Sam E. Antar

View Sam E. Antar's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • $100 Million Wasted By Overstock [View article]
    Either Overstock is overpaying, has cost overruns, or given their history of rogue accounting, they are improperly capitalizing operating costs. Neither alternative is good.
    Apr 5, 2015. 03:17 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $100 Million Wasted By Overstock [View article]
    Overstock's business is based on feeding Byrne's ego
    Apr 5, 2015. 02:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • $100 Million Wasted By Overstock [View article]
    The deferred tax credit was a noncash entry. It had no effect on the amount of cash on hand.
    Apr 5, 2015. 12:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Spike In Ad Hominem Attacks Proves Ackman Is On To Herbalife [View article]
    Oh yes! I'll turn myself in with my entire twitter feed :-)
    Mar 21, 2015. 05:35 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Deteriorating Prospects For Overstock [View article]
    Hi Duane: Beware! When writing anything perceived as negative about OSTK be ready to be deluged by its nut case cultists. -- Sam
    Jan 30, 2015. 10:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nu Skin's Accounting: More Red Flags [View article]
    Thank you. The numbers reported by Nu Skin caused me alarm. As far as the stock is concerned, I don't trade stocks long or short.
    Aug 28, 2014. 10:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Update: Overstock Expanding Bitcoin Adoption [View article]
    "International sales were less than 2% of total net revenues for the three and six months ended June 30, 2014 and 2013." --- Overstock.com 10-Q report, page 28

"Overstock saw $330 million in revenues in its quarter ended July 28, and that there is no plan to breakout Bitcoin volumes in quarterly filings — at 1/4 of 1%, the overall amount remains insignificant to topline data." --- Business Insider

Nice hyping by Byrne. Bitcoin is 1/4 of 1% of total sales and international sales are 2% of total sales.
    Aug 20, 2014. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nu Skin's Accounting: More Red Flags [View article]
    Jeff:

Whether or not you agree with my motivations the real question is: Was Sam Antar accurate and right? I posted two blogs (one co-authored) that warned about Nu Skin's inventory red flags and write-downs. I used Nu Skin's own reported numbers for my "days-sales-in-inventory" (NYSEARCA:DSI) analysis. After those blogs were published, Nu Skin did indeed significantly write-down the value of its inventory. So what's your point? Since Sam Antar is a MLM critic even if he's right, he's wrong? By the way, I have the same right to criticize MLMs as you do to support them. And I don't fault you for your opinions, even if I disagree with them.

Warmest regards,

Sam Antar
    Aug 19, 2014. 03:00 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nu Skin's Accounting: More Red Flags [View article]
    Jay: Congratulations on your first Seeking Alpha article.
    Aug 17, 2014. 01:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bridge Watch On The MS Herbalife [View article]
    Here you go http://bit.ly/1sOoJEi
    Aug 12, 2014. 02:42 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bridge Watch On The MS Herbalife [View article]
    Laura Taylor Townsend posted a fake arrest warrant for Michael Johnson on twitter last night. After I confronted her, she deleted the post and later privatized her tweets. I have the screen shot of her post and our exchange on twitter.
    Aug 12, 2014. 12:19 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    Problems are ongoing.
    Aug 7, 2014. 09:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    It was a rooster, two roosters :-)
    Aug 7, 2014. 10:23 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    Thank you LeMar. I can assure you that management will soon come to learn that I use a marked deck of cards at poker.
    Aug 6, 2014. 11:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nu Skin Must Come Clean On Troubling Inventory Red Flags [View article]
    Thank you everyone. It was simple arithmetic: DSI calculation.
    Aug 6, 2014. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment