Sammy Pollack

View Sammy Pollack's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BP: A Possible Tax Inversion Takeover Target [View article]
    Total is based France so the tax savings would not be the same.
    Jun 24 11:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Target: A Strong Buy [View article]
    I like your strategy of selling Jan 2016 puts makes a lot of sense to me
    Jun 24 07:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BP: A Possible Tax Inversion Takeover Target [View article]
    not necessarily, depends on how the deal is funded. If its mostly stock and cash then XOM need not loose its AAA rating. If the deal would be funded by raising debt then XOM could lose AAA rating
    Jun 23 05:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Why I'm Not A Buyer And What I Would Buy Instead [View article]
    No, there is not another JNJ but PG, PFE, MRK, and UL are somewhat similar to JNJ. There is no question JNJ is an exceptional and unique company. I just think the current valuation is problematic. Since you said you are a dividend investor you might want to consider looking at Verizon. The yield is much better and so is the valuation.
    Jun 23 09:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I like VZ more if you are investing for income
    Jun 23 08:21 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    covered call strategy is interesting at this point given the high valuations. I don't think covered call strategy makes sense for most stocks given the M&A environment right now. However, selling covered calls if you own JNJ is probably not a bad idea at this point.
    Jun 22 03:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Not necessarily saying JNJ is a sell if you are already in at a good price just think if you are looking to put new money to work there are better stocks than JNJ.
    Jun 22 03:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Oracle On Earnings Dip [View article]
    Larry Ellison is one of the richest people in the world currently worth about $50 billion. Its true that he has done many acquisitions but he had done an amazing job of integrating into ORCL and, most importantly, making money for shareholders.
    Jun 20 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • American Airlines Group: A Strong Buy [View article]
    would not worry too much about the Venezuelan charges because these would be a one time hit
    Jun 19 10:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought International Game Technology [View article]
    While those might be true there are other positives that make IGT interesting such as its strong cash flow relative to earnings and booming online and mobile gaming business. GTECH is already in talks to buy IGT so at least one bid is highly likely.

Jun 19 11:01 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Uncertainly In Iraq [View article]
    BNO is probably a better play because, as you said, middle east exports go mostly to Europe
    Jun 13 09:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Boeing: A Wonderful Company At A Fair Price [View article]
    backlog is certainly bullish for long-term outlook
    Jun 11 07:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: A Strong Leveraged Buyout Candidate [View article]
    A private buyer could bring in new management and make the aggressive changes needed to turn the business around.
    Jun 11 03:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Nike Should Buy Lululemon [View article]
    VFC is also a logical buyer of LULU
    Jun 7 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Hartford Financial: Time To Take Some Profits [View article]
    I don't disagree and certainly would not want to be short HIG... just think the easy money has been made at this point
    Jun 2 10:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment