Scott Eymer

View Scott Eymer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Sejd213,
    I am in your camp. Waiting for a pullback so I can increase my position.
    Good luck to you,

May 3 10:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    1kaiden,
    Thanks for your comment....I am sure there are others who feel the same way. We all have our own goals and strategies to achieve them.
    May 3 10:15 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Important Thing About Investing (Really) [View article]
    Tim,
    Good article, solid advice...spot on.
    One never wants to be in a position where they must sell into a down market.
    Thanks,
    May 3 02:04 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Viking Capital,

Thanks for your insight. I appreciate your comment.

May 3 12:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Lexelente,
    I agree with your line of thinking. Whatever we drive, we'll have to stop and refuel or recharge. We also need to use the restroom and buy a cup of syrup and water (high margin soft drink) etc. etc. etc.
    Thanks for your comments and good luck to you!

May 2 06:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    scarman59,
    Thanks for your comment.
    I think I am more optimistic about the marketing value these Corner Store street corners have. The retailer makes a few cents per gallon on the gasoline, but increases it's margin with each 6 pack or candy bar sold.
    Good luck to you,

May 2 06:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Kenneth Pounds,
    I agree...the real estate component is significant and presents an opportunity.
    Thanks for the comment,

May 2 10:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Bcrew312,
    Thanks for the comment and read.
    As I indicated in the article, the example spin-offs are not apples-to-apples. Each one is different.
    Good luck to you,

May 2 10:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    traderny,
    The CEO and CFO hold shares in VLO so received the 1 for 9 spun-off shares like all shareholders. Checking insider activity on CST will have to wait as the stock begins trading today. Solid point to raise.
    Thanks, and good luck.

May 2 10:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Thomas Azzara,
    Hype it? I guess I could have. Instead I just laid out the facts as I see them.
    Thanks for the read and comment. Good luck to you.

May 2 10:36 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    rejiii,
    Thanks for the read and comment. I agree on both points! Good luck to you!
    May 2 10:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy, Sell Or Hold The Brand New 'CST Brands' Stock? [View article]
    Sejd213,

Thanks for your comment! Good luck to you!

May 2 10:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Hector V,
    You may be right! I clearly identified that this is a speculative play, and just like the term implies, it could go either way.

If you think this is just a place where Grandma shopped, you haven't been in a JCP store lately. I would venture to say it has been my experience that more young people (rather than older people) have been checking out the new inventory.

In any event, time will tell.
    Thanks for your comment and for reading the article.

Apr 30 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    LibertyCampaign,

Thanks for your comment. I would think this stock will have a bumpy ride with plenty of up and down days.
    I bet there will be quite a focus on being ready for back to school and the holiday season.

Apr 28 12:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    tampabay,
    I think shoppers and employees (and investors) are delighted the Ron Johnson era has come to an end. Now it is about what and how quickly Mike Ullman and his team can right the ship. No doubt about it, this is a speculative play, not for everyone. But I think there is money to be made over a short horizon...like by back to school or 4th quarter holiday season. We shall see.
    Thanks for your read and the comment!
    Apr 27 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment