Sankrant Sanu

View Sankrant Sanu's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • BlackBerry: Is A Major Short Squeeze Coming? [View article]
    I like Blackberry at these prices and recently got a Z10 in Canada that I am carrying along with my IPhone. I have never owned a Blackberry before but if I were to carry only one phone I would prefer the Blackberry (once I got used to its up motion swipe for Home and up-and-right for message center). The message center is great but the phone function itself is a bit buried ... but it's a sweet device.

Only thing I miss so far is Google Maps.
    Mar 10 05:03 AM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ebix: New Problems Emerge In Singapore, Sweden And India [View article]
    The articles by themselves would be greeted with a yawn but it appears that they are accompanied by a big short sale. This makes the price go down which lends credibility to the article, leading to a market reaction. I got lucky last time that I exited my full position for a profit after the acquisition was announced. Bought at 9.80, time to load up again.
    Sep 19 10:25 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Undervalued By 202% [View article]
    I doubt that Microsoft can grow earnings at 20% every year over the next 10 years. That is highly optimistic. It is behind on tablets, on phones, on internet search, 3 of the highest growth areas in its markets. Desktop windows and apps can hardly do 20%. Most of the EPS growth in recent years has been from squeezing efficiency rather than top-line growth and you can only squeeze so much out.
    Apr 1 08:09 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Gold Mining Company Is The Best Bet In Nevada [View article]
    Took a look at this in more detail. Two challenges I see: they will need additional financing pretty soon and it has a history of significant dilution. Second, I am not sure I buy the methodology for NAV calculation in this article--it is completely a top-down guess in the absence of real data. At $100 million valuation with considerable outstanding options and warrants, the stock is not cheap.
    Oct 24 11:02 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Has Gold Been Falling Or Just The Dollar Rising? [View article]
    The article was sent a few days ago with GLD near 150. Blame the timing on the Seeking Alpha team. :)

However the correlation with the dollar is obviously still holding ...
    Jul 25 04:05 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Exposure To Gold For A Fraction Of The Cost [View article]
    >This indicates IAU and GLD are merely identical, well at least in terms of their relative performance over the past five years. It is hard to ignore the fact that GLD trades at approximately 9.95x the prices of IAU.

Unless you are buying less than $200 worth of stock how does this matter at all?

It's like saying Facebook is cheaper than Expedia because FB is $22 and Expedia is $58.
    Oct 31 02:26 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Higher Click-Through Rates On Facebook Ads Drive Advertisers And Revenue To The Social Network [View article]
    And I wouldn't have minded owning the unprofitable Amazon stock over the last 10 years.
    Oct 26 04:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Gold Mining Company Is The Best Bet In Nevada [View article]
    Hi Peter, I hadn't posted a full analysis but a mention in this article, posted on July 25:

"Among the junior minors we particularly like Primero Mining Corp (PPP), a Canadian company. Primero has the advantage of both being a profitable producer today (trading at less than 3X annual cash flows) and possessing the potential to significantly boost production with new discoveries in its mining concessions in the San Dimas district in Mexico."

A look at the PPP stock chart will reveal why this has been a good recommendation in that time. :)
    Oct 25 09:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Gold Mining Company Is The Best Bet In Nevada [View article]
    You can hardly use replacement value for processing facilities. Since the previous mine operator went bankrupt, viability is hardly established. Let us look at liquidation value, since the price they paid for the Relief Canyon mine including rights and processing facilities was only about $20 million a year ago. So valuing it at $30 million seems super aggressive. At liquidation these would be valued at $0.
    Oct 25 05:12 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Gold Mining Company Is The Best Bet In Nevada [View article]
    Yes, the estimates are quite aggressive. I would make a comparison to PPP, a gold miner I recommended recently. It's gone up about 200% since, but is still trading at a P/E of only about 6 or so. (http://seekingalpha.co...)

PPP has been steadily increasing output, slated to reach 200,000 oz/year in 2 years. Total Reserves and Resources 2 million ounces and expanding with each study. Highly profitable operating mine. They were trading at about $200 million market cap earlier this year, compared to $100 million for PGLC which has pretty much nothing in comparison. Also PGLC has a hangover in options & warrants that makes the cap higher.
    Oct 25 05:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Gold Mining Company Is The Best Bet In Nevada [View article]
    Interesting idea. I couldn't find any details of ties with Newmont Mining (NEM) and the investment by Coeur d'Alene (CDE) in the 10-Q. What is the source document for this?
    Oct 24 10:26 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Groupon May Surprise The Bears [View article]
    I do not see the business metrics are stumbling. When I see business declining I would change my bullish stance. When the stock price declines while the business is growing, it spells opportunity.
    Jul 25 02:57 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Shares Are Undervalued By Over 50% [View article]
    I agree John, but there is a perception of AAPL being a momentum play if one has not done the homework on the numbers. That is why we went with a fundamental analysis to look past the heightened emotions, bullish or bearish.
    Apr 25 11:31 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Is Undervalued By 202% [View article]
    This is really such an immature analysis. Plug in any company with a perpetual growth rate of 20% and you can come up with astronomical numbers. I wish SA would do better quality control on stuff like this.
    Apr 1 07:04 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Ebix: New Problems Emerge In Singapore, Sweden And India [View article]
    Yup, bought under 10, bouncing back up quickly.
    Sep 19 11:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment