Sam E. Antar

View Sam E. Antar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nu Skin's Accounting: More Red Flags [View article]
    Thank you. The numbers reported by Nu Skin caused me alarm. As far as the stock is concerned, I don't trade stocks long or short.
    Aug 28, 2014. 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Overstock Expanding Bitcoin Adoption [View article]
    "International sales were less than 2% of total net revenues for the three and six months ended June 30, 2014 and 2013." --- Overstock.com 10-Q report, page 28

"Overstock saw $330 million in revenues in its quarter ended July 28, and that there is no plan to breakout Bitcoin volumes in quarterly filings — at 1/4 of 1%, the overall amount remains insignificant to topline data." --- Business Insider

Nice hyping by Byrne. Bitcoin is 1/4 of 1% of total sales and international sales are 2% of total sales.
    Aug 20, 2014. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nu Skin's Accounting: More Red Flags [View article]
    Jeff:

Whether or not you agree with my motivations the real question is: Was Sam Antar accurate and right? I posted two blogs (one co-authored) that warned about Nu Skin's inventory red flags and write-downs. I used Nu Skin's own reported numbers for my "days-sales-in-inventory" (NYSEARCA:DSI) analysis. After those blogs were published, Nu Skin did indeed significantly write-down the value of its inventory. So what's your point? Since Sam Antar is a MLM critic even if he's right, he's wrong? By the way, I have the same right to criticize MLMs as you do to support them. And I don't fault you for your opinions, even if I disagree with them.

Warmest regards,

Sam Antar
    Aug 19, 2014. 03:00 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nu Skin's Accounting: More Red Flags [View article]
    Jay: Congratulations on your first Seeking Alpha article.
    Aug 17, 2014. 01:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bridge Watch On The MS Herbalife [View article]
    Here you go http://bit.ly/1sOoJEi
    Aug 12, 2014. 02:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bridge Watch On The MS Herbalife [View article]
    Laura Taylor Townsend posted a fake arrest warrant for Michael Johnson on twitter last night. After I confronted her, she deleted the post and later privatized her tweets. I have the screen shot of her post and our exchange on twitter.
    Aug 12, 2014. 12:19 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    Problems are ongoing.
    Aug 7, 2014. 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    It was a rooster, two roosters :-)
    Aug 7, 2014. 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    Thank you LeMar. I can assure you that management will soon come to learn that I use a marked deck of cards at poker.
    Aug 6, 2014. 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    Thank you everyone. It was simple arithmetic: DSI calculation.
    Aug 6, 2014. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Nu Skin Inventory Red Flags Spell Trouble Ahead? [View article]
    Thank you! Lesson here is to always use a DSI calculation.
    Aug 6, 2014. 04:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Herbalife Insiders Are Buying, But I'm Not Buying It [View article]
    I bought Crazy Eddie stock, even though I knew it was worthless. It was a great ruse, while it lasted.
    Aug 6, 2014. 12:36 AM | 9 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Nu Skin Inventory Red Flags Spell Trouble Ahead? [View article]
    Company has purchase commitments.
    Aug 5, 2014. 02:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Do Nu Skin Inventory Red Flags Spell Trouble Ahead? [View article]
    Inventory growth started before LTOs and China issues. All the company has to do is honestly answer questions posed in blog.
    Aug 5, 2014. 02:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Will Herbalife Earnings Be The Final Nail In The Coffin For Short Sellers? [View article]
    Hi Leigh: You are missing the point. The purpose of fraud is to make money. Earnings or lack of earnings, short sellers or lack of short sellers won't make the issue of the legality of Herbalife's business practices go away.
    Jul 27, 2014. 11:14 AM | 15 Likes Like |Link to Comment