Sam E. Antar

View Sam E. Antar's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Medifast's Lawsuit Backfires [View article]
    Hi Penelope: Thank you for your information. Regards, Sam
    Mar 21 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Too Successful for Its Own Good? [View article]
    Purported transaction does not make SEC, litigation, and GAAP violation issues go away.
    Mar 10 12:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • More Murky Financial Disclosures for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters [View article]
    Hi Bill: My issues with Green Mountain relate to disclosure violations. and not business models. I teach government agencies, accounting and legal professionals, and students how to find irregularities.
    In many cases I have identified disclosure violations missed by auditors, company lawyers, and Wall Street. The SEC is investigating several public companies after I alerted them to various accounting irregularities such as Overstock.com, Bidz.com, and others. Regards, Sam
    Feb 17 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not sure if all of those decisions were smart. There is a lot of skepticism about the company's acquisitions. I respectfully suggest that you read some of Marc Astrachan's reports from Stifel, Nicolaus & Company. He is a rare bread among so-called research analysts in that he is capable of being a skeptic.
    Feb 17 12:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Interesting point. I will check it out, Thank you.
    Feb 17 01:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you. I like to be more transparent about my sins than Green Mountain has been with its sins.
    Feb 17 01:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I haven't taken a close look at goodwill yet. I am currently researching another issue on GMCR which I hope to blog about soon. Let's just say it's a black hole in the numbers for now.
    Feb 15 09:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Too many people are afraid of being sued in retaliation. In my case, I couldn't care less. A lawsuit against me would give me subpoena power to dig even deeper.
    Feb 15 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi PMC: Rules are rules and Green Mountain must follow them. In every investigation, the SEC will look for a "pattern of inconsistencies." Usually, where there is smoke there is fire. Green Mountain has clearly violated GAAP and other SEC disclosure rules on a consistent basis. The SEC has the subpoena power to determine if any fraud was involved. Regards, Sam
    Feb 15 09:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sid: Thank you!
    Feb 15 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you. Loved your article.
    Feb 15 12:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi dissolved: They are just blowing steam.
    Feb 15 12:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Silky:

The recent rumors reminds me of the call options trading on the afternoon of November 19.

www.cnbc.com/id/40547201
    Feb 15 11:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Didn't you know?

"Sam Antar, one of the architects of the “Crazy Eddie” fraud of the 1980s, has examined the current state of politics and has made an important decision – He’s going back to crime."

Here's more:

www.williamkwolfrum.co.../
    Feb 15 11:53 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Green Mountain Coffee Roasters: Calling a Bean, a Bean [View article]
    Hi WST:

Your premise sounds rational. However, since the SEC inquiry was announced on September 28, Green Mountain doesn't seem to be following that logic. On that date, they should have identified the K-Cup margin error as a material accounting error under criteria provided by SAB No. 99, but didn't.

Regards,