Sam E. Antar

View Sam E. Antar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Are InterOil's Auditors Capable of Uncovering Fraud? [View article]
    Hi Jimmy:

Another person's comment was removed by Seeking Alpha. It contained anti-Semitic language and a threat of bodily harm directed at me. In my reply, I explained to that person that there is a 23 year waiting list on people wishing me bodily harm or death and asked that person not to cut in front of the line.

Regards,

Sam
    May 3, 2010. 03:04 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did a Clever SEC Bait Goldman Sachs Into Compounding Its Legal Problems? [View article]
    "I'm not up to speed on the details of Crazy Eddie, but were you ever afraid to be cooperating with the prosecution?"

The Antar family left me out there to hang and I was facing ten years in prison. I did not want to be the fall guy.
    Apr 25, 2010. 12:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It was not a question of ethics for me. It was an issue of self preservation. Morality played no role in my decision to "cooperate" with the Feds and investor victims.
    Apr 24, 2010. 07:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "....you paid your dues right?"

No at all.

I lied under oath for 2 years fighting Simspon and I was forced to "cooperate" for almost three years without a plea bargain agreement with DOJ and FBI. I pleaded guilty to 3 felonies (15 years theoretical) and I had an approximate a 4 years sentencing guideline exposure.

Judge Politan sentennced me to six-months of house arrest, 1,200 hours of community service, $10,000 fines, and 3 years probation.

Later, I found out that Politan's decision about my sentencing was mainly because I cooperated for 2 years without the benefit of a plea bargain agreement ( a rarity) and my cooperation with victims plaintiff's lawyers in various class action litigations that saved me.

That's how the learned that the consequences of lies (in my case lying under oath) is far greater than the consequences of telling the truth ("cooperating" without the benefit a plea bargin agreement" for two years). In all, I was a government withness from 1989 to 1998..
    Apr 24, 2010. 11:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Shia Labeouf Help John Thomas Financial Pump InterOil? [View article]
    Hi Robbert. Still running that "anonymous" webite, I see. How is Carlo Civelli?
    Apr 23, 2010. 06:48 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Shia Labeouf Help John Thomas Financial Pump InterOil? [View article]
    The longs were right on Crazy Eddie from $8 per share to $80 per share split adjusted. Than came the crash! Afterwards, the shorts were right about Crazy Eddie.
    Apr 23, 2010. 06:47 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Shia Labeouf Help John Thomas Financial Pump InterOil? [View article]
    Funny!
    Apr 23, 2010. 06:45 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    You are welcome
    Apr 23, 2010. 06:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs Opens Itself Up to More Potential SEC Trouble [View article]
    Thank you. Next week I'll be barbequing some meat on Wall Street. Until then, let that meat grow nice and fat. Stay tuned.
    Apr 23, 2010. 02:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs Opens Itself Up to More Potential SEC Trouble [View article]
    Litigation is a poker game. The SEC only shows the cards it needs to show to survive a motion to dismiss and the rest of its evidence is disclosed to GS in discovery.

So far, the SEC cites documents up to the date the transaction was approved showing the ACA thought Paulson was an equity investor.

See below:

51. On February 12, 2007, ACA’s Commitments Committee approved the firm’s participation in ABACUS as portfolio selection agent. The written approval memorandum described Paulson’s role as follows: “the hedge fund equity investor wanted to invest in the 09% tranche of a static mezzanine ABS CDO backed 100% by subprime residential mortgage securities.” Handwritten notes from the meeting reflect discussion of “portfolio selection work with the equity investor.”

We only read selectively leaked tidbits of Pellegrini's testimony that claims that ACA was told of Paulson's intention to short the underlying securities, before the transaction closed. The SEC has documents and testimony that contradicts Pellegrini's selectively disclosed testimony.
    Apr 22, 2010. 02:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't want to GS made into a scape goat since it obscures real issues. However, they cannot be excused for failure to disclose and their false and misleading comments about litigation.
    Apr 22, 2010. 02:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    They should have disclosed Wells notice since it involved an alleged fraud concerning $1billion in investor losses.
    Apr 22, 2010. 02:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    = stupidity, too. They got baited by a guy who went after the Crazy Eddie bait and switch masters.
    Apr 22, 2010. 02:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't have a foreskin.
    Apr 22, 2010. 02:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    you should have seen me on CNBC debating Eddie Antar. It was like Jerry Springer.
    Apr 22, 2010. 02:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment