Sammy Pollack

View Sammy Pollack's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Why Gold Is Not A Safe Haven [View article]
    the big money that buys and sells gold is what makes it go up or down. These "big money" players buy on margin.
    Nov 18 08:47 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Gold Is Not A Safe Haven [View article]
    i agree that fed/ecb will have to print money to prevent deflation. However, this would be bullish for all assets accept treasury's. My point here is that if one owns gold as a "hedge" against the stock market they are buying gold for the wrong reasons.
    Nov 18 08:38 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SeaWorld: Buy The Dip [View article]
    SEAS is already in a "tailspin"..... thats why the stock is attractive
    Aug 18 05:53 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Paulson Buys DirecTV As Buffett Sells: Why I'm Bullish [View article]
    If the deal does not go through I would expect DTV to trade down to the mid 70's. The deal should close sometime during the beginning of 2015
    Aug 17 11:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • BP: A Possible Tax Inversion Takeover Target [View article]
    Total is based France so the tax savings would not be the same.
    Jun 24 11:23 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Johnson & Johnson: Why I'm Not A Buyer And What I Would Buy Instead [View article]
    Not necessarily saying JNJ is a sell if you are already in at a good price just think if you are looking to put new money to work there are better stocks than JNJ.
    Jun 22 03:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Boeing: A Wonderful Company At A Fair Price [View article]
    backlog is certainly bullish for long-term outlook
    Jun 11 07:58 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Coach: A Strong Leveraged Buyout Candidate [View article]
    A private buyer could bring in new management and make the aggressive changes needed to turn the business around.
    Jun 11 03:52 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: A Strong Buy [View article]
    IBM emerging market exposure is a short-term headwind but a long-term tailwind. EM looks weak right now and no signs of turning but someday, it will, and IBM will be well positioned to take advantage of it.
    Mar 11 06:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • IBM: A Strong Buy [View article]
    because IBM, despite the recent weakness, is trading quite close to all time highs .....
    Mar 11 04:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cameco Corp: My Favorite Commodity Stock For 2014 [View article]
    Scotiabank upgraded uranium sector today. I think thats why CCJ was up big.

Jan 14 04:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cameco Corp: My Favorite Commodity Stock For 2014 [View article]
    CCJ has already guided the markets towards a loss of $400- $425 million for the tax issue. In other words, I think the market has priced in this issue to some degree. However, I will concede a worst case outcome would likely be a negative for the stock.
    Jan 14 10:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Cameco Corp: My Favorite Commodity Stock For 2014 [View article]
    DNN is my favorite of the speculative names
    Jan 13 09:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: My Least Favorite Dow Stock For 2014 [View article]
    Executive shakeup is actually something that could cause T shares to rally. The company needs a more aggressive strategy to compete with Verizon. Don't think Stephenson has been a terrible CEO but I would view a change of leadership as a positive.
    Dec 22 01:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • AT&T: My Least Favorite Dow Stock For 2014 [View article]
    T does tend to raise the dividend from time to time. I would not be surprised to seem them raise the dividend a bit in 2014 but I don't think the raise will be enough to make T attractive in a stronger growth rising interest rate environment
    Dec 22 12:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment