, MBT, MC-OLD, MCD, MDT, MER, MKC, MMC, MNI, MPWR, MRO, MS, MSCC, MSFT, MT, MTU, MU, MVV, MWW, MYOG, NANX, NCR, NCTY, NDAQ, NEM, NFLD, NFLX, NILSY, NKE, NOK, NSANY, NSM, NT, NTES, NUE, NVDA, NVS, NWS, NYT, NYX, OIIM, OMC, ONNN, ORCL, OXPS, OZM, PALM, PFE, PG, PGLA, PHC, PHG, PHM, PLA, QCOM, QLD, QRVO, RA, RDA, RHHBY, RHT, RIO, RMBS, ROM, RXL, RYAAY, S, SAA, SAP, SBUX, SCEI, SD, SDS, SID, SINA, SIRI, SLAB, SLV, SNDA, SNDK, SNY, SOHU, SPLS, SPXL, SPY, SSAM, SSO, SSP, SU, SWFT, SWIR, SYMC, T, TELK, THQIQ, TIF, TM, TNA, TOL, TOMOY, TRBCQ, TRIDQ, TSG, TSMA, TSN, TST, TWX, TXN, TZA, UAL, UAUA, UBS, UCC, UGE, UKF, UKK, UKW, UMC, UNH, UPIP, UPS, UPW, URE, UREC, USD, USO, USPI, UTSI, UTX, UVG, UVT, UVU, UWM, UXI, UYG, UYM, VEU, VG, VIP, VOD, VRGY, VTI, VZ, WAVX, WFC, WHR, WMT, X, XHB, XOM, XOXO, YHOO, YUM, ZRAN
Russ Koesterich Positions For 2015: Beware Divergences Of The Central Banks
- The pending divergences of the Central banks are preeminent this year.
- Normally the VIX is about 20% and it's not unusual to have periods when the spike is up to 30%, indicating that there is some real fear in the market.
- Asia is one of the more interesting opportunities in 2015.
- This U.S. recovery is different than anything we've seen in the past.
Jeff Miller Positions For 2015: Still Plenty Of Life In The 'Aging Bull'
- The main economic theme is that there is no expiration date on the business cycle.
- None of the best recession forecasting methods are flashing a warning for 2015.
- Markets hate uncertainty, but that is the story on the interest rate effect.
- Investors would do well to ignore the popular press and do some independent thinking.
GeoInvesting's Maj Soueidan Positions For 2015: An Outstanding Year For Micro-Cap Investors
- We love sleeper stocks, and we believe there's plenty of money to be made from them.
- The management teams of smaller companies are much more accessible than those of larger names if you are a non-institutional investor.
- The elimination of QE should give the economy a chance to improve on its own merits giving investors confidence that companies don't require the Fed’s juice to sustain growth.
Donald van Deventer Positions For 2015: It's No Time To Go Double Or Nothing
Editors' Pick • Wed, Jan. 7 • 2 Comments
- From university and public pension funds to individual investors, we find investors consistently overlooking their cash needs in deciding their asset strategies.
- My major real estate focus would be to control one’s housing costs in all dimensions so that you are protected if inflation and rates rise.
- The theme is “be very careful” and understand how a changing environment can help or hurt you.
Jennifer Warren Positions For 2015: Finding Energy Innovators And Problem Solvers
- In 2015, I will continue to see how the balance of oil and gas-weighted firms plays out.
- I believe in the approach of investing in the 'sustainable infrastructure' space.
- A holistic approach is needed to accommodate these demands at the least cost with the highest purpose use of resources.
Dana Blankenhorn: Why Your Money Should Be On Tech In 2015
- The trend is the key, clouds and devices.
- The purpose of a cloud is to sell your services, not someone else's.
- For a device to have a moat, it must be unique and stay unique.
Roger Nusbaum Positions For 2015: Thinking About Deflation In Some Markets
- Declines that no one is worried about tend to be more serious than crashes which have a tendency to snap back quickly.
- Look for smaller countries that either move to their own beat like New Zealand or countries that are on great fundamental footing but have been hit hard like Norway.
- Don’t underestimate luck when you have a two or three year period of outperformance.
DoctoRx Positions For 2015: I Have Cut Back On My Exposure To All Biotech Substantially
- Catalysts for biotech include disappointing economic growth, breakthrough products, and more publicity about advances coming from the sector.
- The oncology field is crowded and has gotten a bit impenetrable for non-oncologists.
- The most exciting "platform" trend is using advanced biopharmaceutical techniques to develop orally-available molecules that work acceptably in large numbers of people.
- I have cut back my exposure to all biotech substantially. The field is immensely complicated, burdened by litigation, full of exciting possibilities, and littered with investment minefields.
Marc Chandler Positions For 2015: It's Not The Things We Know That Get Us Into Trouble
- Several of the key developments this year surprised even the most seasoned of investors.
- The divergence of monetary policy, interest rate differentials and growth trajectories, favor the United States over the eurozone and Japan.
- We looked at different factors that could make the U.S. underperform and Europe and Japan exceed expectations.
Brad Thomas Positions For 2015: Attractive Opportunities Present Themselves In REITs
- By focusing on dividend safety, investors can find the best possible alternatives.
- Diversification is critical for not only REITs but all asset sectors.
- Within the Equity REIT sector, I believe that the Healthcare REITs offer the best overall value.
- Finding Alpha In Event-Driven Patent-Litigation Investments
Positioning For 2014: Guide To The Series
Dec. 24, 2013 • 12 Comments
- Jeff Miller Positions For 2013: Current Risk/Reward Favors Stocks Over Bonds
- Caiman Valores Positions For 2013: Colombia, Chile Offer Best Upside In Latin America
- Tom Lydon Positions For 2013: An ETF Trend-Following Strategy For All Seasons
- Arne Alsin Positions For 2013: A Stock Picker's Market, Par Excellence
- Tim Iacono Positions For 2013: Most Investors Seriously Underweight Precious Metals
- Casey Smith Positions For 2013: Passively Allocating To Long-Term Healthy Asset Classes
- Gary Gordon Positions For 2013: Alternative ETF Strategies For Everyday Portfolios
- Dave Van Knapp Positions For 2013: Tuning Out Market 'Noise' With Dividend Growth Investing
- Eric Parnell Positions For 2013: Gold's An Essential Diversifier In Any Portfolio
- Larry Swedroe Positions For 2013: Resist The Temptation To Stretch For Yield
- Marc Chandler Positions For 2013: A Global View Of Forex Catalysts And Potential Headwinds
Positioning for 2013: Guide To The Series
Dec. 21, 2012 • 3 Comments
- The Financial Lexicon Positions For 2013: Limited Bond Market Opportunities Mean Patience Is Key
- Roger Nusbaum Positions For 2013: Think Long Term, Invest Globally
- CEO Interview: Energy - Bart Demosky Of Suncor Energy
- CEO Interview: Energy - Tom Ward Of SandRidge Energy
- CEO Interview: Energy - C. Park Shaper Of Kinder Morgan
- CEO Interview: Energy - Clarence Cazalot Of Marathon Oil
Win An iPad In Seeking Alpha's 1 Million User Haiku Contest
Mar. 26, 2012 • 266 Comments
Seeking Alpha 1,000,000: The Greatest Hits, Editorial Edition
Editors' Pick • Mar. 26, 2012 • 3 Comments