Saj Karsan

View Saj Karsan's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Global Geophysical Services: A Compelling Small-Cap Turnaround Story [View article]
    Good job holding off on this, guys (other than the guy with too much hubris). Looks like bankruptcy.
    Mar 21 03:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tellza: Undiscovered Growth At A Very Cheap Price [View article]
    Hi Mike, it's the routing software, that the company believes gives it a cost advantage, and that it may be able to license to other carriers.
    Dec 19 12:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nortech Offers Investors A Selling Opportunity [View article]
    Hi User666,

That is actually mentioned in the 2nd last paragraph of the article. Two things wrt it:

1) The market did not react to that news; it only reacted a couple of weeks later following the earnings report

2) As discussed in the article, the company has a history of a volatile stock price, so one can't really say this kind of event is the only reason for this exceptional movement.
    Nov 25 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Data Group Debentures Trade At Massive Discount [View article]
    I understand. I wish I could find more US ideas at this price, but I've had to look north to find a market that isn't so giddy.
    Oct 10 05:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Follow The 'Pros' Into Pro-Dex? [View article]
    Fantastic article
    Oct 5 03:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pinetree Offers Debt Holders A Bone [View article]
    80.50
    Sep 13 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Torstar Shines Bright [View article]
    Hi Rob,

It looks cheap, but because management has plowed so much money into purchases and investments, I have a hard time getting comfortable with it. If these investments pan out, Glacier is probably very cheap. If they don't, it's probably not. Too hard for me to understand.
    Sep 10 04:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Torstar Shines Bright [View article]
    Thanks, Keubiko.

Whether this is a long or short will come down to what proportion of the company's recent problems are temporary vs long-term. I tend to believe the former, whereas you the latter.

Please note that I did mention the pension obligation in the "Risks" section. Please also note that I did not place a fair value P/E of 18 on this stock, but rather a more modest 12..
    Sep 5 06:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Pinetree Offers Debt Holders A Bone [View article]
    I agree, it was not a painless process. However, I would guess that most of the debt is held by big firms that are accredited investors. Also, if someone were to assert that they are accredited, I doubt it will be verified, it's really just there for ass-covering purposes by the company.
    Aug 29 10:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pinetree Offers Debt Holders A Bone [View article]
    That would be a good guess!
    Aug 29 01:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pinetree Offers Debt Holders A Bone [View article]
    Hi gull,

I just meant the consent fee. Whether you want to sell will depend on your view of the risk/return still available. Now that it has appreciated somewhat, it is obviously not as attractive as it was before.
    Aug 28 06:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lexmark: The Falling Knife Worth Catching [View article]
    The panic is over in this name. I've now sold it as per http://bit.ly/1f5f9Vt
    Aug 22 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Double-Hammered: Lexmark [View article]
    The panic is now long over in this name. I've now sold it as per http://bit.ly/1f5f9Vt
    Aug 22 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pinetree Capital's Debt In Free Fall, Now Cheap [View article]
    Hi Brown,

I provide some comments on this offer here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Aug 21 12:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Great Canadian Gaming: Wide Moat, Cheap Price [View article]
    Thanks, gokou3.

That's an excellent point that interest is added back to operating cash flow. Note, however, that the 37M includes financing costs that are not interest. I'd suggest that the proper amount to subtract is the "interest paid" under the "cash flow from financing" category.
    Jul 31 02:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment