Sandy Lighthouse

View Sandy Lighthouse's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple, Wearables And Digital Detox [View instapost]
    I think human beings in North America are at a digital saturation point. Digital consumption has reached a point of toxicity within the human organism. My personal opinion is that the pendulum is about to swing the other way for total consumer digital consumption.
    Mar 11, 2015. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Entering The Car Sector? Why This Could Be Its Next 'Large Numbers' Move [View article]
    Apple would operate the network themselves. They find advantages in controlling the entire ecosystem.
    Feb 23, 2015. 08:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TFTF, I think you've got it about right, but don't go far enough. Forget about Apple going after Tesla, BMW,etc. Apple will go after Uber and the on-demand transportation market with purpose built self-driving BEV's. Much bigger and more disruptive market. The path they take to get there would be the biggest question. They seem to be all in on this vehicle thing where ever it ends up.
    Feb 23, 2015. 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Real Importance Of The Apple Car Project [View article]
    How about an Apple self-driving BEV car within the context of an on-demand transportation system like Uber? Apple owns the whole enchilada and builds and and designs it's own cars optimized for urban transportation. No need for public charging station build out or retail auto outlets. Looks like a much larger and more profitable market, and it's where urban transportation is headed. Apple has unique assets that qualify it to implement this massively disruptive business model world wide. Just building another car to retail out to the public is beneath Apple. Think different, think BIG!
    Feb 23, 2015. 05:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Bubble Trouble? [View article]
    Good job Brad. Very rational and balanced. Thanks!
    Feb 21, 2015. 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is The World Economy Headed? [View article]
    m23, believe me, I get it about not fighting the fed. The bus occasionally hits bumps, but keeps going. But recent actions by central bankers world wide feel more like fishtailing on ice to me. Maybe the bus will straighten out and keep going. Or maybe the bus will get caught in a cycle of oscillating swerves of increasing amplitude and end up in the ditch. What seems least likely to me is that the bus will straighten out, accelerate, and hit a higher gear. Time will tell.
    Feb 17, 2015. 10:39 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Housing Is Poised For An Upside Breakout [View article]
    Housing is my industry. Fed may raise interest rates. Lots of student debt for people of first time buying age. Strongest markets in oil patch states are vulnerable. Housing may go up or down, but I doubt it will break out.
    Feb 17, 2015. 10:27 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is The World Economy Headed? [View article]
    tmow, thanks for the kind words. Good luck to you and all commenters .
    Feb 17, 2015. 10:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is The World Economy Headed? [View article]
    I don't know if the world's economy is spiraling down or not. I just don't see the prospects for growth being anywhere near what they have been in the past. There is always a way to make money in the markets, but at what risk?
    Feb 17, 2015. 10:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is The World Economy Headed? [View article]
    I agree that the risks of Grexit are over stated by the press and are priced into the market. Greece has less than 2% of the EU's gdp, and contagion risk is minimal. Germany will be fine. But my opinion is EU QE will not improve economic conditions in the EU as a whole, and will lead to increased market risks.
    Feb 17, 2015. 09:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is The World Economy Headed? [View article]
    I try to start from a macro perspective. It looks to me like the "easy" money has been made in this market. There may be more upside to stocks, but the risks look elevated to me.
    Feb 17, 2015. 09:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Where Is The World Economy Headed? [View article]
    I'm in cash. I've shorted successfully before using Rydex mutual funds in 2001 and etf's in 2008, but didn't make much money relative to my portfolio size. Shorting is very difficult for me. I'm playing around with small shorts off and on. I too am very risk adverse. I wait for high conviction situations, and if they don't appear, then cash is fine.
    Feb 17, 2015. 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Sees Massive Institutional Buying [View article]
    Exactly. Remember when FB was at 25 and institutions treated it like toxic waste?
    Feb 13, 2015. 06:13 PM | 8 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chromebooks Won't Rule The Future [View article]
    I'd rather Google have my personal info than someone in Romania.
    Sep 13, 2014. 06:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Putting Microsoft's Surface-Related Losses Into Perspective [View article]
    Microsoft Surface is strictly a defensive measure to support Office and Windows. Microsoft is fighting the last war, not the next one.
    Aug 16, 2014. 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment