Safety In Value
View as an RSS Feed
View Safety In Value's Articles BY TICKER:
Big Rock - 4.4% Yield With A Moat
- Dividend yield well covered by stable business with a moat.
- Expansion into BC provides engine for growth.
- Potential acquisition target of major international brewer.
Genworth Canada - High Returns On Equity
- Mortgage insurance price bump will improve returns.
- Market share gains can be expected as CMHC scales down its involvement in the business.
- Potential for increased return of capital as capital rules clarified by OSFI.
Value Stock Picker's Oceanstone Funds Q1 2014 Update
- New positions in CNOOC, Corinthian Colleges, and Flextronics.
- Kept Positions in ESI, RAD, JAKK.
- Still has high weighting in cash.
How To Prepare For Rising Interest Rates
- Shorten bond durations and pick higher coupon issues, even at a premium.
- Find low-risk equity substitutes for bonds.
- Pick equities of companies that will benefit from higher rates.
- Avoid companies with high debt, or look for those with fixed-rate debt and ability to pass on inflationary price increases.
Pardee Resources Gets A Natural Gas Boost
- Natural Gas and Solar Acquisitions Provide Future Cash Flow.
- Current Low Valuation Provides a Margin of Safety.
- Increasing Executive Compensation an Unfolding Risk.
TransAlta Renewables Has A Well Covered 7% Yield
- 6.7% Yield is paid monthly and well covered.
- Long term cash flows are contracted from investment grade counterparties.
- Growth opportunities from acquisitions, both in the market and from supportive parent company.
Input Capital - Canola Streaming Value Creator
- Exposure to Canola - A crop with secularly growing demand.
- Streaming business model reduces risk improves operating leverage.
- High returns on incremental capital will allow them to grow into valuation.
Chou Opportunity Fund - Value Investor's 2014 Holdings
- Huge holding in Sears Holdings.
- Reduced Overstock.com as it approaches fair value.
- Large position in Resolute Forest Products.
Oceanstone 2014 Picks Update
- Top performing fund has only 3 positions.
- Added new position in JAKKS Pacific.
- Exited position in Triple-S Management of Puerto Rico.
Chiquita - Bigger Value After Fyffes Acquisition
- Geographic and product diversification should smooth earnings.
- More appealing to institutions at $1 billion+ market capitalization.
- Fyffes merger combined with recent Dole go-private should rationalize industry pricing.
- Significant synergies plus tax re-domicile to Ireland.
- Balance sheet improvements drive stability and multiple re-rating.
- Arlington Value Fund's New Picks For 2014
- Indigo Diversifying Below Book Value
- How To Make Money In Junk Bonds Review
- Oceanstone New Picks From A Reclusive Master
- Westmoreland Makes A Transformation Acquisition At A Great Price
- An Undervalued MagicJack Is CALLing, Pick Up Some Shares
- International Minerals - A Takeover Arbitrage Play
- DHX Media: High Margin Growth Via Acquisition
- High Arctic Energy: 40% Undervalued
- Arlington's New Value Picks - They Beat The S&P By 10% A Year
- Oceanstone - Picks From A Fund That Beats The S&P By 30%
- Clarke Inc. - 34% Stock Gain Gets Us To Pro Forma Book Value
- Gluskin Sheff: New Single Share Class Improves Upside Leverage
- Why Investors Should Read 'The Shipping Man'
- Learning From Arlington Value's Picks
- Calian Technologies Is A Long
- Pure Industrial REIT - Safety At 7% Yield
- Rocky Mountain Dealerships - Cheap And On Trend
- Caledonia Mining - Cheap Is Its Own Reward
- Corby Distilleries - Growing Dividend In A Defensive Sector
- Axia Netmedia - Newly Simplified And Cashed Up
- Algoma Central: Ships And Bricks