Sal Demir

View Sal Demir's Comments BY TICKER:
    @shawni

Did you see the data and the chart I put (Point #13) about Panasonic test results equivalent of ~700,000 miles of usage and 70% degradation? Why do people keep talking about replacing batteries when the exact same battery cells are used in laptops, etc. that don't get replaced?

I think battery swapping will never gain track while you have free and fast enough supercharging. Home charging is sufficient for 90% of people and supercharging will keep improving and spreading.
    Jul 3, 2013. 11:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    100% agreed Aaron. I've been saying exactly the same words.
    Jul 3, 2013. 11:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Hahahahahaaa! "from your lips to God's ears".
    Too funny:)

Let me know if you have any questions on the model.
    Jul 3, 2013. 11:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    molli, thanks!
    Jul 3, 2013. 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Glad it's useful.
    Jul 3, 2013. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Yuro,

1. I did say even if the improvement of EVs were less than 1/3rd of cell phones, we'd have cars with 1000+ mile range today. I know many people won't/can't believe this but they wouldn't have believed what cell phones would have become in 13 years or TVs would have become in their first 13 years, what Model T would have become in its 13 years, and the list goes on.

2. Musk did confirm supercharger network will be on 100% sustainable energy and forever free. He said they will have to use geothermal energy in Northern Europe, etc. but they will make it happen.

You may call this pure speculation but
    Jul 3, 2013. 11:15 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @tomfr

I'm guessing you didn't see the word "Mistake" in the title of my first article with a page explaining it?

And you're suggesting people shouldn't write about products from companies' road map and how these products will affect these companies' future success?
    Jul 3, 2013. 11:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Thanks Cassina, I'd really like to see JP's response too:)
    Jul 3, 2013. 09:39 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Thanks James. We're only off by 0.0001 on #20 :)

Please send me a message about #20 if you don't mind sharing?
    Jul 3, 2013. 09:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Thanks uscpaul, lol, maybe you should tell them that:)
    Jul 3, 2013. 09:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    You have so many baseless claims, I'm not sure which one to respond to.

1. "The Euros will begin to realize they will have to wait years to use Superchargers."

Where are you getting this from?

2. Musk's snit w/Barron doesn't indicate anything just like Steve Jobs' snit w/Music Industry or most successful CEO's snits w/their opposing journalists, etc. didn't indicate to anything good.

I'm done going down this irrelevant list.

Tesla will reach profitability in Q4 w/out ZEVs or $7,500 Federal Credit.

You can bet against it just like many had bet against them building "a car" from scratch (they built the best one ever), they will never sell enough cars (they are and will increase significantly, just wait for EU deliveries to begin), they will never reach profitability even w/credits (they did in Q1), I can keep going.
    Jul 3, 2013. 09:11 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Thanks Soflason. My goal is to help spread the word and educate the unaware crowd faster. Shorts & naysayers are already set in their ways and won't realize their mistake until they lose very badly.
    Jul 3, 2013. 08:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Thanks Kevin. I liked your piece, sorry it didn't get published..

Btw, you looked good during the shareholder Q&A session :)
    Jul 3, 2013. 08:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Thanks JRP3, I actually debated if I should use motor or engine and decided on engine just so the majority of the people reading don't get confused. I even saw several debates among engineers about the true term so didn't want to create unnecessary confusion.

Hmmm, interesting, do you know exactly how many cells are in Model S pack or this is still a Tesla secret?
    Jul 3, 2013. 08:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tesla Motors' Full Analysis 2.0 [View article]
    Thanks Solar, I'm aware of and fully support a well thought out carbon tax system. Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Jul 3, 2013. 08:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment