Sam E. Antar

View Sam E. Antar's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Overstock.com Trying To Cook The Books, Again? [View article]
    I agree with you that Wall Street is a cesspool and I have been vocal about it in other media outlets. However, given Overstock.com's history of GAAP violations (three restatements to date) and lashing out at critics who expose them, their antics cannot be ignored.
    Nov 5 09:54 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Overstock.com Trying To Cook The Books, Again? [View article]
    Well then, please I hope that Overstock.com lets the FBI know my latest activity. The Feds already have my mugshot and fingerprints on file. They know where to find me if the need arises.
    Nov 5 09:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • More Herbalife Nomenclature Nonsense [View article]
    Matt: If you write negative things about Herbalife, you must be evil! (kidding)
    Oct 28 10:48 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Overstock.com Trying To Cook The Books, Again? [View article]
    So why are you spending your time here if as you say "no one" trusts me?
    Oct 28 10:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Overstock.com Trying To Cook The Books, Again? [View article]
    I am a fan of Patrick Byrne too. His accounting antics helped my career as a forensic accountant and for that, I am indebted to him.
    Oct 28 07:06 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Was Medifast Transparent With Investors About An SEC Investigation? [View article]
    Contributor Note:

Medifast's lawyers sent me a letter:

And I responded here:

Oct 4 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    I tried the stock buyback stunt when the Feds were investigating Crazy Eddie. Raina is fighting the war on the wrong battlefield. He should worry more about parallel federal investigations instead propping up the stock price to burn short sellers which can potentially bury him deeper with charges of stock manipulation.
    Jun 24 03:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    "The decision to terminate the merger agreement was the result of a letter received by the Company on June 14, 2013 from the U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Georgia that it had opened an investigation into allegations of intentional misconduct that had been brought to its attention from the pending shareholder class action lawsuits against the Company’s directors and officers, the media and other sources. "

Jun 22 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    Eli: Very well said. - Sam
    Jun 20 10:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To The Independent Directors Of Herbalife [View article]
    check out my twitter feed.
    May 1 06:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    Please feel free to mention me in your complaints. Love Atlanta.
    Feb 25 03:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ebix Responds to Seeking Alpha Blog [View article]
    Memo to EBIX:

"To the best of its knowledge" means if you get caught lying you have a legal basis for saying you didn't perjure yourselves. That's a wimpy response to serious allegations.

Warmest regards,

Sam Antar
    Feb 22 09:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    I don't understand your point. The completion of a review by the SEC does not imply that financial issues are resolved. Suggest you check Section 26 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
    Feb 21 04:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Truth About Robin Raina's Ebix: Part I [View article]
    Hi David:

You are misleading by implying that the SEC gave EBIX a clean bill of health by completing its review. The next sentence of the SEC letter says:

"We remind you that our comments or changes to disclosure in response to our comments do not foreclose the Commission from taking any action with respect to the company or the filings and the company may not assert staff comments as a defense in any proceeding initiated by the Commission or any person under the federal securities laws of the United States."
    Feb 21 11:52 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Open Letter To The Independent Directors Of Herbalife [View article]
    Hi Robert:

It's not happening. As we discussed before, transparency won't help HLF. Furthermore, institutional investors in HLF won't complain because they don't want to be left holding the bag.

Regards,