Sal Demir

View Sal Demir's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Tesla Motors: Original Pricing Model And Non-GAAP Numbers' Significance [View article]
    "Using GAAP or non-GAAP accounting is also a non-issue because either way the numbers are out there, and the share price represents a kind of consensus about which numbers count, regardless which numbers someone says should count."

Perfectly said, thank you.
    Sep 7 12:12 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks Kevin, I just wanted to rebut these articles claiming Tesla's accounting is deceitful.

Teslanaire :)
    I wonder who came up with it :)
    Sep 7 12:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I did read his report, checked the numbers and respect his track record.

I just don't agree with them, just like I didn't agree with the Goldman Sachs report on Tsla, BOFA, MS, even the famous bull Andrea James. Her calculations look very primitive.
    Sep 7 12:10 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Actually my price target (realistic mode posted here) is too low, we're in September and Tsla is already past $165.

Two variables?

There are tens of formulas in that spreadsheet but the most important ones are the ones involving deliveries, gross margin, COGS, net profit and P/E.

Let me know if that helped or if you have any other questions.
    Sep 7 12:06 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Smart people care.

I personally care about the track record of a person giving investment advice, or any advice really.

Do you like listening to people with horrible track record, giving you advice on anything?
    Sep 7 12:01 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks weccman, this was my mistake. I copy/pasted the same pricing model from spring.

Feel free to plug in the updated numbers, also your P/E, etc.
    Most important thing is that deliveries, revenues, profits, etc. are good.
    Sep 6 11:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @tom

I don't think the percentage is 0. I just don't think Tesla will lose any money on it. I think EVs, especially one built with such great engineering, will keep their value much higher than ICEVs.

No parts to change, nothing to fix, fuel savings, etc. People are realizing one by one.
    Sep 6 11:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed, already updated it for now and generously for the coming years. I'll publish it in my next article.
    Sep 6 11:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There are great incentives, mostly in EU, no sales tax in Hong Kong, etc.

You can check it on Tesla website

Sep 6 11:47 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Cracks me up every time you guys mention :)
    Sep 6 11:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @ Moon Kil Woong

Why are you so concerned about "taxpayer money"?
    Especially all these "pocket change" loans,

1. Tesla's loan, 465 Million (with an M:), paid back ahead of schedule.

2. SpaceX-Nasa collaboration, No loan, SpaceX' average mission costs about 1/8 of what it used to cost to NASA so taxpayers are actually saving money.

Compared to real "taxpayer money", say,

TARP, $700 Billion (with a B:), signed by George W. Bush (same guy who signed the loan to Tesla:)
    Sep 6 11:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @tom

Many people/companies/gover... etc are "misrepresenting the truth to us"

I think Tesla isn't misrepresenting anything, you think it is.

We shall see who's right soon.
    Sep 6 11:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @Tippy

"I'm sure Elon likes be able to pick and choose which items of gaap he wants to apply in his non gaap."

You love making things up, don't you? Great reasoning, good luck on your "future" short and all other investments.
    Sep 6 11:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Looks like SA commentary system is out of whack, my responses are showing up in different places.

First world problems :)
    Sep 6 11:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Looks like SA commentary systems is out of whack, I responded to you twice but it shows up below other places.

Let me try again...

Yes, this is a current problem that Tesla, Panasonic, Samsung (and possibly BYD) are working on.

- Panasonic went from a loss in its lithium-ion department, added new lines to its current production and opening a new factory to keep up with demand.

- Samsung and Tesla are currently negotiating.

- BYD is rumored to be in the talks.

Musk basically said "If OEMs do not invest to build enough batteries, we will build it ourselves"
    Sep 6 11:07 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment