Scot Wingo is the CEO of ChannelAdvisor. ChannelAdvisor is a leading provider of cloud-based e-commerce solutions that enable retailers and manufacturers to increase the scale and profitability of their global sales through dozens of online channels including Amazon, Google, eBay, Facebook and more. Scot’s previous company, AuctionRover, was acquired by GoTo.com and he was not only active in the online auction/ecommerce world at the start, but also saw the birth and rise of paid-search. Scot is the author of the book, eBay Strategies, and when not busy with his day job, Scot blogs at eBay Strategies, Amazon Strategies, CSE Strategies, Search Marketing and Facebook Commerce Strategies.
Fulltime antiques dealer. Occasionally buying stocks for long term investment. I am not a big investor. I do enjoy the process of choosing a company, researching it, and making the decision to buy. And then, later, deciding after a time whether to hold or sell. Have done okay overall after losing a good amount when I first started. Learned from that and have done much better since then.
Born 1940. . Forty + years of finance: Investment, leadership and administration. Owned/trained race horses, show horses ( world champions ) and cattle ranching. Now trade for own account. Consider myself a bottom-line eclectic trader/investor. Mantra: If it has high net margin results and sustainable volume and outstanding and positive profit management then I look; at my age everything is near-term. You always have to be looking 360 degrees. Trouble means "red-flag". Think reasons ------ not excuses. Four years and out for any leader if success is not of magnatude, No mold allowed to accrue! No if ands, or buts ... for any reason. Bad predecessor? Tuff!!! We hear that crap daily from the white house. Turn things around or goodby, and as they use to say so politically incorrect in my day "don't let the door hit you on the a... on your way ------- out!
The Knight Analyst is a finance and strategy executive. He has extensive financial operations experience within e-commerce, retail and media. His passion is in researching, analyzing and investing in visionary companies whose revenues and growth potential are tethered to increased adoption rates of internet and/or mobile usage.
The Knight Analyst is also a patient value investor for the long-term. He researches great companies with excellent long-term products and a management team to match. His portfolio is full of income-producing stocks with a proven dividend history of acceleration and safety.
I buy and sell based on earnings potential and valuation looking out 5-10 years and have been actively investing for 15 years.
Here on SA, I've been following the ladies and gentlemen of the DG community as well as some of the more provocative writers- a balanced diet - since 2007.
In the public markets, I currently have approximately 50 positions across multiple portfolios with a goal to reduce this number to a more manageable 30-35 as I've gotten to "know" those positions that I'd like to deepen. I typically buy in thirds, slowly building a position while I get to know the company better. The majority of these holdings are individual equities (approx 85%) with a smattering of bonds and cash equivalents.
Because of the importance I ascribe to the importance of dividends as an indicator, 90% of equity positions pay a dividend. The remaining positions, approximately 10%, do not pay a dividend - these are PCLN, AMZN, LNKD, GILD and BRK.B and a few other very small speculative positions.
I work at strategic research and consulting firm RBR a company with three decades of experience in retail banking, banking automation and payment systems. In my role as marketing manager I help clients fulfill their market intelligence requirements and raise their industry profile.
In addition to my commercial role I lead research efforts in the D-A-CH countries.
Prior to joining RBR I worked at Deloitte & Touche. I am an Austrian national and hold an Msc in International Business Management and a BA in Law & Economics.
In depth knowledge of the dynamics of the ATM and banking automation markets in Western Europe and CEE.
Very good knowledge of the global ATM market with an emphasis on North America and Asia Pacific.
Good knowledge of the European payment card markets.