View as an RSS Feed
View Sarfaraz A. Khan's Articles BY TICKER:
AAPL, ACPW, AMZN, APA, BA, BBG, BHI, BPZ, CHK, CHL, COP, CSCO, CVI, CVX, DDD, DELL, DFS, DK, DOW, DPM, DRGDF, E, EOG, EQM, EXH, FB, FDO, FET, FLIR, GLNG, GM, GOOG, GOOGL, GPRO, HAL, HCI, HERO, IBM, IOC, JD, KEG, LITB, LNG, MON, MOS, MPWR, MSFT, NFLX, OAS, PBR, PDS, PTEN, PTR, QTWW, RENN, RMCF, ROSE, SCI, SFUN, SLB, SNE, SPN, SRE, SSNLF, TM, TWTR, WAG, WFT, WMT, WPX, WTI, XOM, XONE
Sempra Energy Poised To Deliver Double-Digit EPS Growth Over The Long Term
- Sempra Energy’s Cameron LNG export project has finally received a green signal from regulators.
- The company could start exporting LNG as soon as 2018.
- The company could post solid earnings growth over the next several years, and it won’t come just from LNG exports.
Golar LNG: It's All About The Long-Term Outlook
- Golar LNG, along with its MLP Golar LNG Partners, is one of the leading shippers of LNG.
- Golar LNG has struggled due to the tough business environment, which will likely persist throughout the current year.
- Its long-term outlook, however, is really what this company is all about.
Cheniere Energy: First To Profit From The Changing Energy Landscape
- The global LNG demand is set to grow by an average of around 5% per year through 2030.
- Currently, Qatar is the biggest exporter of LNG but the energy landscape could significantly change in the next couple of years.
- In the U.S., Cheniere Energy is leading the change.
China Mobile Eyes Long-Term Growth, But It Comes With A Cost
- China Mobile has recently reported its half-yearly results.
- China Mobile’s revenues climbed but income dropped on higher costs.
- China Mobile’s profits could continue to remain under pressure this year.
- It’s long term outlook, however, is what investors should focus on.
WPX Energy: Watch Out For This Turnaround Stock
- WPX Energy is a natural gas -focused E&P company.
- WPX Energy has not reported any meaningful increase in total production and has struggled with profitability.
- That said, WPX Energy could change its fortune in the near future.
DCP Midstream Partners: This Dropdown-Powered Growth Story Deserves Your Attention
- DCP Midstream Partners is backed by a joint venture of Spectra Energy and Phillips 66.
- DCP Midstream Partners' latest quarterly results came in well below analysts’ estimates.
- However, there are several factors at work that will continue to support DCP Midstream Partners' growth in the coming years.
InterOil Is Looking Much Better
- Papua New Guinea focused InterOil has beefed up its balance sheet.
- InterOil is moving ahead with its drilling program to develop its massive acreage.
- InterOil has bigger ambitions as it eyes Asian markets.
GoPro: Should You Ride This Roller Coaster Stock?
- GoPro’s latest quarterly results came in better than market’s expectation.
- GoPro dominates the action camera market and has a real opportunity for growth as a video content provider.
- However, there are serious concerns regarding this company and its stock.
Israel: Assessing The Cost Of War
- Israel’s markets have shown resilience but optimism could evaporate if the war continues to drag.
- The conflict is now about as old as the 2006 Lebanon war.
- The country’s GDP growth could take a hit, but what about the nation’s biggest listed company Teva Pharmaceuticals?
- Can this war boost growth of Elbit Systems, Israel’s leading listed defense company?
EOG Resources: Should You Sell The Best American Shale Oil Stock At 52-Week High?
- EOG Resources is currently trading close to its 52-week high.
- EOG Resources has four key strengths that sets it apart from its competitors.
- Let's take a look at its production growth plans and valuation.
Buy Apache: Turnaround Of The Year With 2 Major Catalysts
- Apache could be a successful turnaround story of the year.
- Apache is transitioning into a North America onshore focused E&P company on the back of massive divestitures.
- There are two major catalysts that investors should watch out for, in the near term.
Boeing Could Keep Flying High For The Next 20 Years
- Boeing sees continued growth in the industry over the next two decades.
- The single-aisle market and strong demand from the Asia Pacific region are the two main factors fueling this growth.
- Yesterday, Boeing announced a massive new order from Emirates Airline.
- How does it stand against its biggest competitor, Airbus?
Facebook: LiveRail Acquisition Is A Small Part Of A Bigger Trend
- Facebook has recently announced the acquisition of LiveRail for reportedly between $400mn and $500Mn.
- LiveRail is one of the biggest players in the online video space that offers its unique real time bidding platform ecosystem.
- This is part of a bigger trend fueled by the growth in advertising spending on online videos, as pointed out by online video research analyst Paul Ritter.
Sony: Is There Any Light At The End Of This Tunnel?
- Sony has forecast another massive loss in the current fiscal year.
- Sony’s American depository receipts continue to underperform.
- Its loss-making television unit could report a rare profit, but its long-term outlook is uncertain.
- However, long-term oriented investors might still want to stick around.
Samsung Takes Aim At Google's Revenues
- Samsung has played a crucial role in making Google’s Android the world’s most popular mobile platform.
- Samsung has finally launched its highly anticipated Tizen based smartphone, the first of its kind, in a bid to reduce its reliance on Android.
- This, however, is not just about one smartphone as Samsung’s move can have far reaching implications.
Google's Aerospace Acquisitions - Endless Possibilities
- Google is reportedly mulling over buying a minority stake in Virgin Galactic.
- The acquisition will be a part of Google’s larger move in the aerospace industry.
- Google Maps can become much bigger than anyone has imagined, impacting the decision making of individuals and businesses.
JD.com, Alibaba's Biggest Rival, Is Good But Not That Good
- JD.com, Alibaba’s biggest rival, recently was listed on Nasdaq.
- The company’s business model is closer to that of Amazon than Alibaba.
- The company’s strength lies in its fulfillment infrastructure and mobile.
- However, JD.com has its fair share of weaknesses.
Family Dollar's Messiah
- Carl Icahn has just become the biggest shareholder of Family Dollar.
- Icahn’s arrival can start another round of takeover speculations.
- Family Dollar has lagged behind its rivals and needs a major overhaul.
How Apple's iPhones Might Become An Indispensable Piece Of Equipment, Again
- Apple has unveiled the HomeKit feature for the new iOS 8.
- The company will develop a “common protocol” to talk with the devices.
- Perhaps Apple is the only company that can do this successfully.
Twitter Tweeting Troubling Trends
- Twitter’s growth rates for monthly active users could come to a standstill.
- Data on user engagement isn't encouraging.
- Twitter's shares might remain under pressure until the company figures out a way to improve its two key metrics.
Google Is Reportedly Mulling Expansion In Outer Space
- Google is reportedly working to acquire Skybox Imaging as it continues to find ways to diversify its revenue base.
- Skybox builds microsatellites that capture high resolution images and high definition videos.
- Through this acquisition, Google could enhance its product offerings in Google Maps.
Netflix: Growth In The Midst Of Increasing Competition
- Netflix is working to improve the quality of its service to domestic subscribers.
- Netflix is nearing a major milestone in the international markets.
- Netflix is facing increasing competition from the new entrants in this industry, particularly from Yahoo but the former still has an edge over others.
IBM Shows Robust Growth In Cloud: Does It Matter?
- IBM continues to show strong growth in cloud revenues after spending billions on developing its cloud offerings.
- However, the company has a lot of work to do before this starts having any impact on its top line growth.
- IBM has touted two major cloud deals, but these might not have any meaningful impact on the growth of its cloud revenues.
Facebook Is A Strong Buy
- Facebook has reported significant growth in user base, market share, revenues and earnings.
- The company is becoming more profitable due to effective management.
- The company has undertaken major acquisitions that could diversify its revenue base and fuel its growth.
There Is No Stopping Baker Hughes
- Baker Hughes could deliver serious revenue and income growth in the coming years.
- The company is targeting efficiency through partnerships.
- Oil majors, on the other hand, are keeping a lid on their budgets.
Buy Apple As It Gets Serious About Inorganic Growth
- Apple is gearing up for one of its biggest acquisitions ever as it targets inorganic growth.
- This comes after the company conducted a major bond sale, which will be used to fund its growth and buyback expenditure.
- Analysts are eying double-digit top and bottom line growth.
4 Reasons Why Toyota Is Buying Back Shares
- Toyota has announced a $3.5 billion buyback plan.
- The company's ADRs have lagged behind its rivals.
- The company is sitting atop a massive pile of cash which is bigger than Tesla's market cap.
- The company has fallen behind other leading S&P 500 companies in terms of returning cash to shareholders.
- Toyota is eyeing record levels of profits and sales.
Peru-Focused BPZ Resources Is On The Verge Of A Turnaround; Has 40%-Plus Upside
- BPZ Resources has developed only a fraction of its properties.
- The company has a disappointing track record but is eyeing a turnaround on the back of higher production.
- The company has already given the first solid evidence of a turnaround, is nearing profitability by Q1-2015.
This Beaten-Down Offshore E&P Company Has 30%+ Upside Potential
- W&T Offshore’s shares are down 26% since November due to EPA’s notice but the markets appear to have overreacted.
- The offshore focused company could witness significant growth from offshore, as well as onshore assets.
- The production and earnings growth over the next two years could drive the shares 30% higher.
- This Beaten-Down Mid-Cap Oilfield Services Firm Looks Interesting
- Precision Drilling: A Bright Future Awaits For This Canadian Driller
- Active Power: This Struggling UPS And Infrastructure Solutions Provider Could Be Up For 60% Upside