Scott Eymer

View Scott Eymer's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    LibertyCampaign,
    Thanks for the read and your comment.
    Joe Fresh is contracted to be in 681 of 1104 J C Penney stores. Yours may not be one of the Joe Fresh locations.

Apr 27 01:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    1guardian,
    Thanks for your comment and sharing your personal experience with JCP. You may be right...it could take a long time (or forever) to right this ship.
    My point in the article is that conditions are so bad and expectations so low (both priced into the stock) that even small improvements will increase the share price. Time will tell.
    Apr 26 07:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Karmike,
    Thanks for your contribution. Time will tell but I, too, see the stock doing fine in the long run.

Apr 26 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Jabbertherapy,
    Yeah, I resisted personal attacks on Johnson but did get a kick out of your analogy to an episode of 'hustle'. Suffice it to say I am glad this era is over...
    Thanks for your read and comment!
    Apr 26 03:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Bought J.C. Penney: A Speculative Play With Upside [View article]
    Heinz Doofenshmirtz,
    Thakns for your comment. You should do just fine with this investment.
    I love your final quote, which I have hanging on my wall...a reason to be long on JCP at these levels.

Apr 26 03:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Valero: Double Digit Pullback Since March Creates A Classic Buying Opportunity [View article]
    double12months,
    My thoughts as well. Long term holding that should grow for a long time.
    Thanks for your comment.

Apr 24 01:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    APPallYing,
    My expectations are right in line with the average from 19 analysts (link below)....so $1.00 vs. a year ago EPS of 0.31

Will we see $41 PPS + in May? I have no idea...(I don't attempt to time the market) although I think it is possible. $41 PPS would be less than a 7% bump from where the stock trades right now. The spin off (May 1) should lift both tickers.

But the bottom line for me is over time (not necessarily in the month of May 2013) I expect solid returns from VLO (and CST).
    Apr 19 12:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Kistylez01,
    I can't answer your question with absolute certainty. This is a great question for your broker. In the case of a stock split or dividend if your order was executed by the ex-dividend date (even if not by the settlement date) your purchase would include rights to the dividend. But I wouldn't advise you that the same is true for spin-off shares.
    Thanks for your question/comment.
    Apr 17 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The 'New' Kraft: Reinventing Itself And Paying A 4.1% Annual Dividend Yield [View article]
    Sunshine123,
    Wow...that would be GREAT news. I think we will see a lot of successful new product introductions under the leadership of new CEO Vernon.
    Good luck to you!
    Apr 14 12:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    wel9603,
    Yup....I am with you. I will cut the corners where it doesn't matter, but I buy Kraft brand Mayo, cheese, Cool Whip and others.
    I think we'll do well over time with this investment.

Good luck to you and thanks for the comment.

Apr 13 07:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tradestar,
    I have a lot of respect for Terranova, too....and spend too much time watching Fast Money. So between Terranova (who says the refiner run is over) and Cramer (who reiterates his BUY on Valero), two people I like are on different sides of this call. Only time will tell which way it works out.
    In the meantime I buy VLO on dips and look forward to picking up CST spin-off shares on May 1, 2013 and hope to grow my portfolio over the long term.
    Good luck to you,
    Apr 13 10:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    benitus,
    Yes, it seems we share similar outlooks. I bet we have similar goals, too...like growing the value of our portfolios over the long haul.
    Good luck to you!
    Apr 12 04:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    benitus,
    The only comment I would make about VLO today is that I added to my position. I earnestly see the pullback as a buying opportunity. That is my view and I don't suggest anyone else do the same...I simply see this as a long-term holding that will help me meet my goals. Others may have different goals and objectives.
    I appreciate your comments---

Apr 12 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hamilton55,
    Thanks, I appreciate your perspective and comment.
    I agree the market 'tells us' what is happening...
    If only we were all capable of knowing exactly what it is telling us.
    Good luck to you as well.

Apr 12 03:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hamilton55,
    As I indicated in the article Valero estimates its cost to upgrade to new EPA regs at $300 million.

Apr 12 03:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment