Sameer Advani

View Sameer Advani's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Plug Power plunges nearly 8% on secondary offer, short sales [View news story]
    puh leeze

companies don't do secondary offerings unless they think their stock is wildly overvalued. ever heard of the pecking order of corporate finance?

plug is a dog with fleas. get over it and move on. nothing to see here.
    Apr 24 03:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Is Running Out Of Cash To Raise Its Dividend [View article]
    Why does it matter? Why should Apple raise the dividend? As a shareholder I would prefer that they invest the free cash flow in positive NPV projects and buyback stock
    Apr 21 07:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power turns sharply lower as non-binding fuel cell JV fails to excite [View news story]
    Big old wet noodle for breakfast
    Apr 21 10:55 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power: Sorting Through The Noise [View article]
    @rayebob, economies of scale? really? they lose money on every unit they deliver. I don't think capacity is the issue. Any real economy of scale will require a massive investment in capex, which means more dilution or more debt.
    Apr 16 09:22 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Keyw Holding Corp: Attractive Fundamentals, 11.3% Expected Industry Growth, Shares Discounted By 40% [View article]
    ouch. timely article.
    Apr 16 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Plug Power: Unprofitable Past, Poor Fundamentals, And A Best-Case DCF Value Of $2-$2.50/Share [View article]
    @ikarus, making waaaay too much sense here. wrong forum for that I guess. this forum is all about hype and hyperbole.
    Apr 16 09:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @lakhi, who uses DCF to value companies? Really? Everyone. That's who. Any asset is only worth it's discounted expected cash flows. PLUG is no different.
    Apr 16 09:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @FF373737, I suppose that's possible. It's more likely that they didn't see much long term benefit of having an equity stake in the company, and they took the opportunity to liquidate their position.
    Apr 4 10:55 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Wow, the discussion on this stock go from silly to ridiculous in a hurry. If ReliOn is such a great strategic asset, why would Cummins, one of the largest energy equipment companies in the world, be willing to sell it for a measly $4 Million, and as an asset sale? Clearly it must be a great business, and there must be tremendous value in the operations as an on-going concern. Am I missing something here? Lousy money-losing company buys lousy worthless assets for over-inflated stock, increases overall value of the firm? I think not.
    Apr 4 01:50 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great article. The DCF is very generous. Being such a volatile stock I would estimate the discount rate higher at 13 to 15%. Anyways that wouldn't change the reality much, it's waaaaaay overvalued fundamentally. Not that it matters.....until it does. Good luck to the longs. I'm glad to take the other side of that trade all day long. I hope the price spikes higher so I can make even more money going short. Trade of the year. I'm going all in on PLUG short. I thought the DDD short was enough for the year but it came to early, so maybe now I'm just getting greedy.
    Apr 2 11:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Believe Plug Power Is Now Heading Back To $8, Eventually On Its Way To $14 [View article]
    @JohnFoley, you are the most rational contributor to this thread.
    Mar 30 10:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    @rayebob, yes and japanese energy costs are much higher than the US, making hydrogen more attractive. same goes for europe. here you are competing against electricity, which is dirt cheap and getting cheaper. hence, the myopia. The DOD has studied this and cannot make it feasible without subsidies.
    Mar 30 10:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @philohipis. You don't get it. $30 million in sales does not justify a billion dollar valuation. full stop. good day sir.
    Mar 30 10:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    @philohipis, there is nothing particularly unique about their service offering, and last I checked, service businesses are relatively low margin and require massive scale to be attractive to the investing public at large. Will PLUG be the Sysco of hydrogen? Or the IBM of hydrogen? Probably not.

They don't make anything unique. All they have developed is a repackaging of what are essentially off the shelf fuel cell technologies, and bundled it with the servicing. $5 Million on R&D in each of 2012, and 2013? What futuristic technology could they possibly be working on with a budget of $5 million? This company has zero sustainable competitive advantage.
    Mar 28 09:24 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Why aren't they buying from $PLUG? Ask that question first. This company had $26 Million in revenues last year. Even at 10X that it's still a drop in the ocean of fortune 500 capex.
    Mar 28 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment