Sandy Lighthouse

View Sandy Lighthouse's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Ideas, Suggestions, Disclosure, & Common Sense [View instapost]
    FGT, I regularly read your articles. Thank you. There are a lot of three year olds out there that want mommy to tell them what to do and when to do it. Investing is an intensely competitive and risky endeavor. The open exchange of ideas is a powerful tool to deal with that risk. If that bothers some people, that's their problem.
    Apr 15, 2015. 07:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lots Of FUD On Apple Watch Launch Day Looks Bullish For The Stock [View instapost]
    I've had a day to mull this. You make some really good points, Doc. I'm sticking to my guns on this. Initial surge of sales, then negative social stigma for being seen wearing Iwatch, then dis-satisfaction with utility, then sales fall off a cliff. I nailed Google Glass from the get go. The Iwatch is cr*# design.
    Apr 14, 2015. 10:22 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The consumers of the world do indeed have the final say. I never thought $350 ipods would sell either.
    Apr 13, 2015. 10:38 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Pershing Gold's Progress Continues To Impress, But I'm Handcuffed By Valuation Uncertainties [View article]
    If Alfers and company are the old pros they're made out to be, they probably already have a pretty good idea of what the PEA will say. And Alfers doesn't seem to be in any hurry. Honig and Frost have hundreds of millions of other investments. Maybe PGLC is just their way of adding a gold hedge to their portfolio.
    Apr 13, 2015. 06:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    If Alfers and company have as much ability and experience as they are generally credited with, I bet they already pretty much know what PEA will say. And Alfers doesn't seem to be in any hurry. Also as far as Honig and Frost go, these guys have hundreds of millions invested in different assets. Maybe PGLC is just their way of putting a small part of their portfolio in gold to hedge their other positions.
    Apr 13, 2015. 11:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I'm back to normal now. The Iwatch is a classic example of buy the rumor and sell the news.
    Apr 11, 2015. 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    O.K., I feel a rant coming on. I'm sorry, but the Iwatch is cr#% design. There, I said it. You had a blank slate, Jonie Ivie, and that's what you came up with? That's the best you could do? Seriously. The Iwatch design is just a tweak in the evolution of watch design, and not a good tweak at that. The design fits the needs of the corporation (Apple) and not the user.

How about the design of the Iphone 6? (How is coming to market with a product three years late a good thing?) Is making it one millimeter thinner than it would be with a longer lasting battery good design? I'll bet the costs of production for cramming everything into 1mm less thickness exceeds the cost of a 50% bigger battery. Is two ounces (guessing) of additional weight too much to carry for the additional utility of not running out of juice? Is no micro SD card slot good design? Whose interest does that omission serve?

I predict the Iwatch will go down as dating peak Apple hype. Good design and function matter. The Iwatch has neither.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Remember when the Ipod came out? How about the first time you saw an Iphone in action? Even the ipad. I haven't seen an Iwatch, but I just don't get it. It looks to me like a decent addition to the Iphone ecosystem, but not a revolutionary product in itself. What's the killer app? What does the Iwatch offer that I have to get my hands on one yesterday? What's magical about it? What's simply functional about it? Does it integrate into and become a part of my life, or is it just another layer of complication? I don't get it and won't get it. What the press does or doesn't do is noise. The truth is in the product.
    Apr 10, 2015. 08:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Becomes What Google Was In The 2000s And Microsoft Was In The 1990s [View article]
    Gotta agree with you Deja Vu. Yahoo all over again. Facebook is now in the heavy lifting phase. Remember Facebook Home? Seems like Facebook pursues all possible options hoping something will work.
    Apr 8, 2015. 03:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • I Am Now A Xiaomi Fan [View article]
    The biggest proof is how quickly Xiomi topped the smart phone market in China. Chinese consumers are not idiots. The Chinese phone market is hyper competitive. You've got to have real execution and superior products to do what Xiomi has done.
    Apr 8, 2015. 03:15 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I don't know jack about the gold mining business. But I do know business in general. From Pershing gold's website, the Technical report published 11-17-14, page 47, the Relief Canyon site has been drilled pretty thoroughly for a long period of time. Looks pretty much like no stone has been left unturned to me. The most recent drilling is pretty much spread around the periphery. If a clearly profitable resource had been identified, it would have been actively developed by now. The management look to be old pros to me. I suspect they would like a higher gold price to support the inherent risks of reopening the mine. So they're biding their time drilling more holes. That's what I would do.
    Apr 8, 2015. 03:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Golden Long: Frost's Pershing Gold Poised For A Significant Upside Move [View article]
    Wall Street Adviser, Your profile says you put your money where your mouth is. So, are you long PGLC or not?
    Apr 6, 2015. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple, Wearables And Digital Detox [View instapost]
    I think human beings in North America are at a digital saturation point. Digital consumption has reached a point of toxicity within the human organism. My personal opinion is that the pendulum is about to swing the other way for total consumer digital consumption.
    Mar 11, 2015. 03:47 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Entering The Car Sector? Why This Could Be Its Next 'Large Numbers' Move [View article]
    Apple would operate the network themselves. They find advantages in controlling the entire ecosystem.
    Feb 23, 2015. 08:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    TFTF, I think you've got it about right, but don't go far enough. Forget about Apple going after Tesla, BMW,etc. Apple will go after Uber and the on-demand transportation market with purpose built self-driving BEV's. Much bigger and more disruptive market. The path they take to get there would be the biggest question. They seem to be all in on this vehicle thing where ever it ends up.
    Feb 23, 2015. 06:35 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment