Sacha May

View Sacha May's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Nokia's Genius Move: Was It Wrongly Viewed As A Catastrophic Mistake? [View article]
    Thanks man, I agree that the emerging markets are strong for Nokia (apart from China recently). That's why the China Mobile news is really important, thanks for pointing it out.
    Sep 15 05:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with you. But based on what I am seeing right now, Nokia is definitely targeting Apple. It's smart to position itself against all competitors. If it grabs a little share from each, it's set to do well. In my opinion, the Lumia 920 is a direct jab at Apple and some Android phones, while the 820 is a blow to all Android phones.
    Sep 15 12:41 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft's Biggest Problem Is Piracy [View article]
    I agree, Microsoft's products are underrated by consumers, but loved by businesses.
    Mar 9 01:09 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: The Market Is Missing The Point [View article]
    I'm sorry but there's absolutely no chance of the dollar not being the world currency... Apple is great for the US economy, where do you think all the money goes, to the $1/day workers in China? AAPL is now worth more than Poland, and the US is the main beneficiary.
    Mar 1 03:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: The Market Is Missing The Point [View article]
    Then Nokia is succeeding in one of its main goals, which is to convert people like you to more expensive phones. Enjoy that 900!
    Mar 1 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: The Market Is Missing The Point [View article]
    True. This is how markets allow investors to make money though, so let them think what they want. People never go for the company that's going through a very rough patch. Those that do and end up being right make a lot of money.
    Mar 1 01:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia: The Market Is Missing The Point [View article]
    iPhone with a bulky case. I bought it before the Lumias came out and now I'm stuck on a two-year contract. May still switch to the 900 though.
    Mar 1 11:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia On Pace For Turnaround Despite Huge Q4 Loss [View article]
    I think Apple could rise, but I agree that buying stocks at lows can be much more rewarding than at highs.
    Jan 27 01:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's Poised to Take Over Smartphones and Tablets [View article]
    But you have to think about margins. They are already pretty poor for smartphone chips compared to the server and computer chips that Intel's doing great with. Intel is a great company that stays very profitable by keeping their margins quite high compared to industry standards, and licensing ARM kills these margins and make make mobile chips not worth it for Intel. Intel isn't arrogant, it is an ambitious company that only goes after the best situation. Instead of backing down and licensing ARM, it is going for gold and trying to get its own chips on phones and tablets. This kind of ambition and perseverance is something I look for in a company when investing, and it makes Intel more attractive to me, as I know that it has this mentality in all of its sections and products. Don't forget, Samsung outsells Apple in smartphones but doesn't even get close in profits, and that's because of margins. Volume isn't king, margins are.
    Jan 19 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel's Poised to Take Over Smartphones and Tablets [View article]
    About your second point, Intel has changed its goals from producing more and more performant PC chips to dominating chips in all aspects of technology (toasters, cars, calculators, phones...). I like this new strategy. Also, even if phones don't bring that much profit to Intel because of much lower margins, being on mobile devices will seriously boost investor confidence in the stock, as Intel will seem to be well positioned for future markets. I personally think that Intel is doing fine without phones, but from an investor standpoint it is important to see the company's ability to adapt to new trends and to position itself for the future. It's not only about profits 2-3 years down the line...
    Jan 19 12:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors Is A Quality Long Play [View article]
    Incorrect, I'm a student and don't have the funds to buy in right now, they're already all committed to other buys. Keep your accusations to yourself. No, I will not have the funds in 72 hrs... I don't buy $200 positions...
    Jan 17 09:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft, Nokia Have A Real Chance Of Disrupting The Smartphone Market [View article]
    Mac viruses have been written... The way Apple deals with malware is they update loopholes in their code that allow the malware to exist in order to shut it out. If it were getting as much volume in viruses as Microsoft does, this model would not work. There's nothing to be proud of and no reputation to be gained from making a virus for a mac, its mostly just a waste of time for hackers.
    Jan 16 09:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Second part is actually well-said. You're right about owning and using their products, and I actually plan to. I'm stuck on a two-year contract with AT&T so I have an iPhone, but I will be switching to a Nokia Windows Phone as soon as I can as I've used the Lumia 800 and love everything about it. Also, I plan to get a Windows 8 ultra book when they start to come with Ivy Bridge, seems wasteful to spend money on a new laptop before then.
    Jan 16 04:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A123 Systems Is Simply Too Risky [View article]
    I don't think the EV market is going to disappear, I think it's going to grow fast. However, AONE is not a good way to play the EV market, as another battery maker with a breakthrough could rapidly take market share away from AONE. Please don't make assumptions on my DD... You could be right about AONE, but it's a very risky play because competitors with breakthroughs could wipe it out, as there is no brand or company loyalty between businesses, especially components manufacturers.
    Jan 16 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Sorry I should have been clearer. It's only available to BUSINESS USERS. When you have a business account, you have the option to pay a bit extra per month (I think $10-20) to have unlimited roaming data. Compare that with AT&T's rates ($199) for 800mb roaming data and you get my point. Again, you haven't seen this because you probably do not have a business contract, which only businesses and self-employed individuals can get.
    Jan 16 02:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment