Sal Marvasti

View Sal Marvasti's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Thursday Will Likely Center Around PCs For AMD [View article]
    Excellent companion to my trading update. You explain in detail everything I glossed over.
    Apr 16 11:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices - Is It Still Good Value? [View article]
    Ps4 it was typo :)
    Apr 15 10:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices - Is It Still Good Value? [View article]
    Discounted free cash flow, based on average growth assumptions
    Apr 15 06:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices - Is It Still Good Value? [View article]
    I like simple models. Made me buy msft at $29 and sell at $37. Otherwise how do you know at what price it is worth selling your stock?
    Apr 15 10:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices - Is It Still Good Value? [View article]
    The upside is $4 in the short term... That's what the discount growth model is showing.
    Apr 15 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices - Is It Still Good Value? [View article]
    The best time to buy was when 140m shares were shorted.
    Apr 15 10:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A New AMD Is Emerging [View article]
    AMD 9/10 has disappointed on earnings
    Mar 29 03:02 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD: Geeks Gone Wild [View article]
    I am log time AMD fan but no longer shareholder. I really believe in the current OpenCL solutions on AMD GPU hardware, simply because since Tahiti it is excellent GPGPU for the money, running circles around Nvidia. Never again do we need to buy Nvidia for desktop GPU acceleration. However as a shareholder I agree with Ashraff. AMD is great at making good tech, but they are bad at making money. Selling Tahiti and OpenCl acceleration cheap is good for the enthusiast but bad for the shareholders... There is nothing in AMD roadmap that proves to me they will be making big money.... It proves they wont go bankrupt and are worth say $4
    Nov 22 02:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Advanced Micro Devices' Battlefield 4 Bundle Could Pay Off Big [View article]
    Nvidia is spending the resources on Tegra ? My explanation. Because they are more cash rich.
    Apr 10 04:22 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Takes The Fight To Nvidia [View article]
    But as developer gamer, guess which die I would like to have? Full Compute baby. I am sure I am not the only one.
    Mar 30 11:15 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Takes The Fight To Nvidia [View article]
    dwdallam , I think nvidia intentionally cripples compute as they have a higher margin Quadro and Tesla business. AMD's (ATI's) compute business is marginal and for CAD typically. So they saw less need to cripple the consumer product. In the CAD space AMD does cripple drivers for consumer cards, so auto cad on the FirePro branded cards run faster.
    Mar 30 06:14 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Takes The Fight To Nvidia [View article]
    AMD problem is low margin, combined with high R&D. From a strategic perspective that is why I always thought a merger with Nvidia would be unavoidable if Intel becomes stronger on the GPU part. The question is can AMD survive long enough to force this merger or will it die and let Nvidia pick up the pieces like it did with SLI and 3DFX (yes SLI was not invented by Nvidia, which is why it is better than CrossFireX). I am betting on the former scenario as there are significant headwinds for Nvidia too.

For consumers AMD has been great value for money. As these things go, what is good for consumers is not always good for the shareholders.
    Mar 30 01:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Tempting Price For Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    Dude I mean revenue. Technically what you state is not true. AMD is not profitable because of high R&D Costs and bad deals with GF, CPUs themselves are profitable per unit. I was expecting you to say don't wait for ARM.
    I would never buy AMD for ARM 64 bit chips even if they would arrive this year. If ARM does take off in servers. Intels in trouble.
    Mar 28 02:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tempting Price For Advanced Micro Devices [View article]
    strange, this authors assumption about only servers being profitable seems not researched.
    70% of AMD revenue is from PCs and Graphics cards and consoles.
    Why ignore all markets and wait for 64 bit ARM. ???
    Next gen consoles will be AMD's immediate profit generators.
    Mar 27 07:16 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • AMD Buyout? [View article]
    Again ashraf you lost objectivity. That is why you fail to see value. I leave it at that. If NVidia was trading like AMD it would go private.
    I agree with pure value.
    Mar 23 03:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment