Sacha May

View Sacha May's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • A123 Systems Is Simply Too Risky [View article]
    I don't think the EV market is going to disappear, I think it's going to grow fast. However, AONE is not a good way to play the EV market, as another battery maker with a breakthrough could rapidly take market share away from AONE. Please don't make assumptions on my DD... You could be right about AONE, but it's a very risky play because competitors with breakthroughs could wipe it out, as there is no brand or company loyalty between businesses, especially components manufacturers.
    Jan 16, 2012. 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft, Nokia Have A Real Chance Of Disrupting The Smartphone Market [View article]
    Sorry I should have been clearer. It's only available to BUSINESS USERS. When you have a business account, you have the option to pay a bit extra per month (I think $10-20) to have unlimited roaming data. Compare that with AT&T's rates ($199) for 800mb roaming data and you get my point. Again, you haven't seen this because you probably do not have a business contract, which only businesses and self-employed individuals can get.
    Jan 16, 2012. 02:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    It's on a BUSINESS CONTRACT that Blackberry gets better rates, I clearly stated that. You get unlimited data roaming with a blackberry business contract, which is a huge plus. Anyone that roams frequently knows how useful that is.
    Jan 16, 2012. 01:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    But a 3GS contract on AT&T is much more expensive than an Android contract on T-Mobile. Does T-Mobile, one of the cheapest providers, have the iPhone? No.
    Jan 16, 2012. 01:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    "Zune" brought nothing new to the table. Windows Phone 7 is actually unique in the way that it handles tasks compared to iOS and Android. It combines them and integrates them into the OS instead of requiring the user to open 3-4 apps. 1 place for all kinds of messaging, 1 place for all status updates, 1 place for all your friends from all your networks... Zune has nothing to do with it.
    Jan 16, 2012. 12:51 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Synaptics: Accumulate Under $40 [View article]
    Definitely Apple at the time of writing, if you want an easy one. SYNA has dropped back down now, and I've re-entered with a small position.
    Nov 6, 2013. 01:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Synaptics: Accumulate Under $40 [View article]
    I sold. I think markets will go up overall in the coming weeks, and with a beta of 1.92, SYNA is likely to add to its momentum.

However, from a fundamental point of view, it would be smart to sell now if your average cost is around $40/share (I sold, average at around $38). There are better risk-reward propositions out there at these prices.
    Oct 17, 2013. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Don't 'Like' Its Stock Price [View article]
    To each his own opinion, but I'll still point out that you should look at the numbers I showed more carefully.

My model does project strong growth in both user base and ARPU (monetization) of that user base, every year until 2022, and then uses a terminal growth rate as high as 7% to finish the valuation. It also reflects heavy R&D investment to go along with that, as well as especially strong global growth...
    Aug 2, 2013. 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook: Don't 'Like' Its Stock Price [View article]
    I don't short stocks. This is a suggestion to people that short to take a close look at Facebook, and to others to avoid buying in at this price.
    Aug 2, 2013. 08:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: 20% Upside In Next Year If Mobile Grows [View article]
    Data Servers mostly, but maybe also the software & other division. I expect success in mobile to start in 2014, somewhere around Q3. There's also the much-hyped set-top box (tv streaming), but thats a big question mark.
    Jul 27, 2013. 01:12 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: 20% Upside In Next Year If Mobile Grows [View article]
    1. look as some of the forecasts, heres one: http://onforb.es/117MY4U . I don't necessarily see a recovery, but I think shipments are close to a bottom, and will see support from emerging markets.

2. I don't see a huge decline in PC - I think we're just gonna see lack of growth. Therefore I would not think of mobile shipments as offsetting, but instead supplementing. Also on mobile growth, you're going to see momentum pick up quickly (if it does at all). Once a few major manufacturers switch to Intel, it should become tempting for others to follow suit, especially if Intel's technology is superior.

3. They're not baked in because most analysts don't see Intel making major mobile gains any time soon, and they believe that even if Intel does, the cannibalization of more expensive PC chips will lead to lower margins and profits will not grow significantly.

4. As in 2, its a momentum game. Manufacturers have not signed on because they want to wait and see on real-world performance and consumer popularity of "Intel Inside", especially since most Intel chips sell at a premium to competitors.
    Jul 26, 2013. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: 20% Upside In Next Year If Mobile Grows [View article]
    This has likely already had an effect, but I think that it is minimal. With dividends, yield and stability are most important, and INTC's dividend is still very strong in both respects (especially compared to its peers).
    Jul 26, 2013. 12:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: 20% Upside In Next Year If Mobile Grows [View article]
    I like the Intel TV opportunity but it's far-fetched. Not only are networks against it, but a lot of other big tech names are making moves in the space.
    Jul 26, 2013. 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: 20% Upside In Next Year If Mobile Grows [View article]
    I see your point, but you should look up consensus analysis on the PC market in the next 5 years. I think the market has/will soon bottom out, and will get support from emerging markets, partially from growing corporate businesses, but also from consumers. We're not yet at a time when people skip out on PCs for productivity. Because of this, growth of mobile Atom chips do not necessarily have to be at the cost of PC chip sales. Yes, margins may be squeezed, but that does not mean earnings growth won't happen. A 40% gross margin business + a 20% margin business means lower overall margins but higher profits if the 40% division has enough support (of demand).
    Jul 26, 2013. 11:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel: 20% Upside In Next Year If Mobile Grows [View article]
    Agreed, Intel does have a very strong brand, but I think that that is due to its long-term technological leadership, and still depends on that leadership continuing.
    Jul 26, 2013. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment